Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Beginners

Fouette Turns Help!
By LittleMissJazz23
On Wed Aug 20, 2008 07:30 AM

Hi,
I am a really good turner and i want to advance my Fouette turns. I can do them regular, do the illusion one, the swing and grap your leg and i can do 12 pirroutes. I really want some more Fouette turns i can do so i can advance. please either give me step by step instructions or a video would be nice!! Thanks in advance!

6 Replies to Fouette Turns Help!

re: Fouette Turns Help!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 21, 2008 04:35 PM
I am a little confused by you post. What do you mean by alot of that...

Have you done them with axles after every few?
By dancingincereal
On Fri Aug 22, 2008 01:46 PM
i am also confused with what you want.

if you are just looking for different combinations just try doing a few fouttes then a piroutte, and then do a few more and then one with an illusion turn. just try and put them in different orders.
By dancerlucy
On Sun Oct 12, 2008 04:58 PM
Here is a girl doing some italian fouettes// its just a different way of doing them - www.youtube.com . . .

sorry thats all I could find.
By Melgart21
On Sun Oct 19, 2008 01:53 AM
Edited by Melgart21 (202706) on 2008-10-19 01:55:01
I have never heard of this before.What are Fouette Turns?
By DDCdancerx
On Wed Oct 22, 2008 03:30 PM
Melgart - ask your teacher. In my opinion, its easier to be shown then to be told, but if you should definitely know what a fouette is.
I'm not sure what the OP is asking here, but if your asking how to do more, all you need to do is practice. Strengthen your core and legs, and make sure your arms are in correct placement. It sounds like you already have great turning ability, so it shouldn't be too hard ;).

ReplySendWatch