Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Secrets PG-13
Do not use this forum to attack a member or a group of members (karma: 3)
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 06:31 PM
Made sticky by linh (3) on 2008-04-08 18:35:30

The general purpose of this forum is to say secret things about yourself that you are scared of posting because it might hurt you if others knew. Or something you might not be able to share without the cloak of anonymity. So you can get it off your chest, maybe allow others to help you heal or shed insight. It should be about you.

It also needs to be a secret, something you wouldn't post on the advice boards normally.

The purpose is NOT to attack other members or a dance form such as disco. It is not to hurt other people with impunity. Period.

Someone recently re-opened a two-year old can of worms that does not truly reflect the supporting attitudes that DDNers have towards disco. I personally find it awesome to have such a vibrant community and parents that care deeply about their children dancing from such an early age. While it's not perfect, there's no doubt we can all learn something from the disco community. And vice versa.

Our mission is to foster the growth of dance around the world. Even dance styles you may not understand or wholly appreciate.

Any posts attacking members or a group of members here will not be tolerated and will be removed and the anonymous privilege revoked. Civil debates can still be had by posting on the debates forum of course.

Note that this board is experimental and we may remove it after a time if it doesn't serve a useful purpose.

Linh

7 Replies to Do not use this forum to attack a member or a group of members

re: Do not use this forum to attack a member or a group of members
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 06:38 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2008-04-08 18:39:09 ugh....DDN ate the rest of my reply
Thank you Linh! I'm sorry you had to get drug into the middle of this.

By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Tue Apr 08, 2008 06:40 PM
Edited by Shadowsong (106208) on 2008-04-08 18:42:28 re-word and word choice...
Edited by Shadowsong (106208) on 2008-04-08 18:59:09 a wee little sumpin'
Linh:

Thanks so much for both locking that offensive thread..

and for creating this sticky.

Can we go back to "dancing", and learning, and expanding our creative horizons now?

s.

How can you see beyond the horizon.. if you are so nearsighted, you can't see beyond your own toes?
By DanceManiacLauzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2475, member since Sun Jan 28, 2007
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 08:57 AM
well said couldnt have put it a better way my self
especialy attacking the disco bit!
By fairyfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2821, member since Sat Jul 05, 2003
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 03:54 PM
thankyou Linh!
perfectly worded!

Lesley-Ann xx
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 08:03 PM
allow others to help you heal or shed insight

I've seen some people, even mods, say rude things to people on the anonymous and even the regular categories that probably doesn't help them heal or really give good advice.
The mods are what really get to me because aren't they supposed to be there to be trusted?
That's something that's been bothering me for a few months now.
I just wanted you to know that.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 08:17 PM
^Then why haven't you modded it rather than attack them in a post?
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:19 PM
Brittany wrote:

^Then why haven't you modded it rather than attack them in a post?

I didn't know you could report a mod. That's sort of like complaining to the president about the president, isn't it? What if the person I was reporting is the one who gets the report.
And I wouldn't exactly say I 'attacked' them. I didn't specify anyone. I thought attacking someone is when you specifically say someone, like "Oh that 'Sally', that jerk ate my twinkie last week at the park" or something like that?

ReplySendWatch