Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
im addicted to the smell of farts
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 02:29 PM

this sounds like a silly problem and some of you may laugh, but i love the smell of farts. if someone farts i have to go over and smell it, and i especially love smelling farts in the bath. i know this sounds disgusting or crude or whatever, but i think i need help. i'm the only person i know who enjoys this, i confided in my friend and she looked at me like i was psycho. is this something wrong with me please help.

30 Replies to im addicted to the smell of farts

re: im addicted to the smell of farts
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 02:43 PM
I think its disgusting, but I don't really think you need psychological help or treatment or anything.
On Thu May 29, 2008 02:48 PM
Is this some kid of joke?

Farts are DISGUSTING. Are you addicted to all bad smells? All bodily smells?

I fail to understand how anyone can enjoy the smell of a fart.

I'm actually in shock, I've never heard anything so bizarre.
re: im addicted to the smell of farts (karma: 3)
On Thu May 29, 2008 02:51 PM
Dude, it's weird that you smell farts for pleasure.

Although i love the feeling of pulling a (head) hair out of my ass.
By Incarnadinemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 29, 2008 03:15 PM
Edited by Incarnadine (15186) on 2008-05-29 15:15:43
Dude, it's weird that you smell farts for pleasure.

Seriously, this has to be the funniest comment I have ever read in the history of DDN. I'm not even kidding. I just choked on my coffee and started crying a little.

Whoever you are- you just made my day and then some.
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 29, 2008 03:58 PM

How does one find themselves in the position where they are able to pull a (head) hair out of their ass?

No judgement here, just curiosity....

Is there any similarity to when I used to spend Christmas time in my childhood chasing my cats around the pull tinsel from the tree out of their bums?

Maybe its best I dont ponder over this one too long.

Sorry to hijack this post.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 04:06 PM
This addiction's very weird, I'll admit, and you do need to get over it, because having that kind of addiction all through life is not going to be particularly good when you're around other people. Plus, any addiction is just a pain in the ass.

Just try and avoid, erm, satisfying that addiction - if you fart, leave the room. Don't smell it! If someone else farts, get as far away from them as possible (but don't make it really obvious). Avoid it, and eventually the whole addiction will die down.

It is kind of weird you liking other people's farts, though. I mean, I heard that some people like the smells of their own bodily functions, but other people's? Bizarre.

Anyway, good luck with overcoming this!
On Thu May 29, 2008 04:35 PM
its kinda funny but its not wrong. a psycho is someone who has no remorse. liking farts is kinda different. think oif it this way a million years ago all those things we find disgusting now - body hair, bodily fluids like blood mucus ect were normal.
so whatever. it IS kinda funny but if you can't accept your own quirks don't expect other people to.

LMOA at the head hair thing.
By balletslipper
On Thu May 29, 2008 04:42 PM
I can't believe I'd live to explain this.
the head hair thing usually happens when you have long hair after a bath they usually slip down to your butt crack. I have long hair and well, it's a necessity. I find it slighly uncomfortable so I guess good for the anon poster for actually being able to enjoy it. I don't know if its the funniest thing on DDN every but it certainly is pretty funny.
On Thu May 29, 2008 05:23 PM
You are actually not alone. I know it's weird, but I like the smell too. Now, some are just repulsive and I hate them, but certain peoples' (like my own) actually kind-of smell good. My familys' are disgusting but mine and some other peoples' are ok. And for the record I HATE B.O. and other smells, like I don't like the smell of poo or pee at all.

Now, I'm obviously not as extreme as you, but when I'm in bed and I have to fart I like the smell of it, it really doesn't bother me.

I also love and hate the smell of sulfur. Sometimes I like it sometimes it bugs me.

I do think you need to help yourself though (not as in help yourself to smelling more!), but this is definitely not something you need professional help for. Have self-control, and be a little more mature about it. You honestly sound childish about how "I just have to" and stuff.
By KayEllePremium member
On Thu May 29, 2008 05:58 PM
Hahaha I think that's hilarious.

