Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Secrets PG-13
Just a quick note on editing your posts -
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 06:58 PM
Made sticky by hylndlas (107168) on 2008-04-09 20:06:53 sticky

If you post Anonymous, do NOT edit your posts yourself. Your real screen name will show up on your edits!

Either the mistakes will have to be as is, you'll have to make a new post so that you can add information you left out, or you have to MOD the post, so that we can fix it.

t

2 Replies to Just a quick note on editing your posts -

re: Just a quick note on editing your posts -
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 07:11 PM
When I tried testing this.. and then, tried to edit what I was testing.. I got a diagnostic that told me I was NOT user Anonymous...

that I could only edit those posts under my own screenname.

Which is why I was thinking about the "create the post on your own computer in an rft (word pad, or notepad..) read it through, and then, copy it over into the board.

yes, when you create a post in the secrets board, the author will be 'Anonymous.

If you reply.. and you wish to be Anonymous, instead of your screenname, click on the Anonymous box.

Yep? Yep.

Oh, yeah?

On three snickerdoodles! Oh yeah!

**bommmp**

Hey! :O
re: Just a quick note on editing your posts -
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 PM
To clarify: you can't edit your post at all if you post anonymously. Since your user name isn't associated with the comment, you can't edit it. We may consider adding a password option in the future which would allow you to edit an anonymous post if you know the password. If you post as yourself, then nothing changes and you can still edit things within the normal 2-hour window.

ReplySendWatch