Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

those of you who have had a 18/21st birthday party what food did you have
By rach_babesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 30, 2008 04:28 AM

hello,
i need a list of party food for my 21st birthday party but dont know what to have.
if possible things you dont need cutlery for.

love rach

19 Replies to those of you who have had a 18/21st birthday party what food did you have

re: those of you who have had a 18/21st birthday party what food did you have
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 30, 2008 04:37 AM
cocktail sausages?
sandwhiches
bowls of crisps
bowls of nuts pretzels etc
just normal party food if thats what you are looking for?
pickle and cheese sticks? or what is it you put on them haha
vegetable sticks and dips lmao...im just thinking of finger food
spring rolls, sausage rolls any type of roll pmsl
sometimes its not that bad having cutlery and stuff, sometimes if you put a lasange in the over its grand, and it the cutlery and what not is an issue why not use paper plates and plastic cutlery lmao chuck it in the bin after

I'm sure youll get sorted x
By luluNmeg
On Fri May 30, 2008 04:45 AM
Get down to Iceland they have great party packs,that you can stick in the oven then leave to cool and eat, stuff like chicken nuggets,mini pizzas ect they also have frozen mini cake packs,just defrost and eat. Also a great Idea so you can stock up gradually and spread the cost,just stick it in your freezer and it wont go off!
Enjoy your party!
Louisexx
By dancin_annamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 30, 2008 05:26 AM
Heya

None of my friends have had food with their 18th but one did and most of it was left.

They had curley fried little cooked pizzas and sausages. Nachos with dips.

I think people are preoccupied with dancing to care about food.

Just speaking from personal experience.

XxxxxX
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 30, 2008 09:38 AM
Finger food like sausage rolls, mini scotch eggs, vol au vents, samosas, spring rolls, cheese and pineapple on sticks, bowls of crisps/pretzels/doritos, crackers and cheese, bread and pate, mini sandwiches with various fillings, eg. tuna & cucumber, cheese & pickle, egg & cress. For sweet things you could have Cadburys chocolate fingers, swiss rolls etc.
Mmm this all makes me want to have a party now!
By EvieandIslasmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 01, 2008 02:18 PM
we didnt go for a buffet because half the food always gets left. Instead we ordered about 10 pizzas from the pizza shop and got delivered during the party. They were hot and yummy and everyone said how amazing they were and what a brill idea it was :D x
By Hannah_spana
On Sun Jun 01, 2008 03:36 PM
Hi this year loads of my mates have turned 18! most of them had food at their partys but just nibbly bits like crisps, mini pizza, little sausages, all the stuff others have mentioned really and some have had chocolate fountains with marshmellows and fruit and sweets to dip in, now everyone loves a bit of chocolate fountain :P
Hannah x
By dancingrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 02, 2008 05:17 AM
Hi,
I had a bbq for my 21st, at the beginning of March!!
I think that as said above the easiest thing to do is go to iceland/asda and get the party packs as you can throw them in the oven and they will be ok if yuo leave them to cool too.
Hope you have a good birthday.
love rach
xox
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 02, 2008 05:28 AM
When I turned 21, we had vegie spring rolls, sausage rolls that my Auntie made, some crisps, crackers and dips, and some sweet things like lollies, and chocolate slice and so on.

Mine was a small party though, my friend had a much bigger party and she had party pies, nachos, sausage rolls, heaps of crisps, salads, and so on.

So it really depends on how many people you're having. If you're having lots you might want to get someone to walk around with trays of food and serviettes, but if your party will be small, you can just leave everything on tables and let people help themselves to snack food and serviettes.

Happy 21st!

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By sammyjo
On Mon Jun 02, 2008 01:07 PM
I didnt have food at my 18th!! cost too much so we did bowls of crisps etc on the tables instead! worked a treat!
the other idea is have a choc fountain instead!!lol
have a fab time
sammy jo xxx
By Bdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 03, 2008 03:59 PM
Hey
For my 21st i just had finger food like cocktail sausages,wedges,spring rolls and we hahd sandwiches too..One thing i would say is not to order food for everyone at the party because it will cost you a fortune and never gets eaten!!
I had bowls of sweets which went down a storm too lo

Love
Ciara xx
By AIMEE1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 04, 2008 04:08 AM
Definately the usual sandwiches, crisps, dips and nibbles etc. I would also get a chocolate fountain with a selection of fruits, mini doughnuts, biscuits, that sort of thing. You could even have two. A white chocolate and milk chocolate one. That would be cool.
Then you could get one of those drinks fountains and fill it with a cocktail of some description.

