Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

ever wsh you had carred on....
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 11, 2008 09:28 AM

ı stopped dancıng when ı was 19 and ı really wısh ı had carrıed on..
ı'm 21 now and ıts so hard to get back ınto ıt, not that ı dont want to ıts just bılls bılls and more bılls
plus the fact that ım serıously unfıt now lol

anyone suceeded ın goıng back?

love andrea :)

16 Replies to ever wsh you had carred on....

re: ever wsh you had carred on....
By sammyjo
On Sun May 11, 2008 01:10 PM
Im still going!! never want to give up!
i say just go back to classes
you dont have to do competitive freestyle!
sammy jo xx
By nikklamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 11, 2008 01:23 PM
im glad i gave up!
that sounds weird doesnt it ? but my heart wasnt in it anymore, id go to comps and just wish i could sit and watch, and not dance.
i still love disco and love going to the comps to see all the fab friends i made out of it!
Nicola xxxx
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 12, 2008 04:25 AM
I gave up when I was 17 due to a few reasons, my partner gave up, I was mega busy with college and I had a back injury. It got to the point when I was going to classes and couldn't do as much as I wanted to do, so I gave up. At first I was happy as it was getting me down a bit, and I had felt a bit alienated by the rest of the dance school. But then I started to miss it. I took a few other classes for different types of dance but it wasn't the same. Then I didn't have the time or the money to start up again.

But this year I'd finally had enough. I wanted to dance again! So I found a class, called them up and I've been going for a few weeks now. I love it and I'm so so glad I came back. I may even think about competing again one day?? who knows!?

so if you really want to then give it a go then do it, and dont worry about being unfit, I thought I'd be awful but it comes back pretty quickly, and if you find a good school they'll help you all the way! good luck

xxMOOMxx
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 12, 2008 05:25 AM
Hiya,

I agree with sammyjo i dont think i ever want to give up!
If you want to go back i think you should go for it,

Lol im sure your not unfit, and besides if you were it probably wouldnt take you long to get back in the swing of things!

You dont have to go back to compete just go and enjoy the classes!

Jess xxx
By dancingrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 12, 2008 05:29 AM
Hey,

I retired just under three years ago because i moved away to uni, i missed in loads at first but then i really enjoy the teaching side of it too! have you ever thought about going into teaching??

I know just want to teach and hopefully run my own school one day soon!!!

Love rach
xoxox
By claire_tomlinson
On Mon May 12, 2008 07:54 AM
i gave up when i was 12 but i missed it loads! i went back after a few years but i didnt get back into it!
i then started again when i was 20 and i love it! the school is amazing. i cant imagine ever giving up now!
i think me and jessi_gurl ^ will be doing it until we have our walking sticks,lol :D
if you miss it then my advice is to just go back and do what you enjoy! im sure you will get fit again
luv claire xx
By sammyjo
On Mon May 12, 2008 02:46 PM
Join me in the walking stick gang!!
my teachers say they'll never get rid of me and there right!!
sammy jo xxx
By Supportermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue May 13, 2008 04:09 AM
Hiya

I retired from Freestyle dance when I was 15, at the time it seemed right with juggling Horse Riding and
being in Year 11 with my GCSE's coming up :? now I regret finishing dancing so young :(

I definately wouldn't ever compete again but I would love to get back involved with Freestyle again as it's been
a big part of my life for 17 years :)

Love,
Kelly xxx
By lanak55member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue May 13, 2008 05:02 AM
im 19 i dance adult champs and im giving up in june, im doing my exams and teaching with the school im in now, im really dreading giving up but i enjoy the teaching side of it too, and ill still dance in class with the kids and ill still go to all the comps to support them|!!! Lana x
By olderdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 15, 2008 01:47 PM
I have recently retired from dancing, and although I still miss it, it was the right time for me to go. My heart wasn't in it no more and with 3rd year university coming up I had other priorities.
Now I am glad I did as I have more or less moved in with my boyfriend, so I am subjected to the world of adulthood and paying bills.
I will always love dancing but at the age of 20, there isn't a lot of you the same age and don't particularly want to be around kids all the while- especially that I want to be a primary teacher.
By moo_bagmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 16, 2008 01:36 PM
Hi
I quit dance when about 2years ago now just before i reached 18 years of age
And there are times i do think 'Aw i wish i was still dancing'
I still get that feeling when i watch dancers, the butterflies in the stomach and the erge to dress up and dance!
But i think that dance has changed so much since i left
And i left on a high and i would hate to go back and it not be the same.
But i do miss it, and in a way i do regret leaving when i did, because i was unsure on the decision and if i had thought about it more and worked out with the problems i had during that time then i would probably still be dancing.
But life goes on and things change.
And now i've got new things going on, but i still love to watch the dancers!! There all so amazing!
Love Michelle XXXX
By EvieandIslasmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue May 20, 2008 02:45 PM
definately one of my biggest regrets is not taking my teachers when my sister did. I will hopefully do it one day after I get fit again, it's just going to be hard juggling 2 babies with dancing but many people do it!

X
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 21, 2008 01:30 AM
^^ yeah not long and they'll be trying to get on the floor and dance!

xxMOOMxx
By Beckie_Dancer
On Wed May 28, 2008 03:15 PM
Ive Always Danced But When I Was 9 I Got Bored And Stopped For A While, Before Stopping I Did Comps And Did Solo, Pairs, Team ETC And I Decided To Go Back When I Was About 13 And Havent Looked Back :D They Still All Remembered Me Too ... And Now Im 19 And I Have Just Passed My Associate Dance Teachers Exam With 87% So It Was The Best Thing I Ever Did =)
By xQueeniex
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 AM
I gave up when I was 17 as my social life became more important to me lol but then I realised I missed it soooo much and after bout 2 years I went back. It was asif ide never been gone and I got straight back into comps and now im competing everyweekend again. I just wish I never gave up coz I missed out on two years of dancing... I never wana give up xxxx
By nic_dancezonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:53 AM
I am glad I retired when I did as I went out on a high. I carried on dancing at uni but not freestyle. I would love to go back to competing in disco but I cannot as I have just completed my pgce to teach dance in secondary schools and hopefully I will gain my teachers licence soon as well. I am looking instead to compete in latin as its something I did before but also a new challenge. It will reuqire the same dedication and give the same buzz but different.

Nic

ReplySendWatch