Popular Highland

Champion of Champions Australia by BabyBear
Anyone have results from champion of champion in Australia or a link to results?

Forum: VIS / Virtual School

Virtual School
It's time! en>fr fr>en
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7532, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:04 AM

That we should organize an event for the whole of VIS! SO everyone can enjoy it :)

Suggestions are welcome here! I'm not sure who will organize it... (I don't believe there's a general VIS events coordinator)

So post your support of having a whole VIS event! ANd suggestions for it too! Because there hasn't been an event on the general VIS board in a while....

So suggest anything! A foreign trip perhaps? Trivia? Contest of some sort? So get creative and start suggesting!

15 Replies to It's time!

re: It's time! en>fr fr>en
By leppydancer05member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 402, member since Sun Aug 21, 2005
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 09:48 AM
I was just thinking of this, my idea since it's been nice and warm where I am right now

how about a beach trip, doesnt matter where, we can do a cookout or something, and just have fun!!
By KangarooPawmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2452, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:21 AM
Good thinking Cadbury!

Maybe along the lines of a contest we could have a game show, maybe a VIS version of Family Feud? Dorm against Dorm? [there are two active dorms, right??] :)
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7532, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 08:58 PM
Yeah a dorm vesus dorm thing may be fun!
By pinkandpistachioPremium member Comments: 482, member since Sun Jun 17, 2007
On Fri Apr 18, 2008 05:20 PM
VIS's next top model
By Beckymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1374, member since Sun Dec 03, 2006
On Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:01 AM
I like the dorm against dorm thing. Maybe it could be mini olympics styles with like mini games for points etc like a scavenger hunt

=]
By ballet_ek Comments: 128, member since Fri Jun 01, 2007
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 04:16 AM
I'm happy to orgianise it if someone wants me too.

maybe we could do a hunt or something similar where u have to items or words in post that are all though VIS and then they have to reply to the post in order to get the points or somthing. this could get people active again in all areas of VIS as they would have to reply in all the areas of VIS and search through places they may not have been before.

just an idea... let me know if u would like me to help organise it.

xo-Erin-ox
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 07:56 AM
Well once we get a few more suggestions we might have a poll adn see which is the most popular idea...but we should give more time for suggestions!
By danzadancer2285 Comments: 1030, member since Wed Jul 11, 2007
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 02:24 PM
I also like the dorm vs. dorm idea. We would just have to make sure that each dorm has the same number of participants and we have to make sure the participants will be active.

We could have different "stages". Example:

Stage One - How much do you know about your dorm? This level could consist of questions involving activities that happened in the past (What was the last activity your dorm hosted?), active members (How many active members dooes your dorm have?), etc.

Stage Two - A scavanger hunt. We can have one person (Oranges or Cadbury?) hide clues to questions all over VIS. For each question that is answered, a certain amount of points are awarded.

Stage Three - ??? I don't have any more ideas :( Maybe we could do something along the lines of the Family Fued thing KP metioned.

I will also be willing to organize something if you need some help.
By KangarooPawmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2452, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 03:58 PM
The whole 'dorm vs. dorm' thing was my idea to begin with, but it's sort of been taken out of context. What I meant was that it could be run like a game show, particularly family feud, and make it about various things in the dance world, and test each dorm team's knowledge of different things. If it were run on a thread or in chat, it depends. If the members could all meet up in chat at a particular DDN time, that could work, or it could go on a slower note and be all enclosed into a thread for the game.

:)
On Wed Apr 23, 2008 08:42 AM
^That'd be good except it would be very hard to organize a chat time. Becuase of all the different timezones and stuff.

By the way, what is family feud? Is it some popular gameshow that I've never heard of?

I quite like Becky's idea of the VIS olympics though. The real Olympics are soonish anyway so it would be kind of fitting. We could have different events so we could merge alot of these great ideas into the event. Like the trivia event,a scavenger hunt, costume event, best score on online game etc. Then all points would be added up and the winner would be declared and then each dorm would get a medal (gold,silver, bronze). It'd be great and because the events would be diverse they would appeal to everyone. I just gotta think of somemore. We could have an olympic mascot and everything lol.

I kinda ran away with Becky's idea lol. But I had a sudden creative moment.

Oh and i would be happy to organize it. I love organizing events lol.
By theri_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1244, member since Sat Aug 18, 2007
On Thu Apr 24, 2008 01:57 PM
www.familyfeud.tv
en.wikipedia.org . . .

Family Feud is a television game show. It basically is families against eachother. There will be a question, and you have to answer. The correct answers come from surveys they took. A question would be "what you you take with you if you were deserted on an island" and your team answers. If it didn't rank in the top ten of what people on the street said, you didn't get points.
On Sat Apr 26, 2008 01:44 AM
Okay. So the ideas so far are;
*Trip
*VIS gameshow (e.g. Family Feud)
*Dorm vs Dorm VIS Olympics (with many different contests in it.)

Have I missed anything? Oh and how much longer should I leave for suggestions? Before the poll? Because i think the poll may be the most diplomatic way to pick which one to do. Do you all agree?
On Sat Apr 26, 2008 07:33 PM
Oops! I forgot the suggestions of;
VIS next top model (not sure exaxtly what that would involve)
*Trivia
*Scavenger Hunt

All though, the trivia and the scavenger hunt could always be in the olympics...
On Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:55 PM
That's a good idea fusing things into the Olympics, but the whole trivia thing might not work since we seem to have a lot of new members, who haven't had the chance to really learn anything about their dorms (assuming the idea of 'how much do you know about your dorm' would be used) so it would be kind of unfair, plus with things being kind of low-key right now, there isn't much to know, haha.

And the VIS Next Top Model thing... some members haven't saluted and some aren't comfortable posting photos of themselves to be judged...so I don't really think that would be too fair either.

I remember someone trying to start up a "DDN's Next Top Dancer" but it got thrown out pretty quickly because there were so many demands that were unfair and not very well thought out...
anyone else remember that?
www.dance.net . . .
On Fri May 09, 2008 06:43 AM
Well with the trivia thing, I wasn't really thinking about the how much you know about your dorm direction? (It would give unfair advantage to the older members, and there's not that many questions you could ask)

I agree with you about the Top Model thing..it would realyl be nice to have an event when we can get the max number of participants.

ReplySendWatch