Forum: Arts / Religion

Amazing experience that I thought I would share. :]
By SammyAnnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 15, 2008 02:21 PM

*I posted this here because I felt it had a lot to do with religion. So there ya go.*

Since my brother died in February, we've felt his presence on numerous occasions. My parents and I, plus some other members of our extended family, have smelled him at different times and in different places. The night after his funeral, I heard my door creak, and I distinctly felt someone hug me. Lights have been turned off and on and other electrical mishaps have occurred. Recently, I saw that one of my trophies was turned around. I'm anal about my trophies, and so my parents know not to touch them. We have looked for plausible explanations for these happenings but haven't ever been able to explain them.

Today, however, something happened that really touched me.

Ever since his death, I've wondered what happened to him, and asked him out loud several times to show me that he's ok. Last night, during a storm, I woke up. I heard my laptop start up, which was odd because it was closed. I thought I might have been hearing things, so I went back to sleep.

When I opened my laptop this morning, my itunes was up and on the itunes store, the song "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven" by Kenny Chesney was pulled up. I've never even heard of the song and I'm not a country music fan.

I firmly believe that Taylor was telling me that he's in heaven and that he's ok.

Anyway, it gave me new hope and faith (something I've been struggling with) and I just had to share it!

2 Replies to Amazing experience that I thought I would share. :]

re: Amazing experience that I thought I would share. :]
By YouSpinMe14
On Fri Aug 15, 2008 06:14 PM
Wow. That seriously brought me to tears; that was very touching. First off, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I've heard from several people that after someone dies, sometimes it's like they're still here, wanting to let us know that they're alright. I definitely believe that he is in heaven watching over you. Glad to hear of such an amazing experience!
re: Amazing experience that I thought I would share. :]
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 18, 2008 09:27 AM
Edited by begstretcher2008 (197101) on 2008-08-18 09:35:44
Ooh SammyAnn, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, but I do thank you for sharing this with us. He is there in your house still.

I know this is not the same, but another online friend of mine just lost her cat and she could still smell him in her house and he's knocked over several pictures in the house as well. She believes her cat is still there... and I believe your brother is in the house too. He's watching over you.

This is a beautiful testimonial to you SammyAnn. Big HUGS to you my friend. Again, I'm sorry about your brother, but I really believe it was your brother's sign to let you know that he is okay.

God helped me understand my cat was okay too after she had died, when I had a dream about her and she told me to move on with my life that she would see me one day. It's amazing how God works in so many different ways for so many different people.

And in my parents house (which is my grandmother's old house), their clock chimes (It was grandmother's clock) every so often and we believe it's my grandmother talking to us.

God Bless You SammyAnn and God Bless your family as well. Thank you again for sharing with us.

ReplySendWatch