Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Just a thought...
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Sun May 04, 2008 05:40 AM
What about "I'm Not Just A Freakin' Jazz Shoe With A Bit Of Metal At The End"? ;) or "The Foot Drummer", "Tap - Not That Thing Over Your Sink"?

If I wanted to plagiarise from local studios/companies, "Tap Tap Tap" and "Beats Per Minute".
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun May 04, 2008 05:45 AM
Foot music? (My sister used to say that she was a musician, she just made music with her feet.)

I agree an interview with a member would be nice and I loved the idea of the tap "glossary". What if we interviewed or did a small feature on a famous/pro tapper as well?

I will run the interviews if you like.

Helen
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Sun May 04, 2008 05:53 AM
ROFL. Love glitter's first suggestion! Or another of my personal favourites, "If you think it's so easy, you flipping well try sounding and looking as good!"

I'm awful at names, so I'll leave that to you creative peeps.

Do we have access to enough famous/pro tappers to be able to do that? I love the idea, just trying to work out whether it's feasible. I guess if we can't interview, we can just research and do a feature though. I think the pro segment should include links to video clips if at all possible - whether YouTube or whatever.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun May 04, 2008 05:56 AM
Yeah - I think a researched article would be fine if we didn't have access to a tapper to interview. That was what I was thinking when I was posting. I probably didn't articulate it well enough.

Helen
By adageacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3982, member since Thu Sep 01, 2005
On Sun May 04, 2008 06:25 AM
Either that or I haven't had enough coffee yet ;) It's a holiday weekend, so I'm taking it easy.

Hm, any other content ideas?
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Sun May 04, 2008 11:51 AM
I think it would be cool to do the dictionary and member interviews and pro tapper interviews. That would be REALLY cool.

And I would be willing to help :)

I like Glitter's first name idea, too... lol
On Mon May 05, 2008 04:11 PM
I've made a poll for the name ideas. Hopefully we can get something decided on. And then we can start putting it together!
*gets excited*
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Mon May 05, 2008 04:23 PM
^I hope it works out. I REALLY like this idea and would be REALLY willing to help write/edit/whatever if needed.
On Fri May 09, 2008 01:20 AM
Whee, we have a name! :D

According to the poll, way out in front with 7 votes was "Got Rhythm?"... so that's it.

Who is volunteering to be involved? So far I have seen concrete yesses from me, Helen and blochpointes.
On Fri May 09, 2008 02:19 AM
It's a yes, time permitting from me. (So put me down as a 'guest writer' or something :) )
On Tue May 13, 2008 02:10 PM
Right then. Three definites and one guest; shall we get this started via PM?
On Tue May 13, 2008 02:58 PM
^ That's fine. and about this:

Do we have access to enough famous/pro tappers to be able to do that? I love the idea, just trying to work out whether it's feasible. I guess if we can't interview, we can just research and do a feature though. I think the pro segment should include links to video clips if at all possible - whether YouTube or whatever.

I know Renae knows a few people, and I THINK I know some people that I could convince.
On Tue May 13, 2008 03:23 PM
Well, I'm happy that it's doable, I was just trying to think of any stumbling blocks in advance. So that's great, we have enough people to draw on.
On Tue May 13, 2008 07:16 PM
^Wait until I get back from SLTF and then I MIGHT have some people for ya.
On Tue May 13, 2008 09:38 PM
I'll start a post on the Tap board asking for nominations for people to be interviewed for "Got Rhythm".

Helen
On Sat May 17, 2008 10:35 PM
Adageace, want to give us a deadline for articles? I've got enough candidates for an interview. Also, I think dangslow would be interested in writing a clogging article.

Helen
On Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 PM
WEre we going to be PMed something? I thought we were gonna be PMed something. AS of right now, it would be better for me to do member interviews than talking my people into possibly participating or writing an informative article.
On Wed May 21, 2008 01:00 AM
Ok, I have PMd people who have volunteered to write for the first issue - Glitter, I know you said you would contribute time permitting, but I know you have uni stuff on for the next couple of weeks so I don't want to pressure you right now; just let me know as and when you have something you want to write.

As for the others, deadline for your contributions (you know what they are) is two weeks from now - I make that 5th June?
On Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 PM
Thanks girl. My last assessment is due in June 13th, so I can start writing after that (so 2nd or 3rd edition kind of thing).
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:22 AM
Dudes - what's going on?

Helen
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 02:42 AM
I've yet to get anything from anyone. Work's been a bit insane so I've not had chance to chase anyone up - but could you all let me know if you still want to be involved in writing?
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 09:14 PM
Well blochpointes took over my article, so I wasn't writing anything for this first edition. But if I'd known that nobody would actually DO anything, I would have just done it all myself.

*sigh*

I hate delegating.

Helen
On Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:39 AM
Yes, I remember - because you hurt your hand and typing was a struggle.

I guess we'll try again. End of July for contributions, and I'll get it up asap afterwards? If Dangslow is still interested in a clogging article, we'll have that and an interview. I'll see what I can put together too. Maybe something funny.
On Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:46 AM
Cool. I'll interview somebody.

Helen
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch