Forum: Disco / Disco - Photos / Competitions

Disco Photos - Competitions
Preserving Dignity - please help to safeguard yourself or your dancer! (karma: 1)
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:17 AM
Made sticky by Nicola_x (80323) on 2008-06-26 10:18:13 important reminder

Hi

It occured to me that we may need a little reminder about preserving dignity in some photos.

I think that the sharing of photos is fantastic and its great to see everyones outfits and acheivements and all the other events we share. It helps us to get to know one another a little better.

However lately I have found myself removing some pictures for the safety of the person shown. There has been an increase in photos which have been flashing areas of the body, particularly round the crotch.

I appreciate disco is a very flexible style of dance and that certain moves etc, show that area more. However i am asking dancers and parents to just 'proof read' your shots before posting them just to make sure that the dancer has a little dignity preserved. Remember these photos can be viewed by anyone on the internet and although innocent enough, its always wise to air with caution.

I hope that members can see the sense behind this and will begin to take a little moment to consider and preserve a little more dignity.

With that in mind - happy posting!

Nicola x

17 Replies to Preserving Dignity - please help to safeguard yourself or your dancer!

re: Preserving Dignity - please help to safeguard yourself or your dancer!
By stunningkiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 16788, member since Sun Jul 22, 2007
On Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 AM
hiya Nicola

Yes I thank you are so right. and thank's for your reminder
as I no when im putting up photo's I dont forget about all that.
so thank's xxx

love gemma xx
By TomoliPremium member Comments: 1852, member since Sat Sep 03, 2005
On Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 AM
Totally agree with you Nicola

some photos really shouldnt be posted and it amazes me when they are.

Ann
By Ashleigh95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2293, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:35 AM
Hey

Good post, totaly agree!

Ashleigh x
By Phebebabymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6187, member since Mon Jul 10, 2006
On Mon Oct 20, 2008 03:16 PM
great post we dont know who's looking at our kids pictures.
love Jayne xx
By dancing_kitkat Comments: 1678, member since Wed Jul 25, 2007
On Mon Oct 20, 2008 03:35 PM
Good Post...

Lisa xx
By Lanapants Comments: 137, member since Mon Jan 28, 2008
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 03:54 PM
totally agree, i love seeing dancers new costumes and posts about how they can do new moves but sometimes it's abit worrying about what is on show!
i dont think a dancer would do it on purpose but you never know who is looking at the pictures

Lana xx
By XxKacixX Comments: 1302, member since Mon Sep 29, 2008
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 04:02 PM
yes occured to me also the other day, i felt a bit concerned about a certain picture i saw. im glad you have brought it to everyones attention.
sometimes you get so comfortable on this site (in the want of a better phrase!) that we almost forget this can be viewed by anybody. scary thought xxx
By PrincessAaliyahmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 620, member since Mon Oct 27, 2008
On Tue Nov 04, 2008 08:13 AM
I completely agree,

i love the different moves Aaliyah can do and i know she loves to show off, however its our responsability first and foremost to protect our beautiful children and to post pics that keep their dignity intact!

Thanks for this

Bec (Aaliyahs Mum) xx
By Xxi_luv_discoxX Comments: 3, member since Sun Sep 28, 2008
On Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 AM
totally agree, i love seeing dancers new costumes and posts about how they can do new moves but sometimes it's abit worrying about what is on show!
i dont think a dancer would do it on purpose but you never know who is looking at the pictures
By PURE_Angii08member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6670, member since Sun Mar 23, 2008
On Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:25 AM
Totaly agree x
I cringe sometimes at photos especialy on the stretch page I know these photos were taken innocently but like Nicola said there are all sorts of people who can access them all!

Also as much as I love tanned legs I make sure Sophie wears tan tights to not put any body parts on show x

Angie x
By LittleLauren Comments: 247, member since Thu Nov 27, 2008
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 03:52 AM
a very good post,I totally agree,,,, anyone could veiw the photos
By ldot81 Comments: 1097, member since Sun Sep 13, 2009
On Thu Oct 01, 2009 02:37 PM
Great post think sometimes people just get a bit carried away with their pic's & sharing their achievements with others. Lets keep ourselves & our children safe x
By angiebabe Comments: 20, member since Wed Nov 25, 2009
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 01:26 PM
I totally agree, I'm quite protective of what photos i put on any page.
By MARIABABE1 Comments: 5179, member since Sun Nov 08, 2009
On Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 AM
Totally agree, no matter what age there are people out there that spoil it for everyone and prey on the revealing pics please be careful, I would totally hate the thought of my daughter looked at in that way.

Ju
By funsamantha Comments: 75, member since Mon Sep 12, 2011
On Wed Sep 14, 2011 09:46 AM
totally agree, great post, i never really thaught about the fact that anyone could be looking on this website

xxxxxx
By LaurensMam Comments: 61, member since Mon Apr 09, 2012
On Fri Jun 29, 2012 09:35 PM
There's nothing more important than keeping our children safe, so thank you for the reminder.
By gagster Comments: 488, member since Sat Sep 10, 2011
On Sun Jul 01, 2012 06:01 AM
Excellent post.
Our childrens safety should always come first and sometimes just a gentle reminder is needed

ReplySendWatch