Forum: Adults / 30 Something

30yrs. plus a two year old and one on the way.
By mytinydancer
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 05:18 PM

Hi everyone, I am 30 yrs. with a 2 yr. and one on the way in january 09, I love teaching dance, however my background, I feel needs improvement, such as more experience. I am an assistant and would love to take over the studio that I have danced at and also teach for, but I feel our kids deserve the best!! I would love to give them the opportunity to be the best dancer that they could be but it starts with the teacher and where he or she comes from. So with saying that: does anyone have any advice to having a better background without sacrificing my family or leaving my students?

2 Replies to 30yrs. plus a two year old and one on the way.

re: 30yrs. plus a two year old and one on the way.
By DTeacher
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 09:38 PM
Take some college classes. My mother takes one class a semester because of her full time job. Yes, it'll take a while to get a degree, but you'll be advancing your dance knowledge and doing it affordably without taking all of your time away from your children. Also there are seminars that are one weekend long and certification tests. That's something you can look into.
re: 30yrs. plus a two year old and one on the way.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:23 AM
Edited by begstretcher2008 (197101) on 2008-08-12 10:27:46
First off, congratulations and welcome here. Maybe you should ask the owner of the school for some advice and express interest to her/him that if she/he ever retires that you would very much love to take over and maybe they will work with you to further better your education for the better of the school? You never know. I mean don't be rude and tell them, "retire now darnit so I can have your school!" But just kind of casually express an interest in taking over when, and if, they decide to retire. Just my two cents worth.

However, congratulations on your blessings from God and I hope you have a wonderful dancing career!

Welcome again! Thanks for posting and sharing with us. *HUGS* to you my friend.

Sincerely,

begstretcher2008 :)

ReplySendWatch