Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Favourites??? x x
By amy_lou1
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 01:03 AM

I was just wondering how many people have a favourite competition?

We used to go to Filey but no longer do. That was by far the best one I have been to; the atmosphere was electric and we always had the most fantastic time!! Since we last went however I have heard it's changed venues. Anybody know where to and would you say it's as just as good?

I don't mind if it's just a one day comp or a festival, be interesting to know your favs and maybe find some new ones to add to our list!!! x x

9 Replies to Favourites??? x x

re: Favourites??? x x
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 01:15 AM
Hi Fily comps moved from Primrose to Cayton Bay [which is no longer a haven site]

We went the first year it was there and it was just as good with the electric atmosphere ..but all Jeff and barries comps are like that with great Independant judges

Mama DD's xxx
By amy_lou1
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 01:29 AM
Thanks,

We don't go to their comps anymore which is a real shame!! Like you say, independant judges and electric atmosphere everytime!! Oh i miss them comps sssooooo much!! :(

Thanks again!!! x x
By Jessi_gurlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 05:11 AM
Hiya,

I used to love attending Devon CLiffs! I dont go anymore due to moving dance schools, but it used to be amazing there! There was such a good atmosphere and standard of dancing!

They also run nearly every event like trios and street teams and rock n roll, so there was always lots of chance of coming home with a trophy and it was always fun being able to dance in soo many different events!

I also like attending STratford comps when they run the warwickshire games as instead of trophies you get medals and i thought it was a lovley idea to have something different!

Jess xxx
By TobyTmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 04:15 AM
Toby and I loved Nigel Horrock's comps.
esp when at Bognor, we had an amazing time, and so well-run.
we also loved Kevin's comps at Chichester, and Derek Green's at Egham !

Interesting post - love Teresa x
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 07:17 AM
I always really enjoyed the Camber Sands festival, run by Len Goodman. I've been every year for the last 5 years and it's always really good fun - love Len's funny comments over the mike haha! I also really enjoyed Disco Kid and have been lucky enough to go twice, as it was a great experience.

Carly
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 08:21 AM
I used to love the old Hemel Hempstead it was amazing the standard of dancing was un real - that was my first comp :D

I like Burmnham on sea now as well really friendly! i used to love Devon Cliffs as well but we no longer go there :(

Naomi
x
By Danztarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 08:29 AM
^Hemel Hempstead was my first comp too! Not sure if it was the 'old' one though? I first danced there in October 2002.
By starlet_debz
On Sun Jul 27, 2008 07:09 AM
hi

mines was pwhelli dance festival I love that comp but dont go anymore as my new school dosnt goto this one

love debbie xxx
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 28, 2008 09:41 AM
Danztar ^
i first danced there in 2000 i think so im not sure either all i remember is it it had loads of steps and you had to register before you danced! Hemel is still good now its in a massive massive sports hall!
xxx

ReplySendWatch