Forum: Teams / Drill Teams

Single Handedly Building a Drill/Dance tean
By xdanixleighannex
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 09:31 PM

Basically my drillteam is looked down upon. I have much dance experience and have waited the past two years to be able to turn it around. We have 12 girls on the team this year and i am the captain. I am the only captain for the past many years that knows anything about dance. My lieutinate doesnt have much dance expierence ( but picked up on a switchleap on the first time) and my team has NONE agt all. Any Advice?

p.s the director has no dance background

1 Replies to Single Handedly Building a Drill/Dance tean

re: Single Handedly Building a Drill/Dance tean
By Jessica626
On Sat Aug 16, 2008 06:53 PM
I don't know how much I can help you. My drill team is very large (86 girls) with a strong tradition and reputation for our unique style and work ethic. It is going to take a while to get everyone on your team where they need to be, especially if your diretor has no experience. I would suggest visiting danceadts.com
for more information. It explains a lot aobut training and choreographing which are the two most important aspects to me of a good drill team performance. Watch drill team dances on videos to get ideas. Here is an old performance from a year or so ago from the officers on my highschool drill team.
uk.youtube.com . . .
good luck
J

ReplySendWatch