Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
If it weren't for dance.net I probably wouldn't be here today! (karma: 3)
By Dancing_Forevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3147, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Sat May 24, 2008 07:38 PM

I didn't know there was a success board...I always just go to the same boards all the time I forget to check out the new ones :P

Anyways...now that I know this board exists I just want to take a second to thank everyone for all their support these past few months. I feel like sometimes I do post stupid questions or even make unecessary posts, but seriously, you guys help me out more than you could ever know. This past week, when I saw a counselor for the first time to try and deal with a lot of stuff, and I said that I'm not close to my parents and have had some trouble communicating with my friends about really personal stuff lately etc...and she asked who I turn to for support then. Well, to be honest it is usually this site. I just feel like no matter what problem I have in life I can always come here and people will give me advice an/or assure me that I'm not alone. Sometimes just knowing I'm not alone is enough to get me through.

5 Replies to If it weren't for dance.net I probably wouldn't be here today!

re: If it weren't for dance.net I probably wouldn't be here today!
By mrslovettmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1372, member since Sun Jan 06, 2008
On Wed May 28, 2008 05:19 PM
What a great post! I totally feel the same way...I feel like there's so many places to discuss evreything on ddn. It's wonderful. And like you said, it's great just knowing that you're not the only person in the world that's going through stuff...I love this site!! :)
By ballerinagirl66 Comments: 411, member since Sat Oct 06, 2007
On Thu May 29, 2008 05:58 AM
Thanks for shring your DDN success! I agree, it's great to be able to come to a common place for anything-advice, support, or inspiration.

Keep dancing!
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Fri Jul 04, 2008 01:13 AM
YAY I just gave my first Karma to you dancing forever! Thank you so much for blessing us with your presence as well. DDN is a nice place to be. I am addicted already! *HUGS* to you and keep the faith, things will get better!

Sincerely,

Begstretcher2008 :)
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Jul 04, 2008 07:34 AM
I think the DDN is a great safety valve for folks with problems they have trouble trying to resolve on a face to face basis.
We do sort of know the people here. There is still a degree of anonymity since in most cases we don't know the folks in a truly personal sense. People know who to trust and there are folks known for providing sympathetic hearings. The fact that we have moderation also prevents someone from saying some thing totally inappropriate and the insistance on clear writing means that people do have to give some careful consideration to their replies.

Jon
By tresbienmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1104, member since Sun Feb 17, 2008
On Tue Sep 02, 2008 05:03 PM
this is very inspiring!! :)

ReplySendWatch