Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

how much input does your/childs ,dance teacher have on your suits??????
By dancindestinee2
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:01 AM

hey all
just wondering how much the teacher at your school has to do with your suits if any at all???
do you see it as its your money you,ll have what you like or teacher knows best kind of thing?
do they have any input in were you get your suits from or what style your suit will be colour shape etc?
looking forward to hearing your thoughts
heatherxx

5 Replies to how much input does your/childs ,dance teacher have on your suits??????

re: how much input does your/childs ,dance teacher have on your suits??????
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 AM
Hiya,

My dance teacher always sees all suits before they are bought, and all designs before a costuem is made. She likes to make sure that they are the right thing for us to wear on the dance floor and to be honest i dont mind as she knows what looks best on floor through judging and things.

Mainly she comments on the design, and then the colour and designer are up to us. However obviously though it is more of what you can afford sometimes then whats best for you.

Jess xxx
By pink_dancer14
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 02:49 PM
Hiya
Mostly I choose the suits I buy although I do ask my teacher about them for her opinion as she knows the best colours so to get noticed by the judges.

Paula xx
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 02, 2008 05:38 PM
Aw Heather
;)< Is all I'm saying lmao
I see it as my money my suit :)
Aine x
By Kaytexmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 03, 2008 03:40 AM
/\/\ re Anie

i have to totaly agree!
our teacher may say if she prefers a colour or style if we asked one of them but they are preity much the same its our choice because its our money!(unless they want to pay for my slow.....feel free)

however saying that.. they wouldnt let us look stupid or anything, they would advise politely i think.. weve never had the problem of them not liking any of our suits i dont think..

we have a great school though in genral!

we are also not attached to a designer either.. we can go to who we like... weve had a mix of Goldstar, Pamella and Tangerine...

Luv kayte xxxxx
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 03, 2008 03:58 AM
I've been very lucky in that my teacher is a designer and so we tend to get all our costumes from her. We are not forced to by any means but I don't think anyone would want to go somewhere else as obviously we all know the kind of treatment we will get from our teacher's company and so it makes sense to go with her.
Therefore yes she will have an input on the costumes from a designer's perspective - it's good because she knows us personally so knows what will suit us etc.
That's a bit of a different situation though so in other cases I would say it's up to you where you choose to spend your money although I think it's fair for teachers to have an opinion.

Carly

ReplySendWatch