Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Independet Winterguard?
By Colombian89
On Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 PM

So I seen alot of post about highschool colorguard/winterguard.
So I was wondering how many here have actually taken colorguard/winterguard out of highschool and joined a Drum Corp or an Independent Winterguard?

4 Replies to Independet Winterguard?

re: Independet Winterguard?
By Munki03
On Fri May 09, 2008 01:33 PM
I have marched an independent winterguard for four years. I actually never had one in high school.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 10, 2008 10:16 PM
I marched with a world class independent guard for 3 years, and I had my own independent A guard for 1 year.
By SLBdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed May 14, 2008 08:40 AM
I marched with my high school's winter guard my freshman and sophomore years, then junior year we ended up not having one and didn't have one my senior year either, so I joined an Independent Open guard for my senior year because I really wanted to march winter season. I would have continued in college (I go to a small school with no band/guard, but close to home where my independent guard was/is) but it takes so much time and effort and I can't handle that with schoolwork and school activities. :( I miss it tons!
By iheartband09
On Mon May 26, 2008 01:02 AM
I have marched with my high school for what will be all four years this fall, I marched my high schools winter guard this last winter season (it was our first year), and I marched the Oregon Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps last summer. I would be going back this summer but I can't due to knee surgery that I have to get next week :(

On a side note, if anyone is interested in joining a drum corps, I highly suggest it. It was one of the best experiences of my life. You will hate the rehearsals a lot of the time and feel like you are being worked to death, so you must be able to work hard, but you feel SO accomplished when the day is done and you make so many close friendships. The people you are with become your family. It's amazing.

ReplySendWatch