Unless it's messing with your life in some way (like you can't be around other people or something), it's not a big deal. Sure it's a little different but hey, there are worse addictions, right?
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 06:17 PM
ROTFL to the butt hair thing...I'm with you, Incarnadine: funniest DDN post ever!

I don't particularly like pulling head hairs out of my butt, but it does tickle! :P

And to the OP...I don't think you need help. Maybe you actually have some smelling disorder and you're not really smelling farts? Lol, I don't know.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 29, 2008 08:24 PM
Let's just flag this post right now and remember it for 2008 "Best Posts Ever" Awards.

OP - I'm not making fun of you. It's just that when you think you've heard it all.... you realize you haven't! :)

I think you are fine. But cool it on the running over to people - because in a way you are outing them that they farted and that's kinda rude.

Anyway, I'd rather know you than those people who are so persnickety and too easily repulsed by smells and bodily functions - they just need to relax! Besides, If you are a straight female this will help you A LOT when you have a relationship with a man - they are just SO not shy about farting and it won't bother you! ;)
By Dancing_Forevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 09:16 PM
I mean, I heard that some people like the smells of their own bodily functions, but other people's? Bizarre.

I agree with the thing about people liking their own...if I am alone and I fart I don't think it smells bad...and, in public if I have to I try to hold it back so I never usually do. If I do I get embarrassed so yes.

Anyways, I gave major props to the secrets board for posts that you would NEVER see anywhere else. :P
re: im addicted to the smell of farts (karma: 5)
By pinkperditionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 29, 2008 09:23 PM
if you smell one of my boyfriends, I'm sure you will be cured of this.
On Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 AM
It's a fetish, plain and simple. I've heard of it before. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. You aren't hurting anyone else, or yourself, you aren't breaking the law, you aren't even really doing anything that can be classified as immoral (unless farting is against your moral code?)

As the the head - butt - hair: That has got to be the WORST feeling I've ever experienced! Good to know I'm not the only one it happens to, though...I was getting worried!
By BooPopsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 30, 2008 11:14 AM
Hahahahaha!

Hahahahaha!

The butt-hair-thing!

Hahahahaha!

That actually made me laugh SO MUCH.
By Flitzcgcg06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 30, 2008 11:38 AM
I actually laughed out loud about the title of this post so I had to click on it because I thought it was a joke but it's not soo yeah...

Anyways, just plug your nose if someone farts it will help you not to smell it and it will be socially acceptable since most people do that anyway.
On Fri May 30, 2008 12:24 PM
^Plugging your nose? That would look so immature and silly not to mention it would embarrass whoever "dealt it".
By Pongomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 30, 2008 08:23 PM
meh not that weird my boyfriend is the same way
re: im addicted to the smell of farts (karma: 1)
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 30, 2008 08:36 PM
This thread is hysterical. To the original poster, I think liking the smell of farts is weird, but then again we all have weirdo things about us. (It's just a matter of admitting them).

I didn't get the butt hair thing right away until I read several of the comments from the people that DID get it. The replies to that comment had me roaring.

If I feel the need to pass gas and there are others around, I hold it. BUT what's the deal with the minute that I get comfy in bed and relax and I feel like I have to...you know! :P I tell Mr. Smiley DON'T move the covers unless you want one (or both) of us to DIE! ha, ha, ha, ha, HA!
Thank you for providing me with some smiles and laughs on my lonely Friday night! :D
On Fri May 30, 2008 08:53 PM
If pinkperdition's bf doesn't cure you the I suggest you experiment with garlic farts. They are the WORST.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 31, 2008 05:51 AM
anonymous wrote:

If pinkperdition's bf doesn't cure you the I suggest you experiment with garlic farts. They are the WORST.

I'm sorry... what?
By BooPopsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 31, 2008 07:37 AM
Is a garlic fart when you eat garlic then fart?
By balletslipper
On Sat May 31, 2008 01:04 PM
Garlic farts, really?
I know farts after you eat bean based foods are positively arsenic but I didn't know about garlic. Interesting.
There goes my credibility as mature and demure on DDN...
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch