Forum: Teams / Drill Teams

Purely Military Girl Drill Teams
By Taphead25Premium member
On Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 AM

I noticed a really snappy team on You Tube from a Lincoln High School in either California or Pennsylvania. They step very sharply in white stretch boots with pleated skirts and blouses. The leader blows a whistle and the other girls sing out while stepping loudly on the street. There didn't appear to be any taps on their boots; but they really made a racket. Is this an ROTC influence in girl's teams? Does your team do pure military? Here in Texas everything is Kilgore Rangerette imitation....nice crowd pleaser, but a bit stale after almost 70 years! There were no drill rifles or other "weapons" in this group; just salutes; singing, and fancy stepping.

Does your team do these routines? Maybe it's the drill team of the future.

1 Replies to Purely Military Girl Drill Teams

re: Purely Military Girl Drill Teams
By Jessica626
On Sat Sep 06, 2008 01:19 PM
My drill team is really nothing like that. I am a highstepper from the woodlands high school. Our drill team is very percise and sharp, but still flowy and smooth. We do our best not to make noise when we dance. Mostly because I think my director believes that most people would prefer to hear the music we dance to rather than us slapping our hands against our thighs. We do do some military, but only in kick dances not just military alone. I havn't sctually seen a drill team like you are describing, but you never know we are going to bigger competitions so who knows what we will see this year!

ReplySendWatch