Happy Birthday Odette Richard!!!
By illusiongirl
On 07/18/2008 05:07:34
Happy Birthday Odette!!! Hope you have a really awesome day :) All the best for the Beijing Olympics - I know you will be brilliant, I cant wait to see you!! Luv from your biggest fan, Illusion
re: Happy Birthday Odette Richard!!!
By Johandie
On 08/24/2008 03:56:25
Instead of starting a new post, i thought that i would post this here. I just want to congratulate Odette Richard on her performance at the Beijing olympics. She truly is the greatest Rhythmic gymnast South Africa has ever produced. Belinda Potgieter was amazing, but Belinda Potgieter paved the way for SA gymnasts to follow. With the experience and knowledge of Odette, South AFrican RG can only get better and better. A few of the critiques against Odette was that she didn't display the amount of flexibility that the other nations showed. Its fair to say that Odette didn't do great hyper extensions, or deep split-leaps, but she did show great back flexibility, which isn't something that Odette really had a few years ago, so Odette has impoved her flexibility. What the commentators failed to mention too, was how consistent Odette performed. The difficulty rating might not have been as high as the Bessonovas or the Kapranovas, or the Zhokovas, but she was tremendous! Congratulations Odette!! Not only qualifying for the olympics, but performing your heart out, shows that there is plenty to be proud about!! Thanks for paving the way for future South AFrican rhythmic gymnasts!! I remember the first time i read about Odette, she was 9 years old, and she was already doing great. It was a local newspaper, the Northcliff-Melville Times. Also at the gym was Caroline Neumuller, Kim Baldry, and the Queen back then, Belinda Potgieter... Heather Malek, Stephanie Sandler... The Gold Reef Rhythmic Gymnastics Club... Now i am just ranting, peace!
re: Happy Birthday Odette Richard!!!
By Johandie
On 08/24/2008 04:54:49
Two pictures i just found!! Once again, Congrats Odette!!

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/27/2022 10:39:55