Forum: Advice / Modeling & Pageantry

Photoshoot in Backyard.
By nettelamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 16, 2008 04:43 PM

These photos are of a while ago. Do you like them? Do you think I have potential? Comments and critiques welcome!

3 Replies to Photoshoot in Backyard.

re: Photoshoot in Backyard.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 16, 2008 09:17 PM
Photo #1 doesn't have sufficient quality to evaluate it...too blurry. Photo #2 is actually a pretty good photo of you, but is not the sort of thing to be used for model evaluation. Photo #3 better be cropped. It is dangerously close to showing a view of you that you probably don't want us to see (at least not for THIS kind of modeling.)

I suspect when your braces are off (are they off now?) you could try again. You are obviously quite pretty, but photos for evaluating modeling potential have to have you in various poses, moods, happy, sober, head shots, full body, showing off a fashion (the object of most modeling is for the person doing the hiring to sell something), something in a swimsuit of leotard to allow your body to be evaluated. While height/weight/measurement stats aren't permitted here, that will have to be known.

I would suggest doing a Google on "model portfolios" to see the kind of shots which are taken for this purpose. They for starters get some friend who is "into" photography to do some basic modeling shots. That will allow further evaluation to see if it would be worth your while to pursued this further.

Also note that where you live can be important. There are more modeling jobs in major fashion and publication centers (like New York) and of course far more competition that a place like Lost Gulch, Nevada (I made that up.)

I think superficially you might have the attributes from what we have seen in these three shots to carry it to the next step.

Jon (Retired photographer and once upon a time an occasional photographer of modeling portfolios.)
By nettelamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 17, 2008 05:47 AM
Thanks! I will do that and post back!

More comments and critiques welcome!
By NASCARdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 21, 2008 05:12 PM
I think you could! And I absolutely love the second photo! LOL the third one is cute too! Good times!

ReplySendWatch