Forum: Folk / Asian Classical Dance

Asian Classical Dance
Who knows and love Bollywood?
By IrishBollyDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 79, member since Thu May 15, 2008
On Thu May 29, 2008 01:57 PM

Well, this isn't classical Indian dance, but it is one of my favorite things in the world, and I was wondering how many people are into Bollywood? I am completely obsessed and by watching so many movies I have taught myself how to dance Bollywood-ish! Lol, so I was just wondering if anyone else has love for the wonderful and colorful world of Bollywood!

7 Replies to Who knows and love Bollywood?

re: Who knows and love Bollywood?
By papasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 37, member since Mon Feb 11, 2008
On Mon Jun 16, 2008 02:51 PM
Well,I love bollywood.However,I don't know how many people are into it.

I think that bollywood's choreographies are a different kind of jazz,if I am not mistaken.
By differentbeat Comments: 21, member since Sat May 03, 2008
On Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:53 PM
I've only seen a Bollywood and Indian musical movies, but they were pretty fun to watch and sometimes super melodramatic! I'm not sure the dancing is derived from jazz, though. I'm pretty sure it's based more on classical Indian dance styles with a modern or hip-hop twist.
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:59 AM
We're doing a Bollywood inspired dance piece for a Kathak-Flamenco joint show thing soon.

It's hysterically funny ;) Maybe it's the Kathak influence but there are so many freakin' turns in it, and if you miss one you're out for the rest of the routine... lol!
By katsepmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 196, member since Fri Jan 16, 2004
On Tue Jun 24, 2008 02:28 AM
Usually I watch only the dance parts of the Bollywood movies. lol. :)
I have TRIED to dance Bollyood, but actually it's quite hard to get into this style..
my attempt: youtube.com . . .
By Subbudancer Comments: 1, member since Tue Jul 01, 2008
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 02:07 PM
Talk to me people... I am a Bollywood Dancer,I've been doing Dance/Choreography for around 15 years now.Life is so exciting and happening with it. I am not sure how the term "Bollywood" became so famous, but the dance as such is not specific to Bollywood Movies. Its a generic Indian Filmi Dancing which includes movies of different languages & states within India.

I am still Dancing & Choreographing that too very actively. I live in Maryland at present and I m also part of a Dance group in NJ.If there are good dancers interested in Bollywood Dance...shoot me an email.

Not sure if this link works, this is one of my recent audition videos...not the best but gives you an idea.

video.google.com . . .

See you later...

Subbu
By discojodiPremium member Comments: 2702, member since Sun Sep 24, 2006
On Sat Jul 05, 2008 04:41 AM
my friend, ashleigh, is into bollywood music x
By Ashleigh95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2293, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Sat Jul 05, 2008 04:43 AM
As Jodi said, i love bollywood music soo much!! Its so lively and fun, ive watched alot of bollywood movies and also tried to learn the moves!

Love Ashleigh x

ReplySendWatch