Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

*~How many competitions do you do a month??~*
By sammyjo
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:16 AM

We have figured out that all us 18+ have ver busy lives!!

so I wondered how many competitions a month does everyone do??

Im a bit mad and do one most weeks- so probably on average 3 a month!

sammy jo xxx

16 Replies to *~How many competitions do you do a month??~*

re: *~How many competitions do you do a month??~*
By Kaytexmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:35 AM
hiya!!

well as a school step by step only do around 9ish a year!!

however the option is there to go it alone lol!(our teacher egts us the tickets though)

usualy i attend 2/3 a month.. however sometimes like just i had 4 or 5 in a row then nothing for 2 weeks and now i have 3 in a row lol!

we are attending dance idol this sunday on our own there are around 8 dancers i think...we go as a group in 2 or 3 cars..

its great because as we get to know more people off DDN, comps are better as its not like your on your own out of a school because people talk to you

luv kayte xxx
By sammyjo
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:40 AM
I am at dance idol too!!
see you there
sammy jo xxx
By lysandmaddiesmommember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:43 AM
Hi

I feel I am strong enough to answer this question now without crying as the girls ban is nearly up lol, I think with Flare it just depends whats going on in the month so it can vary from 2 to 1 every week.
Leanne
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:48 AM
well currently none! lol! but thats because I dont compete at the moment. when I did we pretty much did one very week. the biggest gap between two comps would usually be two weeks. so I was averaging three/four a month! But they weren't all big ones, we did a lot of smaller comps as well as all the big ones (DOTY,DK, brean, etc) I liked to loads as it kept me on my toes and it was great practice! if I come back, I'll have to limit them as I will be financing everything myself :)

xxMOOMxx
By Fiona_the_divamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 22, 2008 08:59 AM
We have the option of a comp every week practically
Dawn enjoys down south circuit as well as Scotland
So theres always pletty of options!
Although i love it how none are compulsary :)
I go to around 2-3 a month
xxxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 22, 2008 09:03 AM
So far this year I have been to 1 in January, 2 in February, 1 in March (some of my school went to another one too), 2 in April including Brean though again I think there was another one I didn't go to and 2 in May. I wont be competing again for two months now due to other commitments but my school will be going to one this weekend, 2 in June and another in July which will be a total of 3 that month. It's when you have two or three in a row I find hard work!
By Hannah_spana
On Thu May 22, 2008 11:38 AM
Hi I do about 2 a month, sometimes more depends, often go to extra ones without most of the school! At the moment not doing many though because of exams
Hannah xx
By arkdancer
On Thu May 22, 2008 03:08 PM
hi, we usually do one or two a month. difficult with my job to get every weekend off so usually have to work around that, but have found in the past that if we go to too many in a row we all get a bit stressed, so its nice to space them out a bit.

kelly
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 23, 2008 02:57 AM
Hiya,

At LDS i think it just depends on whats around lol. we normally do 1-2 a month as quite a lot of our dancers are doing A levels and GCSEs at the moment.

I would love to do more a month but i dont think i could afford it lol!

Jess xxx
By sarah_jayne
On Fri May 23, 2008 04:10 AM
Hello

I do ballroom and latin as well as ISTD and ADFP disco

So i usually do around 2-3 a month, some time more or less.

I haven't been to a comp for 2 weeks now but Ive got one for the next 3 weeks! Im even going to two next weekend lol a ballroom one on the Saturday and a disco one on the Sunday!

I really love going to comps though and i think if i had the time i would go to one every weekend xx

Sarah xxxx
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 23, 2008 04:43 AM
Heya!! I think on average I only do 1 a month - I would love to do more though!!!
when I was younger I did about 2/3 a month! I wish I danced on more circuits as well
Naomi
xx
By dani15member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 05, 2008 03:27 AM
I do about 1 a month, but thats because thats how many the dance school goes to. If there was more I would still probably only attend 1 a month though because I get stressed enough with work and college as it is. lol.
xxx
By xQueeniex
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 03:29 PM
I love to do a comp every sunday and we usually have the choice whether we want to go but theres normally a comp every week. The summer is allways a nice brake as i dont compete in about 4 weeks but i miss it sooo much. lauraxxxx
By pink_dancer14
On Fri Jul 25, 2008 02:02 PM
I go to about 1 comp a month but over the summer I have a break.
xxx
By cuddlebug89
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 04:31 PM
Our school only do about 1 or 2 a month, if we want to do more our teacher will gets us tickets, but i usually dont so I can go out the weekends i dont have a comp lol! x
By sammyjo
On Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 AM
we just keep going over the summer!
i would hate to have a break!!
sammy jo xx

ReplySendWatch