Poll: Guard / Color Guard

Do you have any guys on your guard?
By dancer_meggs
On Sat May 10, 2008 08:56 AM

Just wondering if anybody has ANY guys on their team. A boy tried out for our team this year, but he really messed up on the audition. I kind of wanted him to make it to change up the landscape of the group. Maybe our coach will still let him on or let him be an alternate. Who knows? OK so this is in no way controversial, I just wnat to know how many people have boys in color guard or winter guard.

4 Replies to Do you have any guys on your guard?

re: Do you have any guys on your guard?
By Colombian89
On Fri May 23, 2008 06:10 PM
Yes...as I am one...though I gotta audition for a new Independent Winterguard this year.
By iheartband09
On Wed Jun 04, 2008 06:42 PM
Yeah, every year except for my fronsh year, any guard that I've been a part of has had at least one guy. It's pretty common. I mean, check out drum corps, like the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts. They're ALL guys. And they're AMAZING.
By dancer_meggs
On Thu Jun 05, 2008 07:58 AM
I've seen the guys that are on guard and they are (for the most part) better than any girls on guard. Our band instructor would never let a boy on the guard team, everybody knows it, the guard and band instructor are just too prejudiced. It's terrible. But on the other hand no boys really ever tryout, at least none that were serious.
By tbjmh
On Thu Jun 05, 2008 08:36 PM
There has been a guy as long as ive been in guard. we are trying to recruit more for this year

ReplySendWatch