Your Skating Background!!
By TwinkleStar7
On 08/07/2008 22:15:27
The board seems pretty empty, so maybe starting a new thread in skating will help! How long have you been skating? What is your favorite move/skill/jump/spin? What was difficult for you to learn? Are you in group lessons or private? Are you with USFSA? What tips or advice do you have for other skaters? To answer my own questions, I skated for around half a year, but I do not currently take lessons. I really enjoyed learning how to do two foot spins (yay!!), bunny hops, and waltz jumps. It was super hard to learn how to go backwards, but now it is like second nature. Also spin entries were hard because of my back posture. I did group and private lessons and I was with USFSA!! My advice for skaters is to practice like crazy!!! You can never have enough ice. And if anyone is wondering when to take private lessons, I would say right around the time you are learning back/front walkovers and beginning jumps. You may not get enough attention in group lessons and then have a really bad technique!
re: Your Skating Background!!
By cloudii
On 08/08/2008 10:06:13
Well, it's been about a year and a few months since I started skating, but for several of those months I wasn't in lessons and very rarely skating (only every few weeks). Right now, I in group lessons (ISI Learn To Skate). I'm only in Delta (the level where you learn inside 3-turns and bunny hops, etc.) I probably would have passed it already if not for those stupid inside 3-turns :( I'm teaching myself to do more advanced stuff though,like waltz jumps and scratch spins because I'm too impatient to wait. Scratch spins are probably my favorite move, even though I can only do them really slowly. I don't really have much advice except never give up.
costumes
By momof2twirlers
On 08/12/2008 12:08:25
Where do you purchase your costumes from?
By SkaterEmily_X
On 09/10/2008 12:50:35
well ive been skating for about a year and a couple of months now and i first started off at my local ice rink in the galaxy glider sessions (large begginers group sessions) but now im in a smaller group lesson and also so a syncronised skating club my favourite jump is a single salcow and my favourite spin is just an easy up right spin.X
By heavenlybaton
On 10/27/2008 11:45:49
I am 6 time world figure skating champion. My biggest trick is a quad sowcow tripple axel landing reverse leg fly away. And a falling leaf split jump, into toeless lutz delayed axel half loop. I have been a world competitior for 7 years, and have been titled as the most talented figure skater in North America.
By Cadbury_Eater
On 12/21/2008 05:36:04
I'm not a skater, just lurk the boards. I have been skating a few times, it was so much fun. Unfortunately there's no opportunity to ice skate where I live.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/21/2022 19:41:22