Do you remember those old rhymes you'd sing as a kid?
By TeenDancer16
On 04/18/2008 21:00:43
I don't know how this came up, but a few days ago I started to think about those old rhymes we all used to sing as kids, the ones that are used in clapping games most of the time. Well, when you actually listen to how the rhymes go, some of them can be quite awful; as in rude, cheeky, and skimming the line of what would be appropriate in the school yard. So, I thought it would be interesting if everyone shared some old rhymes that they remember, good or bad. Here's a few I remember: 1. (normal) Cece my playmate, come out and play with me, and bring your dollies three, climb up my apple tree, slide down my rainbow, into my cellar door, and we'll be jolly friends, forever more. 2.(changed) Cece my enemy, Come out and fight with me I'll bring my garden hose, And shove it up your nose, Slide down my boobie trap, Into my cellar door, And we'll be mighty enemies, Forever more. 3. Mailman, mailman, do your duty, Here comes a lady with an African booty, She can do the pom-poms, She can do the splits, But I bet you $5 she can't do this.... I remember a few more, but I'll see if anyone else can come up with any first. I find them interesting, but some are just awful! I'd love to see what kids across the world are singing, and just how different they are.
re: Do you remember those old rhymes you'd sing as a kid?
By Believe
On 04/18/2008 21:17:06
Ooh, we used to do:

Brick wall, waterfall,
-Name Here- thinks they've got it all,
but they don't and I do,
so BOOM with that attidude!
Peace, punch, capt'n crunch,
I got something you can't touch.
Bing bang, choo-choo train,
wind me up I do my thing,
Oh Reese's Peices, 7Up,
You mess with me I mess you up!
BAM!

And we did a slightly different version of it as well:

Brick wall, waterfall,
-Name Here- think they've got it all,
but they don't and I do, so BOOM with that attitude!
Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, smooch, smooch, kiss kiss!
Ooh, girl you just got dissed!
Wait, come back, you need a tic-tac!
Not one, not two, but the whole pack!
Talk to this, (We'd hold our hand up near our ears like a phone)
Cause the face aint home!
And leave a message after the tone! BEEP. CUT OFF!

Oh! And:

Miss Molly had a steamboat,
the steamboat had a horn. TOOT TOOT!
Miss Molly went to heaven, the steamboat went to-
HELLO operator, please give me number nine,
and if you disconnect me, I'll kick you from-
BEHIND the yellow curtain, there was a piece of glass,
Miss Molly sat upon it, and broke her big fat-
ASK me no more questions, tell me no more lies,
the boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their-
FLIES are in the city, the bees are in the park,
Miss Molly and her boyfriend, are kissing in the
D-A-R-K Dark-Dark-Dark-Dark-Dark-Dark!
The dark is like a movie, a movie's like a show!
A show is like a comedy, and that is all I-
KNOW I know my Ma, I know, I know my Pa!
I know, I know my sister with the forty acre bra-bra-bra-bra-bra-bra-bra-bra!

Haha, we were so lame!
Fun post!

