Poll: Folk / Ukrainian Dancing

Are You Ukrainian??? (even just a bit)
By BalletGirl404 Comments: 243, member since Tue Sep 25, 2007
On Sun Jul 13, 2008 08:28 PM

Well...are you ukrainian dancer that's ukrainian, most of the people in my ukrainian dance class are ukrainian but a few aren't and I was just wondering if the people here were. Some people think that to do Ukrainian dancing you have to be ukrainian but I don't think that i think that anyone can do Ukrainian dancing,even though when I think about (I'm half ukrainian)what made me do Ukrainian dancing was just being ukrainian. PLZ POST!

10 Replies to Are You Ukrainian??? (even just a bit)

re: Are You Ukrainian??? (even just a bit)
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Wed Jul 16, 2008 08:24 PM
Actually no; in spirit yes.
By PURE_Angii08member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6670, member since Sun Mar 23, 2008
On Fri Jan 23, 2009 03:06 PM
Hi all just stumbled accross this page whilst searching ddn, Im vrey interested in ukraine dancing as my Grandad was Ukrainian and I used to love watching him dance as a child, sadly he passed away December but I really want to learn as much as I can about his country he loved so much x
I live in Hull england is there any dancers near here x

Angie waudby nee rokyckyj x
By splitman Comments: 113, member since Sat Oct 16, 2004
On Mon Feb 09, 2009 09:17 AM
I'm half Ukrainian, but dance 100% Ukrainian.
By UkieTeckDancer Comments: 4, member since Sun Mar 08, 2009
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 PM
I'm half ukrainian, half canadian. But im really into ukrainian dancing and ya gotta love zabavas and kolomaykas followed by vodka shots!!!
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Tue May 12, 2009 03:16 AM
No,I am not.I decided to look here to see if there was any photos of national costumes.I have been a bit busy making a Myspace entry.Victor Stafford from Australia.I have put info from my old jobs in my space.I notice that there must be many sort of Irish folks in the USA as the St.patricks day is celebrated there and there are parades.It is put on the TV news in Australia.What does a Ukranian look like?
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Tue May 12, 2009 04:45 AM
I forgot to ask,what is the other half?Can you speak any Ukranian?why?Can you speak any Russian?How do you say"thank you","good morning"How do you say "yes".Has ukranian got any german or other words in it from other countries?
By danceroxmysoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 26, member since Mon Jul 06, 2009
On Sun Jul 12, 2009 08:00 PM
I actually was just looking at this topic. I am really a ballet dancer.
However I was born in Ukraine. :D
By jorrdanlewissmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 99, member since Mon Jun 08, 2009
On Tue Jul 28, 2009 05:36 AM
Ya im 1/4 or something like that but I love the culture and the dancing so I may as well be 100% Uki haha.
By EMILY180 Comments: 144, member since Mon Jan 28, 2008
On Fri Jul 16, 2010 03:01 PM
Hi,
My dad is half ukranian - his parents were kidnapped by the Germans during the 2nd world war and after it ended, Russian wouldn't allow them back so they settled in the UK. My dad can understand spoken ukranian but can't speak it himself - LOL. Sadly my grandparents passed away but I'm proud that I have a surname that no-one can pronounce let alone spell. Incidentally, I compete in freestyle disco. I haven't tried ukranian dancing because no-one around here teaches it any more sadly. To all you ukranian dancers I say keep dancing!!!
xxx Emily Szynkar
By Halya Comments: 6, member since Mon Jul 26, 2010
On Thu Jul 29, 2010 01:03 AM
Hi, i am Halya. I live in Ukraine and work on the firm, which produces ukrainian national costumes. Maybe you are interested in it. If it is so, you are wellcome!

ReplySendWatch