Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

this frosh on dance team
By AKdancinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 15, 2008 08:22 PM

So I need help on how to handle this situation..
I dance competitively at this studio and I am a junior. I'm in the advanced group and this girl who is a freshman in highschool is in the group below me at my studio. She just made dance team and I didn't even really know her or have an opinion about her until she said all this crap about me. She said that I'll never be as good as my sister and talks smack on the dance team. Our captain on dance last year (my friend who is also in my studio group) confronted her and she denied saying all that stuff even though she admitted it to other girls in her group. I am definitely not one for drama I'm so over all that crap but I have to spend the next two years with her on dance team and I don't know if I should ignore her or just pretend like it never happened. She knows that I know and she's even more snobby to me now. She just has a really big ego and I'm hoping she will grow out of it. Suggestions?

2 Replies to this frosh on dance team

re: this frosh on dance team
By divamom1
On Tue Jun 17, 2008 07:28 AM
You have answered your own question.You should ignore it, pretend it never happened and yes, she will grow up sooner or later.
re: this frosh on dance team
By SesameSt79
On Tue Jun 17, 2008 07:59 AM
Also remember that HS is a place for drama. What she may have said innocently was turned into smack talk. Unless you hear it yourself, assume it's only 10% true and just let it die.

I might also suggest trying to befriend this girl. She could be really intimidated by you and showing her that you're just another dancer just like her might help both of you.

ReplySendWatch