Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Now your 18, do you drink at festivals?
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 08, 2008 02:03 PM

Hiya,

Just wondering if now that your 18 you drink alcohol at festivals? As ive seen dancers drinking at festivals before and just wondered what your views are?

I dont personally as im normally dancing or helping the younger ones so i dont find the time lol.

If you dont is there a reason you dont?

Jess

21 Replies to Now your 18, do you drink at festivals?

re: Now your 18, do you drink at festivals?
By sammyjo
On Sun Jun 08, 2008 02:42 PM
i have exactly the same view as you!
where do people get the time on a festival! and also its about dancing!
sammy jo xxx
By J_Raybouldmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 08, 2008 03:43 PM
i do, and to be honest i don't think its bad at all

i dont drink during a comp when the dancing is on but i
do after the dancing has finished and its the party bit,

i personally don't see anything wrong with it :)

just my opinion

xxxx
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 01:54 AM
Heya!
I think it completely depends on time and how I feel at the time lol!
I wont drink lots on the nights before I dance but maybe on the last night as I dont have to get up to dance!

Naomi
x
By dancingrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 02:48 AM
Hey,

When i used to compete I would only drink in the evenings if I didnt have to get up to dance (party nights etc).

However now that I no longer compete I will drink during the evenings but not get absolutely paraletic just a lal bit tipsy.

I do get a bit concerned about the amount of underage drinking that goes on at festivals but I used to do it (from about the age of 17) so I can't really say anything.

What are everyones views on this? controlled environment, with parents etc?

Look forward to hearing your opinions.

Love Rach
xoxox
By AIMEE1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 05:27 AM
When I used to compete, I would drink at festivals but only on the last night after all the dancing has finished. This is only my personal preference though as I am a total lightweight and get the worst hangovers from hell. I just hated feeling ill the next day if I had to dance!
I don't have any problem with anyone else doing it, that's just my preference.

Aimee x
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 06:25 AM
Yea I drink on the last night after I have done all my dancing.
Didnt drink much at Brean this year, I'll drink If I feel like it and If I dont I wont lol x
By Helenb000
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 AM
i only drink on the last nite of the weekend, wouldnt drink if i had to dance... not very nice dancing with a hang over lol xoxo
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 10, 2008 06:13 AM
I'd never drink if I was dancing or had to dance early the next day, but if it was the last night, or I dodn't have to dance till the afternoon then I'd have a few. I'd never get really drunk though, out of respect for my dance school. I dont think its a great influence for the younger dancers if the older ones are all over the place. but I'd never not drink! I'm an adult and its legal for me to drink so I dont really see why I shouldn't, especially if alcohol is available.

Mind you, I can drink a fair amount of alcohol with little effect or hangover, so I'm probably different to some people. I think if I wanted a lot to drink I'd do it in my chalet or somewhere away from younger dancers.

xxMOOMxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 10, 2008 06:21 AM
I've only just realised you mean dance festivals - I thought you were referring to music festivals and I thought it was a bit of an odd question haha

I never really drank alcohol when I competed at festivals because I had to get up early and dance the next day and because it was usually so late when the competition finished that I didn't feel like drinking alcohol so didn't bother.I don't think there's anything wrong with it though, as long as dancers are responsible about it.
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:14 PM
hiya

i only drink on the last night of a festival.
trust me,dancing with a hangover is not much fun!!!

xxx
By Beckie_Dancer
On Tue Jun 10, 2008 04:44 PM
I dont think its bad to drink at a festival! Yes it is about dancing but on the evening its up to you! If your old enough go for it! I sure do, as long as you dont get yourself into a state that you feel too ill to dance the next day LOL!
Beckie x
By DanielWardle_MPT
On Tue Jul 15, 2008 01:26 PM
This is going to sound like I need to go to an AA meeting but i find drinking after a dance competition destresses me! When me and the lads don't have to dance all day at the festivals, such as the Europeans, then we drink most of the day whilst supporting all the little ones- Its GREAT :)

But from my point of view I think it's ok to drink at comps :D

Dan xx
By amy_lou1
On Thu Jul 17, 2008 06:22 AM
I don't suppose it makes a difference either way. You just have to remember that you're a role model for the little ones. Have a few sociable ones but don't get completely hammered and embarrass yourself!!

I always have a drink at festivals, maybe only a couple if I'm dancing the next day or looking after the younger dancers. I just take it steady and control myself. x
By StacieSinclair
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 05:53 AM
hi

I do have a drink at fetivals only after i hav finished dancin for the day
even then its only one or two i don't see a problem with it only if you watch how much your drinking as your a role model to the youner dancers

Stacie
xxxx
By DanielWardle_MPT
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 04:06 PM
Actually- if you are away from the little kiddies who look upto you then I get absolutley bladdered lol xx
By xQueeniex
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:53 AM
I choose not to drink at festivals because I get drunk so easily and I no I wouldnt be in a fit state to dance the next day, its the safest bet lolxxxx
By funkimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 01:22 AM
Personally I dont drink at such events, it wouldnt feel right representing my school drunk!! You dont need alchohol to have fun, I dont see the point of it at all!!??

I guess it's ok for the adults, and us lot but what I cant stand, and i have seen this loads of times, is when parents allow thier children who are under the age of 18 to drink! I got told "oh dont be silly its only an alcho pop" but at the end of the day its still drink!!!

Sorry for the essay,
Does any one agree disagree?

Keighley xxx
By onelove2
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 02:24 AM
Well you wouldnt be
doing anything thats against
the law drinking at 18
i have seen lots of under age
drinkers at festivals
personal choice i suppose
Miriam x
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 05:52 AM
although we were allowed the odd drink at home under the age of 18 - just a glass of wine at christmas dinner, or some low-alcohol sparkly wine stuff at a party (only one glass though!) she would never let us drink at a festival under-age. once we were old enough it was our choice, although if she was there we probably wouldn't drink anyway. I feel weird dancing in front of my mom.

but underage drinking at a festival is still under age drinking. What you do in your own home is fine, that doesnt mean you should do it at an event like this

xxMOOMxx
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 06:03 AM
Hiya,

Thanx for all your replies!

I agree with your comments. Personally though for me i dont like the taste of most alcohol and so therefore dont really drink.

Funki - i agree with you. This happened at a festival i was at a few years back. You would not believe the amount of underage drinkers there were. MOst the time thier parents were stood with them watching them! I was shocked! and the worst thing about it was thier parents had bought it for them, left them to wander off and then didnt realise they were sharing thier drink round with dancers no older than 12! If i remember correctly there were a few incidents as well!

Other than that i think once your 18 you should be fine to drink at festivals without the evil glares from parents who think just because you dance you shouldnt drink! as long as everything is done responsibly then i dont see why not. As we are there to enjoy ourselves as well!

Jess xxx
By cuddlebug89
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 04:37 PM
This year I went to my first festival and was looking forward to the party on the saturday night so I could have a few drinks, but I didnt realise how busy the weekend is lol and after dancing all day I just couldnt be bothered drinking I was too tired haha! If other people enjoy drinking at festivals thats their choice I just couldnt handle dancing the next morning with a hangover lol xx

ReplySendWatch