Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Shoes for Color Guard
By Tori_x
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 06:05 PM

I am a 7th grader going into 8th grader, and I am in band. Our band director recently asked me if I would like to do color guard for the high school marching band. I of course said yes. My question is, what kind of shoes am I going to need? Our first rehearsal is soon and he has still not told me. Thanks!

6 Replies to Shoes for Color Guard

re: Shoes for Color Guard
By dancrgrl783
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 07:43 PM
well if its just for practice, then just some regular gym shoes should be just fine. and if your wrong, they'll be lenient and they wont be mad. have fun on guard though! =]
By danzinchyk416
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 08:02 PM
yeah, you generally just need gym shoes for practice. but as it gets later in the season and you start performing, you will probably be required to purchase dance shoes.
By Tori_x
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 09:23 PM
Okay, because our first performance is on July 3rd, and then one on the 4th, but it is a parade.
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 11, 2008 05:04 PM
You need to talk to your coach and or band director about this. Different guards/bands use different shoes.
My guard wear the same marching shoes as the band, but I've seen others wear dance sneakers or even bare feet or jazz shoes for performances then marching shoes or sneakers for parades....it really varies.
So I would suggest asking them to see what kind of shoes and where to order them from.
By iheartband09
On Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 PM
for parades its generally just tennis shoes... for performances you should get some sort of split soled shoe, makes it easier to dance, point your feet, etc. i personally like capezios, and canvas sanshas
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 14, 2008 03:12 PM
We can't answer this question for you. It's different for every guard.

ReplySendWatch