Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

choreography to the song "Hey There Delilah"-what does this song make you think/feel?
By allegro13
On Fri Aug 15, 2008 05:56 PM

Hey Everyone!

I'm chorographing a solo piece for an audition video. The song I have decided on is "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's. (for those who haven't heard it: www.youtube.com . . . )

It's exactly what I'm looking for: simple, elegant, and emotional. So far, I've let the song sort of guide me through the steps, but I would loev opinions on what YOU see and feel when you hear this song, and what movements it translates to.

I have about a week to finalize the choreography, and I love hearing other's opinions so I can gain different views. Please respond with your thoughts/feelings. :)

1 Replies to choreography to the song "Hey There Delilah"-what does this song make you think/feel?

re: choreography to the song "Hey There Delilah"-what does this song make you think/feel?
By angeldancer92
On Sun Aug 17, 2008 03:10 AM
pretty much what you said. but also the movemetns should be more 'teenager in love' and natural than strict choreography or actual dance moves, maybe lots of wild natural spins?

for me the song is all about sweetness, but in a sincere and non overbearing way so no dama.

hope this helps
good luck!

ReplySendWatch