Popular Irish

Shoes stolen! Lock your car by kate_monster
So I made the mistake of leaving my shoe bag in my car (have class 2 days in a row and use sneakers...

Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Girls & Guys PG-13
What does it mean for a guy to "last longer" during sex? en>fr fr>en
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 26326, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Tue May 27, 2008 09:46 PM
Moved to Girls & Guys PG-13 by Theresa (28613) on 2008-05-28 21:04:10 moved to correct forum

I'm posting this here because I always feel embarrassed asking what seem like simple sex questions that everyone knows. But whenever someone says "last longer" I am never sure what exactly they mean. Does it mean how long the erection lasts, or...how long sex goes on for before he has an orgasm? I don't know, I'm just confused!

13 Replies to What does it mean for a guy to "last longer" during sex?

re: What does it mean for a guy to "last longer" during sex? en>fr fr>en
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8863, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Tue May 27, 2008 10:00 PM
Second one. Many guys have problems where they orgasm quickly, which obviously isn't good. So lasting longer=going longer without orgasming.
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 26326, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Wed May 28, 2008 05:34 AM
I'm confused. Aren't both the same thing? if he doesn't orgasm he'll be able to keep and erection longer, right?
and how long is long anyway? a couple of hours? minutes?
Not the OP by the way.
By elliebelliemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1990, member since Mon Nov 22, 2004
On Wed May 28, 2008 06:04 AM
No, they are not the same thing. Having an erection and actually orgasming are two different things entirely.

Being erect means the guy is aroused, and orgasming well... yeah. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to explain that on ddn.

It depends on the boy if he can stay erect without reaching the big 'O'. Long is... well... However long. There's no real specified time for erection time, lol. It can vary.

As for lasting longer, Kekoa got that one spot on.

elliebellie
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Wed May 28, 2008 06:17 AM
There was a weird rumour about my friend once, when she first had sex with her boyfriend. Apparently he used a condom to make himself "last longer", and a lot of people found it hilarious, for apparently she wanted to stop, but because of this condom, he wanted to keep going.

Does "lasting longer" increase your sexual drive or something?

Sorry, thought I'd add another question in there :)
By Dancensations02 Comments: 120, member since Thu May 01, 2008
On Wed May 28, 2008 07:38 AM
Just because you can last longer does not mean you are increasing your sex drive.... there are lots of reasons why people want to last longer...

#1 being if the guys "finishes too fast" which as someone mentioned above is a common problem

#2 girls often take longer to orgasm, so perhaps the guy wants to ensure that she is being satisfied too..

sometimes people wear condoms to make it the guy last because *sometimes* with a condom, there isnt as much sensation during sex... so it takes longer for the guy to finish.

I know that there are also lots of diff. lotions and topical things that a guy can use to prolong sex. Usually these take away some of the feeling so that the guy can keep going and going ( there are also the same types of products for women... but usually they work a little diff. and instead of stopping all sensation... it adds more so that they get more pleasure out of sex. ... because like your friend, a lot of women dont find it neccesary to go forever.... they would rather have longer foreplay etc.

Hope this helps! :)
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
Original Poster Comments: 26326, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Wed May 28, 2008 08:02 AM
a lot of women dont find it neccesary to go forever

So yeah if women don't want to go on forever, why do they want the guy to last so long? I guess maybe you mean lasting 10-20 minutes as opposed to orgasming after 1-2, but still...from my sexual experience I got REALLY tired after even like 5 minutes of going at it. I also didn't orgasm though so...hmmm :?
By Dancensations02 Comments: 120, member since Thu May 01, 2008
On Wed May 28, 2008 01:25 PM
"Why do girls want the guys to last longer " Thats a great quesion!! :) i personally get VERY bored if im "not into it" and he is lasting more then like a half hour... id perfer other stuff//.. but i think it makes the guys self esteem last longer :) also... "Sex" does not ness. mean ONLY intercourse if its broken up by other things....foreplay etc... then its fine if it lasts a long time... but some guys are boring ;)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14987, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Wed May 28, 2008 03:27 PM
"Lasting longer" means both. Most guys lose their erections right after they orgasm, but some don't - so for them, how long they "last" depends on when they lose their erection.

A lot of guys, when they first start having sex don't last as long. They kind of have to build up a tolerance for the sensation, I guess is the best way to put it. A condom will make a guy last longer but of course, it doesn't feel as good - I don't think there's any "sometimes" about that, lol. Personally I'm a girl and I hate the feeling of condoms too.

Girls want guys to last longer so they get a chance to orgasm. Lasting longer doesn't increase your sex drive, but if the guy hasn't orgasmed, he's obviously not going to want to stop.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8863, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 PM
Hmm, how long is normal for everyone? Actual intercourse I mean. I figure this isn't a hijack, but I'm curious :)

For me and the boy, on the occasional bad day/quickie it's five-ten minutes of actual intercourse. Average is around fifteen to twenty minutes. If he's drunk or has been masturbating a lot (I can always tell! haha), it can literally go on forever. I remember once he was just smashed, and it was 48 minutes of actual intercourse, 10 of me then doing oral to try to get him to go, and then just giving up. I almost died, it was such a work out!
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3404, member since Sun Sep 28, 2003
On Wed May 28, 2008 11:22 PM
*hijack*

Interesting fact I read.

For every half hour of intercourse you burn 85 calories.

Fascinating huh? I guess it is a real work out! Plus muscles that don't usually get used too often during the day and they're smaller which requires more energy and easier to tire them out.

*end hijack*
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Thu May 29, 2008 01:10 AM
HIJACK
Heart;

A condom will make a guy last longer but of course, it doesn't feel as good..

I'm on the pill and insist on my bf using condoms. [He does too] However, we have sex without first. But when he's getting too in it, he'll put a condom on for when he cums. He lasts longer WITHOUT a condom. So, I think that might be down to individual differences :) And twice we've gone all the way without a condom and tbh, I don't think there's much difference between using a condom and not. For me, it feels the same and just as good. Of course, I suppose it's nicer for the guy.

Kekoa;

10 of me then doing oral to try to get him to go, and then just giving up

Try Oral for 45 MINUTES haha. I got there in the end. I said to him, 'Am I doing something wrong? You're taking a lonnnng time' and he was like, "No baby.. I'm just really enjoying it and not giving in.." haha. My ex used to take 10minutes... so yeah, I was worried!
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5167, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Thu May 29, 2008 07:48 AM
Hmm, how long is normal for everyone? Actual intercourse I mean.

I heard on the radio the other day...

2-5 minutes is too short.
5-15 minutes is perfect.
20-45 minutes is good, but could be too long.
45 + minutes is TOO MUCH.

I personally like quickies, because if I'm doing the right stuff I orgasm very quickly. If we're having a sort of 'connected' night... then around 15-20 minutes is good for me. But I really don't want to go any longer than half an hour or so. I get bored after I orgasm, which is usually five minutes or so into it-- depending on my day. So, unless I feel like I can orgasm again... I'm done.
By dangslowmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3641, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Thu May 29, 2008 08:52 AM
I have no idea what it means to last longer, so I asked my wife and she cried and ran into the bathroom.

ReplySendWatch