-Ashleigh.
By DeeDees
On 04/19/2008 08:30:10
Ha Ha Clapping game Under the bram/brown (?) bush under the tree..boom boom boom. True love for you my darling True love for me And when we marry, we'll have a family With a a girl for you and a boy for me Oh think how happy we shall be SEXY This was played with your skirt. Here is mummy (hold left side of skirt)) Here is Daddy (hold right side) Making a baby (bring together, holding with both skirt sides in left hand and reach in between the to with your right hand) And here is the nappy (you brought up middle part of skirt up and over and then tucked in between your legs like a nappy) No wonder I was told off at 8 when I proudly should my mum the new game :) oohh so many more...
By adageace
On 04/19/2008 12:45:13
We had a bunch of rewrites of nursery rhymes, like: Mary had a little lamb She tied it to a pylon 10,000 volts went up its bum And turned its wool to nylon. We also had one along the lines of Believe's first rhyme too, but I can't remember it. Every second line ended on something that sounded like it was going to be rude, but would turn out to be a different word. I think it ended with: "I saw a policeman doing up his -- Flies are a nuisance, bees are even worse And that is the end of my silly little verse" Oh, and "I know a song that'll get on your nerves" was popular for a good long time, as was "This is the song that never ends". I won't get started on the ones we did with cadets, because I can pretty much guarantee they're inappropriate for DDN ;-) Either that or silly in-jokes that wouldn't be the slightest bit funny to anyone else. Plus I don't think things you sing while sailing at age 15/16 count as kids rhymes. And I nearly forgot - I remember an extra verse to Cece My Playmate. Cece my playmate, I cannot play with you, My dolly's got the flu, Chickenpox and measles too. Don't slide down my drainpipe, Or knock on my cellar door, But we'll be jolly friends For ever more.
By Katie_x
On 04/19/2008 13:02:55
Oh we had ones we thought were hilarious *ahem* My boyfried gave me an apple, my boyfriend gave me a pear, my boyfriend gave me a kiss kiss kiss and he kicked me down the stair. I gave him back his apple, I gave him back his pear, I gave him back his kiss kiss kiss and I kicked him down the stair, I kicked him over london, I kicked him over france, I kicked him over the USA and he lost his underpants. I took him to the station, I bought him bubble gum, And when he wasn't looking I stuck it up his bum! I made him wash the dishes, I made him clean the floor, I made him wipe the babies bum in 1994! Also: Under the apple tree, my boyfriend said to me, kiss me, hug me, tell me that you love me, A, B ,C (you made your feet go out on the abc and this just repeated until you were as far into the spilts as possible) And: I went to a chinese restaurant, to buy a loaf of bread, he wrapped it up in a five pound note and this is what he said; my name is... elvis presley, girls are sexy, sitting in the back seat, drinking pepsi, having babies, in the navy, do me a favour, push off! Another: There's a party on the hill will you please please come, bring your own cup and saucer and your own cream bun... who is my best chum? *picks person* *name* will be there with her knickers in her hair singing aii-aii-ipy-ipy-aii The best one of all is the Nobby All song though... although I think thats a bit too kinky for DDN... PM's welcome for anyone who wants to hear it ;)
By pelerroja
On 04/19/2008 15:14:10
We had a variation on the "I went to a chinese restaurant" one: I went to a chinese restaurant to buy a load of bread bread bread, He wrapped it up in a five pound note and this is what he said, said said, My name is...elvis presley, girls are sexy, sitting in the back seat, drinking pepsi, Margaret Thatcher, Do me a favour.....drop....down....DEAD! I was five...I had no idea how Margaret Thatcher was! But I'm sure my Labour-supporting parents were very proud!
By kay
On 04/19/2008 21:26:18
OMG! I used to say the "brick wall, water fall, girl you think you know it all" one in 3rd/4th grade. It was like the cool thing to say at my school. :P I remember playing a game in 2nd grade. It went: Down by the banks of hanky panky, where the bullfrog jumps from bank to bank, with an eeps, eyps, ohps, uhps, Alligator comes with a big Ker-PLUNK! I don't know if that's right, I just wrote it from memory.
By nodoubt_dancer
On 04/19/2008 21:36:04
My favorite was the one similar to above mentioned "Miss Molly" rhymes... Miss Susie rode a steamboat, the steamboat had a crash Miss Susie went to heaven, the steamboat went to Hello Operator, get me number nine, and if you disconnect me I'll kick you... Just behind the refrigerator, there laid a piece of glass Miss Susie sat upon it and broke her little... Ask me no more questions, Tell me no more lies The boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their... Flies are in the meadow, the bees are in their hives Miss Susie and her boyfriend are kissing in the... D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, Dark Dark Dark! Darker than the ocean, Darker than the sea Darker than the underwear Madonna gave to me!
By Amylia
On 04/19/2008 21:41:42
another variation:

Miss Susie had a steamboat,
the steamboat had a horn.
Miss Susie went to heaven, the steamboat went to-
HELLO operator, please give me number nine,
and if you disconnect me, I'll kick you from-
BEHIND the refrigerator, there was a piece of glass,
Miss Susie sat upon it, and broke her little-
ASK me no more questions, please tell me no more lies,
the boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their-
FLIES are in the meadow, the bees are in the park,
Miss Susie and her boyfriend, are kissing in the
D-A-R-K D-A-R-K -Dark-Dark-Dark!
The dark is like a movie, a movie's like a show!
A show is like a TV Show, and that is all I-
KNOW I know my Ma, I know, I know my Pa!
I know, I know my sister with the 80 meter bra!

