Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

How lucky I feel about my HS team!
By Dancer11C
On Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 AM
Edited by Dancer11C (187773) on 2008-06-25 11:38:54 Misspelling

I'm going to be a freshman in high school, ahh! Anyways, a new high school in our area is opening, and I can already feel the spirit for the school pouring out of everyone! We had dance team auditions and I was really nervous since it's a varsity level sport, the coach made this analogy: "Frehsman girls trying out for dance team is like freshman boys going out for Varsity football!" Scary I know, anyways I made it and was so happy! Fifteen girls were cut so I was so proud! Our team is small and consists of one senior, since it's a new school we are working everything out and all of that. Anyways, then we had council interviews, I knew it would be a stretch to try for that one since I'm the youngest on the team, but I did, and now I'm team secretary! Which is just right under the captain, and I'm the youngest council member! I just feel so lucky we've already had fundraisers and events and now I'm so excited to start HS! I just feel so fortunate because my friend, who is unfortunately attending another high school, is an amazing dancer and she made her team, which has won nationals for three years in a row! Well anyways, she loves being on the team but there is the whole Senior mentality, "Oh let's hate the freshman, they're stupid!" Literally, no joke. And I'm just so happy we have a team that is a family whether we're 14 or 18, and it feels so great. Our coaching staff is amazing, and our team is too, and the buzz around all the other high school's is that our team is the one to beat this year, and that puts a smile on my face! So this year is all about dance for me, I dance for a studio that ranges from 10-20 hours a week, and dance team which is 5-7 hours a week, plus performances, conventions, and competitions for both teams! Plus two honors classes and on AP class, I know I may be taking on too much, but I'm ready to try it all and I can't wait. Just in the next six days I'll be having 78 hours of dance! USA Camp baby! I'm just so happy that our Company and Team are so great, and I can tell this year will be brilliant! I just had to voice that!

2 Replies to How lucky I feel about my HS team!

re: How lucky I feel about my HS team!
By SesameSt79
On Wed Jun 25, 2008 05:14 PM
It sounds like you are an incredibly lucky young lady. Keep that positive attitude the whole season and you will make your team proud.
re: How lucky I feel about my HS team!
By Dancer11C
On Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 PM
Ahh thanks so much!
All the encouragement I have before high school helps me feel ready!

ReplySendWatch