Popular Ballet

I would LOvE to find a ballet partner! by csontow
Hello! I am a young guy who has always wanted to try taking ballet. I began with some classes and...

Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
So What Do You Do With Your Blister(s) When You Dance? en>fr fr>en
By IrishDancer3000 Comments: 184, member since Tue Nov 29, 2005
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 05:42 PM

Title pretty much says it all. :) What do you do in dance class or when practicing with your blisters on your feet?? Especially your heels...

xx

16 Replies to So What Do You Do With Your Blister(s) When You Dance?

re: So What Do You Do With Your Blister(s) When You Dance? en>fr fr>en
By Celticdreams Comments: 967, member since Tue Jul 03, 2007
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 06:10 PM
Well, I don't have or get blisters, but my classmates use moleskin. Just cut to size, and tape on with medical tape. You can find it anywhere pretty much. My friend needed some last year, and he drove over to target they only had one brand though. So expect to pay for it.
By SamCartermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1222, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 06:11 PM
I use band-aids (the brand name - generics never stick well enough!) horizontally across the heel and then two strips of the thin white medical tape vertically over the padded area to prevent it from slipping. This is a major problem with me! The sticky ends would stay put, but the padded bit that covers the blister has no adhesive. ouch!
By worldchampion Comments: 605, member since Fri Jul 06, 2007
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 09:01 PM
I will put a blister band-aid over it and then another waterproof regualr old band-aid over that to keep it from coming off. It hurt the first time before it popped but afterwards it was just fine! (i'm actually going through this right now.. new hardshoes are a pain in the butt!!!)
re: So What Do You Do With Your Blister(s) When You Dance? (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By Hrynmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 920, member since Wed Aug 15, 2007
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 09:14 PM
a band-aid if the blister is really bad, then covered with duck tape. I've found that it simply stays so much better than medical tape, which for me, gives me blisters! If it's just a small irritation or for preventative measures, I simply put a bit of duck tape on that spot and go.
By sexyirishdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 168, member since Wed Apr 02, 2008
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:06 PM
I use a product called nuskin, which coats the blisters, and then when I dance I wear huge bandaids over my blister spots.
By reel_ghillies Comments: 746, member since Thu Oct 12, 2006
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 PM
I dont get blisters very often, but when I do they are about three inches across the heel. This is what i do. Band- Aid brand blister band-aid, athletic tape over that, then duct tape over that. good luck
By twinkle_toes__ Comments: 966, member since Sat Nov 04, 2006
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:32 PM
Athletic tape stays on better than band-aids and is much cheaper. It's the white clothy tape that baseball players put on there bats - I'm pretty sure you could find it at a sporting store. It's nice thick tape and it lasts longer than my ultra-tough waterproof band aids, which of course come off within an hour.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2234, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 PM
Well I usually don't get blisters, but I carry a certain very thick band-aid with me, it's called Elastoplast, and it's basically a square of adhesive with gauze in the middle, it sticks extremely well, but I only use it for feisanna, cause I find otherwise (in class) I don't get blisters.
By Andoria Comments: 108, member since Thu Aug 25, 2005
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 03:23 AM
I always get blisters at the heel if I don't tape my heels with duct tape before dancing in heavys. It also works if your blisters are "not bubbly" anymore (hope you know what I mean) in the other cases I agree with what the others wrote.
Greetings
Andoria
re: So What Do You Do With Your Blister(s) When You Dance? (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 03:52 AM
Goodness gracious me, Hryn, is there anything in Irish dance that duct tape can't be used for!?! LOL! :D
By IrishDanceEviE Comments: 58, member since Sun Dec 09, 2007
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 02:26 PM
I get blisters on all my toes, so I use "flexible fabric" band-aids with cloth tape around it. I also put baby powder in my socks because it keeps my feet from sweating so the band-aids don't come off.
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5645, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 02:54 PM
I usually use normal plasters and put them over the blisters. This stops the heel of the shoe rubbing the skin.

Claire.
By guitar_monkey Comments: 381, member since Mon Jan 23, 2006
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 03:01 PM
I've tried many things, and for my heel blisters, the duct tape works best I suppose but only if they aren't bubbly. But lately I've not been doing anything for them. I need to toughen up my feet and build up some more callouses!
By siobhan157 Comments: 239, member since Thu Apr 03, 2008
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 04:27 PM
Moleskin is amazing.
It's like my life saver. haha
Definitely keep some in your dance bag.
By dancing_strong Comments: 23, member since Sat Sep 15, 2007
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 04:37 PM
Moleskin is the BOMB. Seriously, it's amazing. It's really thick so your shoes will feel tight, but it works so well that it's totally worth it.
By Pinky92 Comments: 94, member since Thu May 01, 2008
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 06:33 PM
I use those toe pouches on my toes but on my heels, even when i dont have blisters, I use a band-aid over the blister and with straping tape I put one strip(starting under my heel)vertically and then one horizontally across the back of my heel.
hope you can understand this.
=]

ReplySendWatch