oh and there's always the classic

McDonalds, McDonald's
Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut!
By pasdebourretendu
On 04/19/2008 23:00:07
I also did the Ms Susie - but the steamboat had a bell not a horn or a crash - and the sister had a forty acre bra. Another Ms Susie Ms Susie had a baby She named him tiny Tim She put him in the bathtub To see if he could swim. He drank up all the water He ate up all the soap He tried to eat the bathtub but it wouldn't fit down his throat. Ms Susie called the doctor Ms Susie called the nurse Ms Susie called the lady with the alligator purse. Mumps said the doctor Measles said the nurse Pizza said the lady with the alligator purse. Pepto Bismol said the doctor Cough Syrup said the nurse Coca-cola said the lady with the alligator purse. MS MARY MACK was.... ms mary mack mack mack all dressed in black black black with silver buttons buttons buttons all down her back back back she asked her mother mother mother for fifteen cents cents cents to see the elephants elephants elephants jump over the fence fence fence they jumped so high high high they reached the sky sky sky and didn't come back back back til the forth of july ly ly july dont walk walk walk july dont talk talk talk july dont eat eat eat down by my feet feet feet. yeaaaa h. nice, eh? We also did CiCi my playmate and down by the banks of the hanky-pank but the last line was different but i don't remember it. There was one - Mountain Dew... Oh they call it that good old mountain dew yoo-hoo and them that refuse it are few are few So I'll hush up my mug if you fill up my jug with that good old mountain dew yoo-hoo *Yeah, North Carolina {US} for ya. :D [We should have one called Sweet Tea!] I Love the one Boys are cheats and liars. I never heard that one but its funny.
By Merfi
On 04/19/2008 23:12:37
Ah, good times! Okay, this is the first one that leaps to the brain- My mother, your mother, live down the street 18, 19 Marble Street And every night, they'd have a fight, and this is what they told me... Girls are from Mars, to eat candy bars Boys are from Jupiter, to get more stupider Girls are sexy, made out of Pepsi Boys are rotten, made out of cotton. I'm sure there was more to it than that, but I can't remember the rest!
By horseygymnast
On 04/20/2008 01:05:44
I used to love doing these with my friends all the time. We had so many different ones, but I really don't remember a lot of them... I remember Miss. Molly, and american booty one, but we did it a little differently. Here are a few (words may be off, but I haven't done these in so long): Give me a break Give me a break Break me off a peice of that kit-kat-bar Chocolatly taste Gonna make my day Everywhere you go, you hear the peo-ple -say Give me a break Give me a break Break me off a piece of that Gotta have a piece of that Really want a piece of that KIT-KAT-BAR They call me Hi, Low, pickalo Pickalo, high, low High, low, pickalo pickalo, Yo Mailman, mailman, do you duty He comes miss. American beauty She can do the pom-pom She can do the splits But most of all she'll blow you a kiss k-i-s-s (we would then proceed to move our feet sideways for each letter in kiss, and attemt to do the splits, and repeat until someone fell over) When pebbles was a baby, a baby, a baby When pebbles was a baby, she went like this: Wah, Wah When pebbles was a toddler, a toddler, a toddler When pebbles was a Toddler, she went like this: Wah, Wah, give me a sucker . .It kept going on from there until she died, but I don't feel like witing it all out. That's all I can remember right now
By KeepOnSingin
On 04/20/2008 20:48:49
Oh yes...Miss Susie. But mine is different: Miss Susie had a tugboat. The tugboat had a bell (TOOT TOOT). Miss Susie went to heaven. The tugboat went to HELL-O operator! Please give me number nine. And if you disconnect me, I'll chop off your BEHIND the refrigerator There was a piece of glass. Miss Susie sat upon it, and broke her little ASK me no more questions! Please tell me no more lies. The boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their FLIES are in the meadow, The bees are in the park. Miss Susie and her boyfriend are kissing in the D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K Dark dark dark! The dark is like a movie. A movie's like a show. The show is almost over, and that is all I know. I know I know my mother. I know I know my pa. I know I know my sister with the forty acre bra! And others... E-T. E-T. E-T from outer space. He has an ugly face. Sitting in a rocker, Eating Betty Crocker, Watching the clock go tick-tock Tick-tock ski-wa-dee-da-dee A-B-C-D-E-F-G Wipe those crumbs off of me! I've got a smooth shirt. I've got a smooth shirt. I've got a smooth smooth smooth smooth smooth shirt. Now freeze! ----- Cinderella Dressed in yellow Went upstairs to kiss her fellow. Made a mistake, Kissed a snake! How many doctors will it take? ----- Me and my boyfriend went on a date. He bought me ice cream, he bought me cake. He brought me home with a bellyache. I called the doctor and I cried "Doctor, Doctor, will I die?" The doctor said "Close your eyes and count to five." One, two, three, four, five, I'm alive! ----- Coca-Cola went to town. Pepsi-Cola shot him down. Dr. Pepper fixed him up. Now they call him 7-UP. ----- So fun!
By ActingBunhead
On 04/20/2008 21:40:38
This is a different ending to the Downy By The Banks one: Down by the banks of the hankey panky Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky With a eeps, ohps, soda pop Hey, Mackerdoodle and I got YOU! That's all I remember...I was homeschooled so I didn't know that many. Some of these are funny!
By CheesePlusCake
On 04/20/2008 22:27:10
Chain chain chain
I don't wanna go to Mexico no more more more
There's a big fat policeman at the door door door
If he grabs you by the collar, girl you better holler
I don't wanna go to Mexico no more more more

