Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Moving/Working abroad
By Kt_Baybeh
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 01:00 PM

Hey

Well i live in a little town called Tamworth in the midlands.
I lok around day in day out and think "is this really what im destined for?"
Its so dull and drab, i long to move abroad and work!
Even bar work, even just for th summer months i want to be away and have a different life!
Anyone else feel like this, and does anyone know how to go about doing this kind of thing??

xxx

11 Replies to Moving/Working abroad

re: Moving/Working abroad
By Showbizz_Kate
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 01:11 PM
hey Kate !
well am quite lucky i live in the countryside so have lovely views and notice the big difference when i go to big industrial cities that feel so busy and chaotic! - omg London is manic!!! stresses me out haha
im working abroad for the first time this summer and I cant wait! Im working in Ibiza for Thomson Holidays so its a family resort! here in UK I teach for a theatre school - Razzamataz so they have a partnership with thomsons so im going over there! Il be teaching singing and dance to the kids on the resort and another girl will be doing the drama! i cant wait!!
Im not sure how to go about it all unless its through a company for performing such as thomsons, thomas cook etc..

Goodluck if you decide to do something similar,

Katie x
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 18, 2008 04:02 PM
You sometimes see the jobs at the local job centre
There are also agencies that deal with jobs abroad [teach english abroad ,summer jobs abroad ]
There are many ways just google and you will find some agencies ...you just have to be careful and get everything well checked before you sign

An agent is a good way to go in the first instance

Mama DD's xxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 23, 2008 06:09 AM
Hiya,

Try googling some travel companies as there are some set up specifically to help young people do this kind of thing, but like groovygran said, make sure you check it all out thoroughly first! Good luck if you decide to go for it, I think you are brave lol

Carly
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 24, 2008 06:07 AM
I worked abroad last summer, and am probably going to do it again next year. I worked for Eurocamp (camping company) in France. it was an amazing experience and I'd recommend it to anyone. A good site to visit is seasonworkers.com it has forums to ask questions from people who have done it, it also has reviews on companies and links to jobs abroad. it has anything from camping, summer resorts (ibiza,etc) or ski seasons. if you want any advice/tips just PM me.

xxMOOMxx
By claire_tomlinson
On Tue Jun 24, 2008 09:27 AM
hi
i know exactly how you are feeling at the moment. i live in birmingham, not that far from yourself.i have just got back from 2 weeks in spain and i am sooo depressed now im back home.
i have to think of my boyfriend though and worry about whats going to happen and if i will be financially ok. i have a car on finance which is being paid over 4 years.
everything just seems so boring now im back home!!
i hope you get to do what you want and please keep us informed
luv
claire xx
By dancinmum
On Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:19 PM
Repping is always a good start to working abroad, at least you are still working for a british company while you learn to deal with other contries laws and customs.

Too late for this year but they start taking on around october for the following summer.

Good luck

Mikki
By Showbizz_Kate
On Mon Jul 07, 2008 01:59 PM
^ most recruit up until april before the summer - october is a little early unless you know its exactly what you want to do. but i agree good to do it with a british company. YOu could even try it over here if you'r unsure of being too far away - such as butlins/haven etc and then if you enjoy that you can step it up the following yr and go abroad!! thats if its performing you want to do. Katie
im now going to zante 2 weeks today to work for the summer teaching singing/dance :)
By X_dancing_kc_X
On Wed Jul 09, 2008 01:52 PM
hey,

I worked in magaluf when I was 17 for 3months I loved every minute of it. I went on holiday with some friends and got on really well with the club reps so when my friends went home I stayed,june jul and august, I only worked in a club at night doing some Promotion work and some dancing in a club, but it was great I worked from 9pm till 3am then the rest of the time was mine to sunbathe and go clubbing or sleep lol your drinks are free as you get a workers pass so its just apartment you have to pay for and you normal share with about 7 overs so is about 70 euors a week. you make so many close friends as your all in the same boat??
do it while your young you deffinatly wont regret it.
kirsti xx
By Supportermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 09:32 AM
Hiya

My cousin works for First Choice in Crete, she actually lives out there though with her boyfriend and his parents

I only spoke to her the other day and told her i'm down and wish I could get out of this country for a while, she
told me First Choice are still looking for Resort Representative's for this year :)

If you want to find out more, click on this link: firstchoice.co.uk then scroll down to the bottom of the
page, then select the ABOUT US option which is right at the bottom. It will then re direct you to another
page, you then need to select Careers, then select 'current job opportunities'. You will then be re directed to
another page where you can select which ever option you desire, for example - OVERSEAS... Select the overseas option
and then you can watch a short video which gives you a better insight to the role of a resort rep and then if your
still interested, select the CURRENT VACANCIES ABROAD option where you will clearly see there are still assessment
days being held throughout this month, so it's best if you apply online as soon as possible if this is what you want :)

First Choice is a Top UK Holiday Company and my cousin has only been out in Crete since March 31st and my the middle
of April she had applied for the job, been interviewed and offered a Job at a 4* All Inclusive Resort near to where
she lives in Irepetra. Kylie did have the offer to live in staff accomodation at the hotel, but as she moved out
to Crete with her boyfriend she chose not to and First Choice give her an allowance each month which goes towards
her own accomodation...

Take Care & Happy Job Hunting

Love,
Kelly xxx
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 09:41 AM
Google Bunac.
There an orgainisation set up to help young people (mainly students taking gap years) to move abroad and either do volunteer work or go out there and work.
I've been looking into their projects called Work America and Work Australia.
Also, your local concuil should have funding set aside for young people wanting to travel so that should help with raising money if you were wanting to leave the UK.

Emily zzzz
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:39 AM
One thing you have to remember when working abroad [which I have done ]is that you have to learn the laws of that Country and live by them [maany are so different from English laws ....so pleased do your research before you go as can soon do wrong if you do not

Hope you decide to work away and find what you are looking for

Mama DD's xxx

ReplySendWatch