Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Amy Winehouse......
By sammyjo
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 03:25 AM

After watching Nelson Mandelas (sp.) concert last night and listening to Amy Winehouse speak and perform I get so annoyed...
the girl just gets on my nerves she is a druggy who in my opinion cannot sing and definately cannot dance who everybody seems to worship. It makes no sense to me- she got to lead the finale at the concert. why??

theres leona lewis on the other hand who is an amazing singer- who does not drink because she purely does not like it. why isnt this publicised?

amys drug addiction is common public knowledge, where as not many people are aware of leona not drinking... and they wonder why we have a problem with under-aged drinking in this country

sorry for my rant and even though i do like some of amy winehouses songs i just wondered if anybody else thinks in the same way i do!!

sammy jo xxxx

ps and why does she always pull her skirt up when she dances?? lol

18 Replies to Amy Winehouse......

re: Amy Winehouse......
By ballet_rox_sox
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 PM
I agree with everything you say! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment #7326517 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2008-06-29 22:09:44 double post

By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:25 AM
People want to read the gossip, sometimes more the bad than the good lol
And as for the singing pft, not actually heard her sing PROPERLY just kinda dart through songs and mumble, but when it comes to expression :O She is a great performer I love watching her as she is always so expressive.
Aine x
By a1costumes
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 04:07 AM
i think she is a great singer and performer an its sad that until now she cany control her addiction lets hope in the future she can clean up her life
By Supergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 04:52 AM
I saw the Amy Winehouse footage from The Nelson Mandela concert and Glastonbry. What a waste of talent. She is obviously extremely talented, from the standard of her earlier music. Her voice is so different, It really annoys me that her friends and parents can't help her keep on the straight and narrow. She clearly needs alot of help. Even after being in Rehab, her actions I don't think have changed at all. She needs a long break in a nice hot country away from all the Media,Press and especially her boyfriend Blake!
Amy Winehouse in her earlier days was definately up there with the greatest musicians of all time, now its all gone!
Lauren
xx
By Showbizz_Kate
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 05:57 PM
shes totally ruined herself. i too get annoyed by all the footage of her being a druggy but still people worship her. i have nothing else to say about her as i just think shes a disgrace and possibly the worst role model i could imagine!
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 03:26 AM
i completely agree!! i think its disgusting that she is constantly in the media and the public eye when she is so clearly out of it all the time!! its such a waste and also, like you say people like leona who are good role models are hardly ever in the paper!! what will young kids think!

er i hate drugs :(

naomi
xxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 04:03 AM
Did anyone see the fottage from Glastonbury where she apparantly took a punch at a fan?! I didn't see it but heard about it - how bad?! The police aren't taking any action because no offical complaint was made - I think the fan should have her done for assault!
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 04:20 AM
Edited by moomintrude (59118) on 2008-06-30 04:30:02 must learn to check before hitting submit. its taking not yaking!!
I think a lot of the blame lies with her record company. Obviously its her choice if she wants to ruin her talent by taking drugs,drinking,etc. But why do her record company insist on letting her keep performing and putting out records when she is so obviously unwell!? She has an addiction, which has casued a lot of knock on effects to her health. she is obviously uspet at being seperated from the person she loves. She should really take some time away from the scene and try to get better. Mind you, she can only be helped if she wants to help herself. and at present it doenst seem like she does. She seems happy with the way her life is going and there isn't a lot anyone (even her family) can do until she faces up to her problems and asks for their help.

I dont really like Amy Winehouses' music that much, although I can see why some people do. I just wish that she wasn't held up to be a role model to young kids. I've personally struggled with addiction and looking back, I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did, or look the way I looked at that time.

xxMOOMxx
By sammyjo
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 04:43 AM
i didnt see the footage of glastonbury but i did hear about it and its bang out of order
im glad im not the only one who think this about amy winehouse!
sammy jo xx
By pink_dancer14
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 08:19 AM
I think she should get away somewhere away from everyone and everything and try to sort her self out or else she is going to die prematurely. She needs to realise that she needs help. I heard about the incident at Glastonbury and it just shows even more that her behaviour is getting even more erratic if that is possible.
By DiscoKing89
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 04:58 PM
I think Amy Winehouse has an amazing and unique voice and the potential to be one of the greats but she is going to kill herself sooner or later!
I have always been a big fan of hers and will still support her music but I do agree that what she is doing is wrong! There as so many children / younger girls who will look up to her and think it's ok because she gets all this media attention!
She needs to get rid of Blake, the drugs, the drink, put a bit of wait on and get smacked round the face to bring her back down to earth.
Her music is amazing but her life is ruining her and I think it is a big shame!
But if it takes her to drop, for others to see what that life does for you then it wont change!
Come on Amy do the right thing because there are so many people who love you!

Stu

PLUS! it makes me giggle when she pulls her dress up and when the badger on her head moves!!!! What a woman!!!
By Karrimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 05:15 PM
Hi there, I feel sorry for her, she is such a sad case of wasted talent. I love her voice but like a lot of other people think if she doesnt get help she could end up a statistic. It is like she is on a self destruction mission and no one can stop her. Lets hope she can rid herself of drugs and show us just how talented she is. Annette xx ps.. don't know what the skirt bit is all about lol x
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 AM
Hiya,

I totally agree with you! I thought some of her earlier music was really good but recently i think shes just gone completly down hill. Shes always in the papers for something and most the time its not even something good, yet people still think shes amazing.

I think it was at one of her concerts where she wasent even singing or something like that, and it makes me wonder how one earth she still has fans who pays lots of money to see her then go away feeling disappointed!

Hopefully she will get her act together and realise she has a lot to loose if she carries on with the drugs and things, as potentially she could be an amazing artist.

Jess xxx
By sarah_jayne
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 01:51 PM
Sorry but have to disagree with most of you

Amy Winehouse is an amazing singer performer and song writer

She's just ill at the minute, its very sad its gotten this far but this is what fame can do to you

She needs help and shouldn't be on stage she needs to get better

Sarah xxx
By Firthymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 03:34 PM
It's such a shame, she is so talented. I think she needs to step out of the limelight completely, and spend time with the people who can help her get better, but it won't happen because she's constantly followed by the paparazzi.

I absolutely love her music, this is my favourite performance of her singing..
youtube.com . . .
Her voice blows me away in that video, just hope she can get back to performing like that.

Hannah x
By amy_lou1
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 06:01 AM
Amy Winehouse has a very unique voice; such a breath of fresh air I think. I suppose it's a matter of opinion but mine is she has a great voice and is unfortunately ruining herself.

Maybe one day (and hopefully soon) she will realise what she is doing and help herself. After all; all the love and help in the world will only do any good if "SHE" wants it. Fingers crossed she finds the courage to save herself (along with many others in the world who have taken a wrong turning)!!!
By AIMEE1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 09:53 AM
I think she is amazingly talented and a very unique singer.

Unfortunately, i also think she is a complete idiot and that is what stops me from buying any of her CD's. Yeah, i'll listen to her on the radio but that's it. I'm not funding her dirty drug habit. No thank you. She is on a very speedy downward spiral which is such a shame as she has the potential to be truly brilliant.

Aimee x

ReplySendWatch