Forum: General / Reviews

Reviews
Virus Scanner en>fr fr>en
By roseleaf Comments: 10, member since Sat Jul 19, 2008
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:35 AM

Does anyone know of a good virus scanner that does everything like adware, spyware, and normal scanning?
Looking to buy one but not to sure what is the best since there are so many.

thanks for the help

3 Replies to Virus Scanner

re: Virus Scanner en>fr fr>en
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11588, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 AM
Nope. Doesn't exist. Anti-virus is easy - I recommend AVG, and it's free.
www.download.com . . .

As for spyware, you should consider installing at least 3 programs because none of them are even close to perfect. AVG does anti-spyware, and I also like AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and (surprisingly) Microsoft Windows Defender. Just google them for the downloads. They're all free. I actually have all four of those programs installed on all my computers, and each one finds different stuff every time I run a scan.
By roseleaf Comments: 10, member since Sat Jul 19, 2008
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:34 AM
I have to say then thats sucks. Panic there is an idea for you make an all in one package! You would make lots of money. You would need to give me some of the money though since i gave you the idea :). I am not sure about the rest of the world but running 4 virus related software would be to much for my computer.

Thanks for the reply. free stuff is always good.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11588, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:01 PM
Well a lot of companies already make all-in-one packages. AVG, Norton, McAfee... They all CLAIM to be all-in-one. And they all do a really great job of catching viruses. So you only need one anti-virus program running on your computer (I agree - having 4 running would kill my computer too). But spyware/adware is a completely different story. All the anti-spyware programs are good, but none of them is great. So I usually recommend you install 3. But you certainly don't need to leave them all running in the background. You can just do a periodic scans instead.

So you only need one anti-virus program (any of the big ones are fine, but I like the free ones), but you will need more than one anti-spyware program if you want to make sure you catch everything.

ReplySendWatch