Forum: General / dance.net sightings

dance.net sightings
Close Encounters of the DDN Kind
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 05:01 PM

So Chaconne may have figured out one way to get a DDN Eye...He went to lunch with a Mod AND had the Mod take his Salute photo. The Mod is, of course, Maggie, aka Hylndlas.

It was "Arts and Crafts" time and DDN Salute time at the Mall. Maggie and Jon met for Starbucks and lunch. She took his Salute Photo.

So the photos here are Hylndlas's photo of Chaconne after they sat down and did the salute sign. In keeping with Jon's interests, the ruled paper requirement in this case was music paper. Maggie witnessed him writing it out.

The next photo is of Hylndlas, taken by Chaconne...fair's fair.

The shot of the two of them together was taken by that noted photographer...er...well, some guy who was sitting next to them at Starbucks :). He didn't do a bad job actually once we showed him where the button was on the camera.

They jawed and chawed for two solid hours over lunch and coffee/dessert.

So contrary to rumor, Chaconne isn't some scrawny bald toothless 95 year old who pokes out his bon mots whilst sitting naked at a computer (he really has to get dressed, his computer room has some very big windows and a big sliding glass door in it.)

It was a delightful meeting, I hope to have more of them and I hope to meet other DDNers in person.

Jon

11 Replies to Close Encounters of the DDN Kind

re: Close Encounters of the DDN Kind
By back2dance Comments: 689, member since Sun Nov 16, 2003
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 05:17 PM
That's awesome!!!! Worlds collide yet again!

I love seeing VAers posting, because I'm at university about 40 minutes south of y'all (I'm sure that many of you from VA would be able to guess which small university halfway between DC and Richmond!). So, yay for the NOVAs (is DC considered NOVA by you two? ;) heh).

You look like a professor I had, and I seriously thought that it was him when I saw the thumbnail. Even though your names aren't even close. I'm weird.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 05:55 PM
I wanted to join you two for lunch!!!!! Maybe next time.

Yeah for Jon saluting AND meeting Maggie. :D
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 06:49 PM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-07-24 07:03:41 fix markup code
back2dance wrote:

That's awesome!!!! Worlds collide yet again!

I love seeing VAers posting, because I'm at university about 40 minutes south of y'all (I'm sure that many of you from VA would be able to guess which small university halfway between DC and Richmond!). So, yay for the NOVAs (is DC considered NOVA by you two? ;) heh).

Well, Maggie works in NOVA but we both live in MD. I'm 18.2 miles due North of the White House in Montgomery County. Of course I get to NOVA pretty often, at least once a week.

Jon
By back2dance Comments: 689, member since Sun Nov 16, 2003
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 06:56 PM
Ahhh...me mixing work with living. ;) With my horrible geographical sense of VA, when we drive about half an hour into Maryland, I still think it's Virginia anyway. Haha.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 07:18 PM
Hey that's cool. Maggie never told us she was catching up with you!

It's nice to finally put a face to a name - you look a little like a friend of my Dad's, I thought it was him at first, then I was like "No. Steve does not live in the USA, nor does he play violin."

Nice to meet you!!

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1549, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 07:25 PM
Woah! You are pretty much EXACTLY how I pictured you would look!

Crazy!!!!

Congrats on saluting!! :)
re: Close Encounters of the DDN Kind (karma: 1)
By IrishHollymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2092, member since Wed Oct 24, 2007
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 08:21 PM
I just wanted to say that that is the best lined paper I've ever seen in a salute!

-Holly :)
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10300, member since Mon May 06, 2002
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 05:25 AM
Haha, you look how I thought you would look. That never happens! It's great to put a face to the name!
By DeeDeesPremium member Comments: 4147, member since Fri Jan 26, 2007
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 06:34 AM
Hey
Jon looks so much like by best friends Dad. Musician too. He plays church organ.

Jon and Maggie.
I am so jealous of DDNer meets.
see map attached
:(
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:58 AM
Well Dee Dees, on a Mercator Projection, it looks like you are right in the center of things :). We can all meet in Gibralter.

Jon
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Sat Jul 19, 2008 02:04 PM
OMG! Jon, you look like my lawyer. But he is not named Jon, nor does he live out East, nor does he have musical/photography talent at all. Just a paranoid lawyer. That's very odd.

Physically, you remind me of my lawyer.
Intellectually and hobby-wise, you remind me of my boyfriend.

Ha, that's beyond weird.

But what fun to hang out with a mod!

ReplySendWatch