Eenie meenie sicileenie
oh I thumbeleenie
otchy cotchy liberace
I love you
take a peach, take a pie, take a stick of bubblegum
no peach, no pie, no stick of bubblegum
saw you with your boyfriend last night
how do you know?
peeked through the keyhole
nosy
didn't do the dishes
lazy
jumped out the window
now I know you're crazy
that's why they call you
eenie meenie sicileenie
oh I thumbeleenie
otchi cotchi liberace
I love you

Down by the banks of the hanky panky
where the bullfrogs jump from bank to bank
sayin east side, west side, far side, hill side
mother sings and so do you
ding dong, ping pong
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There was once about going to outer space, and girls being from mars where there's candy bars, and boys are from venus where they all have little..... or where children drink martinis, depending on the version.

Here's one from south park that's like the Miss Suzie we'd sing when it came out

Mrs. Landers was a health nut
she cooked food in a wok
Mr. Harris was her boyfriend
and he had a great big

Cock-A-doodle-doodle
the rooster just won't quit
and I don't want my breakfast
because it tastes like

Shitzus make good house pets
they're cuddly and sweet
monkeys aren't good to have
'cause they like to beat their

Meeting in the office
or meeting in the hall
the boss he wants to see you
so you can suck his

Balzac was a writer
he lived with Allen Funt
Mrs. Roberts didn't like him
but thats 'cause she's a

Cont-aminated water
can really make you sick
your bladder gets infected
and blood comes out your