Aimee x
By PURE_Angii08member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 PM
Chocolate fountain and strawberries, popcorn machine, candy floss its great like been at the fair and so funny watching people eat candyfloss when they are drunk x

Angiexx
By lynsatfab_stars
On Fri Jun 13, 2008 02:58 PM
For my 18th my dad done all my food and it was great!! We had salad stuff like cold meats, sandwiches, pakora oh and so much more!!
When i had my 21st it was in a hotel and they had to provide the food due to health and saftey stuff and it was warm sausage rolls and stuff not as good as my dads!!

xxxxxxx
By Keeley_1987
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 08:33 AM
hey,

its my 21st in two weeks wohooooo!! lol.

ive just decided to have a big bbq and will probably just get some nibbles like nuts and crisps to go with it.

Lets just hope the weather pics up!! (fingers crossed) lol

love keeley
xxx
By amy_lou1
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 05:46 AM
We hired caterers for my 18th. Cost a bomb and didn't come how I'd wanted. Still all was eaten.

My mum n dad had a party in April and I did the buffet. Just things like sarnies, pizza, quiche, garlic bread (always a winner), sausage rolls, indian/chinese nibbles, onion rings, pasta in sauce, chicken drumsticks cooked in spices, sausages/pickled onions/cheese on sticks, bread sticks, chopped cucumber/carrots (into sticks), dips, cheesecakes and biscuits etc etc. The list was endless, me and my friend had a scream preparing and transporting things to the venue!!! I even made the cakes (took me two week but they looked amazing!!!)! Everything was perfect and everybody commented on how good it was. When the party finished, we took home the straggling guests and the left overs (not much) and nothing was wasted at all!! So if you do make too much, it will feed the house for a day or too!!

If you have some older people coming, food is always a good idea. If they are mainly younger ones, I wouldn't do too much!!
By xGaZxnxKirkYx
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 06:25 AM
i think you could have things like pizza slices, sausage rolls and other nibbles etc (which can be put on plastic or paper plates so you can throw them away!! :) ) and then have a chocolate fountain with strawberries and marshmallows for sweet
will go down very nicely!
im making myself hungry now :(

**Happy 21st**

kirsty xx
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 25, 2008 02:30 PM
My mum does buffets for loads of people and has been recommended just on word of mouth.

Obviously the amount you make is totally dependent on how many guest, its always better to have to much than run out.

Sandwhiches aren't advisable they can go soggy if the sit to long.

Put out trays of cold meat ie ham, chicken etc and maybe grated cheese and bowls of salad and some crusty bread, you can buy boxes of individual butter portions.

She does the usual sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, chicken drumsticks and maybe nuggets or crispy chicken strips.

Pasta.. tuna mayo or maybe with a tomatoe sauce.

Pakora (chicken & veg), onion bhajis etc.

Vol au Vonts (sp)

Quiche, mini pizzas or if having your party in a place with a kitchen heat a few large pizzas up just before you open the buffet.

Also putting crisps & nuts on the tables helps until the buffet is ready.

Iceland is great for bugget supplies though my mum has cards for cash & carries because she does so many buffets.

If this is too long, sorry, my mum & I just do these all the time lol.

If you need any advise PM and have a great party.

Helen xxx
By butterflydancer
On Fri Jul 25, 2008 03:53 PM
hi,
im having a party for my 21st in nov but im not having food i have asked ppl all differnt ages what they think i will just have nuts and crisps on the tables another reason is where im having it the food starts from £7 a head and i would rather have thatmoney spent on me never mind feeding other people lol
beckyx
By madisonsmum
On Sat Jul 26, 2008 08:56 AM
Hi Happy 21st when you have it lol.
I am having a 30th and had an 18th and a 21st lmao party animal.

this year I am going for a theme unsure what but maybe mexican in one corner and traditional in another - we were considering tequila slammers - pinatas for kids and every man must have a tash everyone a sombrero :D

I love mexican so going to do nachos - tortillas and i am a sucker for a good hot bowl of food such as a chilli or a curry.
plenty of finger food the usual saus rolls for those who prefer the typical party stuff crusty bread and I think fresh seafood goes down a treat some prawns with a nice bowl of dressing or even a dressed salmon mmmm now i'm hungry.
Dnt bother with desserts i find there messy sickly and people avoid them so maybe a plater of fresh fruit with a chocolate fountain or just 1 gataux or cheesecake and my fave a cheese board i find people opt for this more than cakes.
although you are only young i always cater for everyone and my food flew off the plates so a good variety nobody likes a stingy buffet and you wil find people comment on that more than your dress or the hall :D

Kerry xxx

ReplySendWatch