Forum: Canada / Toronto

NBS Open Classes - What level of dance should you be?
By Dancess
On Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:40 PM

I dance recreationally but am wondering if the open classes have any requirements or age limits. do you still have to audition for open classes. Sorry, i'm new to the whole ballet school concept and am just interested in it. There's not much information regarding it which i can find.

3 Replies to NBS Open Classes - What level of dance should you be?

re: NBS Open Classes - What level of dance should you be?
By indigo_dancer
On Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 AM
Hi There,
You do not have to audition and there are no age limits there. It is an open class so the level of it will be totally random, perhaps one day the instructor might focus on centre work completely or barre work. One day you might do an elementary exercise of tendus and then the next do a petite allegro full of sissones and brisses. It can benefit any dancer and can help you better you for your exams in enchanments.
By Dancess
On Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 AM
oh, thank you! You're reply explained everything so well, I'd give you karma, but i am still a new member.
By Aurore
On Fri Jul 25, 2008 02:36 PM
I dance recreationaly too and I have been to a NBS open class. You don't have to audition but they put you in a class with students your age. You can ask me if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to answer.

ReplySendWatch