Forum: Arts / Books

Trying to remember this book/story I read as a kid...do you recognize?
By Kianamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 11, 2008 05:04 PM

I'm trying to remember the name of this story that I read when I was little. It was about two little girls, maybe sisters, and they go into the woods. One of them gets lost, and she's eating roots and berries, and the wood get very wild. She finds this hut where an old man lives, and he let's her eat his food and sleep in his bed, and he has a very nice garden. I remember the book had fantastic illustrations, and some of the pictures had these giant red roses. Anyone recognize this who could tell me the name of this story?
-Heather

4 Replies to Trying to remember this book/story I read as a kid...do you recognize?

re: Trying to remember this book/story I read as a kid...do you recognize?
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 13, 2008 06:48 AM
All I can think of is Hansel and Gretel, although this sounds like it has a nicer ending...

I suggest going into the library and asking there, you're more likely to get a better answer.
re: Trying to remember this book/story I read as a kid...do you recognize? (karma: 1)
By dreamofdancing
On Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:57 AM
is there a bear involved? if so, it may be Snow White and Rose Red. I think there is a forest involved, and roses...hope this helps :)
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Mon Sep 15, 2008 07:18 PM
Yep, I was thinking EXACTLY what dreamofdancing thought.... especially about the woods, and those big red roses in there....

Did a little bit of googling:

www.google.com . . .=
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Sep 23, 2008 06:47 AM
Sounds like Snow White and Rose Red to me as well.

I had that book as a kid, and it did have the most amazing beautiful illustrations. I loved it. I lent it to someone, and I never got it back :(

ReplySendWatch