Dictate what I'm saying
'cause it will bring you luck
and if you all don't like it
I dont give a flying $#%&!!
By Claritin
On 04/23/2008 16:30:40
Miss Sue Miss Sue Miss Sue from Alabama Her real name Susiana Sitting in a rocking chair Eating baby crackers Watching the clock go Tick-tock, tick-tock, banana rock Tick-tock, tick-tock, banana rock A B C D E F G Wash those spots all off of me Mushka mushka, I see my mommy Mushka mushka, I know karate Mushka mushka, (fake push someone) Oops I'm sorry Mushka mushka, Indian Chief. How. (That might be a little racist, woops.) -- For jump roping: Ice cream soda, cherry on top Who's your boyfriend? I forgot. Is it A? B? C? (keep going down the alphabet until the person messes up. and then whatever letter it was you find a guy's name that starts with it. It's better if the guy is in your class. "K? Ooooh. You like Kevin!!") -- Another jump roping one where you do all the moves you sing. (For instance you jump with your legs apart every time you say "splits" or kick every time you say "kicks." Mexico, Mexico Over the hills to Mexico Where they do the splits, splits, splits And do high kicks, kicks, kicks And turn around, round, round And touch the ground, ground, ground And get outta town, town, town (you jump out with the rope still going) And get back in, in, in (someone new jumps in) And start all over, over, over Again and again, gain, gain (Then start over with the new person.) -- Teddy bear, teddy bear, go to bed Teddy bear, teddy bear, clear your head(?) Teddy bear, teddy bear, climb the stairs Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn out the lights Teddy bear, teddy bear, say good night. -- I went to a Chinese restaurant To buy a loaf of bread The waiter asked my name And this is what I said: My name is Elvis Presley Girls are sexy Don't drink whiskey, it's too frisky Do me a favor Push your neighbor Chinese (pull eyes up) Japanese (pull eyes down) Indian chief. How. (Again with the racist. It's a wonder how we didn't grow up being racist. Of course, we did live an incredibly diverse community so I guess we just didn't care all that much about race)
By Catherine
On 04/23/2008 19:12:31
Thought I would put my two cents in here. I am a daycare teacher and a Brownie Leader. I remember most of the songs but with some variations. If you are looking for some songs to sing, check out this site from another Guider - http://dragon.sleepdeprived.ca/songbook/songbook_index.htm But my favourite song would have to be Gunderbeck Gunderbeck There was a fat old Dutchman, And his name was Gunderbeck He used to like his sausages With sauerkraut and speck He opened up a butcher shop the finest ever seen And in it he did put, a Gunderbeck machine! OH Gunderbeck oh Gunderbeck, How could you be so mean? For ever have invented such a horrible machine. Now all the pussy cats and long tailed rats will never more be seen They're all ground up for sausage meat in Gunderbeck's machine. One day a little boy Came walking in the shop. He ordered up some sausages and half a case of pop. While he was waiting, he whistled up a tune And all the little sausages went dancing around the room. Chorus One day he had some trouble, The machine it would not go. He climbed inside to see what was wrong, He had the right to know. His wife she had a nightmare and while walking in her sleep, She gave the crank a heck-of-a yank and Gunderbeck was meat. Chorus Catherine
By Pistachionut
On 04/23/2008 19:39:17
Haha some these are just hilarious :p Some of the ones I used to do when I was younger are Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree Merry merry king of the bush is he Laugh kookaburra laugh Kookaburra gay your life must be Or this version lol! Kookaburra sits on the electric wire Jumping up and down with his pants on fire Burn kookaburra burn Kookaburra sore your butt must be. or this: My aunty Anna plays the piano 24 hours a day SPLIT! (keep repeating until you are all way down in to the slpits) Another: I went to a chinese resturant To buy a loaf of bread bread bread He wrapped it up in a 5 pound note And this is what he said said said My name is Elvis Presley Girls are sexy Sitting in the backseat Drinking pepsi Boys at the movies Pinching Boobies What colour are they? BRIGHT PINK! Apple on a stick: Apple on a stick Makes me sick Makes my heart beat two fourty six Not because your dirty Not because your clean Just because you kissed the boy behind the magazine Girls girls, they have all the fun Here comes suzie with the blue jeans on She can do a cartwheel, she can do the splits But I bet you ten bucks she cant do this Close your eyes and count to ten and if you muck it up your not my friend! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10! One more: Ronald Mcdonald A biscuit Ronald Mcdonald A biscuit Ah shimmy shimmy walla walla Biscuit I've got a boyfried a biscuit He is as sweet as a biscuit Ice cream soda with a cherry on the top Ice cream soda with a cherry on the top Down Down baby Down down the rollercoaster Sweet Sweet baby, I will never let you go Shimmy Shimmy coco pop Shimmy shimmy pow Shimmy Shimmy coco pop Shimmy shimmy POW! Ok I think thats enough :p
By CodeRedDance
On 04/23/2008 20:02:27
Wow, these are bringing back so many memories! I can remember a whole bunch of different variations on many of these...Another one we used to do was Anna Banana...We all stood in a circle doing this clappy thing and whenever we said "Split" we all jumped a little lower into our split until someone fell: Anna Banana plays the pian-a All she can play is the Star Spangled Bann-a Anna Banana SPLIT! She's an idiot!

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/08/2022 07:07:29