Themes And Song Ideas To Fit Themes
By imadanseur
On 08/21/2008 11:34:28
Please post themes you have used previously as well as songs that you used with these themes.
re: Themes And Song Ideas To Fit Themes
By judso
On 08/22/2008 04:36:02
School Theme: School Days- Aretha Franklin Hip To Be Square (for "Nerds") Revenge Of The Nerds ABC- Michael Jackson or American (Idol) Juniors School Day- Chuck Berry High School Never Ends School's Out For Summer Be True To Your School- Beach Boys Kindergarten Rock- Joe Guda Rhyming Number Rap Lip Gloss (talks about lockers in song) School Teacher's Blues-Saffire On Girls Lending Pens- Taylor Mali I Love To Learn- Hip Hop Harry School Bus Coming- Paul Epstein Back To School- Laughing Pizza
By tinydncr820
On 08/24/2008 10:49:14
These are songs from our "Guys and Dolls" recital: Man I Feel Like a Woman - Shania Twain Daddy's Little Girl My Girl - Temptations My Guy - Mary Wells Brand New Girl - from Earth Girls are Easy Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison Where the Boys Are - Connie Francis Boys - Britney Spears Needy Girl - Chromeo Man Size Love - Klymaxx Beautiful Girl - from Singin in the Rain Uptown Girl - Billy Joel Big Girls Don't Cry - Four Seasons Lady in Red - Chris DeBurgh Candy Man - Christina Aguilera I'm Gunna Wash that Man Right Outta My Hair - from South Pacific This Woman's Work - Kate Bush Cosmic Girl - Jamiriquoi I Enjoy Being a Girl - from Flower Drum Song Skater Boy - Avril Lavigne For the Girl Who Has Everything - Nsync She's a Lady - Tom Jones When a Man Loves a Woman - Michael Bolton Superman - Five For Fighting Macho Man - Village People (this was the Dancing Dads number) Forget about the Boy - from Thoroughly Modern Millie Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera Beautiful Boy - John Lennon Nature Boy - Natalie Cole Mr. Postman Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver Secret Agent Man Kiss the Girl - Ashley Tisdale Soul Man - Blues Brothers Dude Looks Like a Lady - Aerosmith Party Man - Prince
By tinydncr820
On 08/25/2008 20:31:39
Here are songs from our "Friendship" recital: You've Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story) You've Got a Friend (Carole King) Family (from James and the Giant Peach) We are Family (Sister Sledge) I'll Share it all with You (from Annie Get Your Gun) Friendship (from Anything Goes) Lean On Me (Club Nouveau) Friends (Bette Midler) Friend Like Me (Aladdin) If My Friends Could See Me Now (from Sweet Charity) Together Wherever We Go (from Gypsy) I'm Your Angel (Celine Dion and R. Kelly) Crash and Burn (Savage Garden, the title is deceiving!) Your Song (Garth Brooks) Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler) In My Life (we used the Bette Midler cover for a pointe routine but it was the Beatles song) That's What Friends are For (Dionne Warwick & Friends) That's What Friends are For (from Jungle Book) You Belong to My Heart (ugh, can't remember what it's from!) Two Worlds, One Family (from Tarzan) Graduation Friends Forever (Vitamin C) Just the Two of Us (Will Smith) My One True Friend (Bette Midler, wow i just realized we used a lot of hers!) I Say a Little Prayer for You (Best Friend's Wedding soundtrack) There are a few more I am forgetting!
By tappintoez
On 08/26/2008 11:15:13
Has anyone ever done an "outer space" theme? If you have do you have song ideas.
By pirouette19
On 08/26/2008 19:32:43
Does anyone has halloween theme songs? Especially ballet ones for teens. Thanks!
By ifdancecouldkill
On 08/27/2008 08:41:59
We are doing "Soak up the Sun" this year. Here is my song list, so far: Pocket full of sunshine Natasha Bettingfield Summer in the City - The Lovin’ Spoonful School’s Out - Alice Cooper California Girls - The Beach Boys Boys of Summer - Don Henly Bryan Adams - Summer of ‘69 Sunny- Jamiro Everybody’s Free to Wear Sunscreen Baz Luhrmann Heat Wave-Martha Reeves Beautiful Day- U2 Block Party- Chuck Brown Get a Job- The Sillouettes In the Summertime Mungo Jerry/ Shaggy Saturday in the Park - Chicago Beach Boys - Good Vibrations Soak up the Sun - Sheryl Crow Vacation - Go Go’s Summer in the City - The Lovin’ Spoonful Butterfly-Mariah carey Blue Bayou - Linda Rondstat Summertime Scarlett Johanson- Lost in translation soundtrack? Footprints in the sand- Leona Lewis Hot Dog- Mickey Mouse Club Fruit Salad- Wiggles Bicycle –Queen Ragtime (ice cream man song) Kokomo - The Beach Boys / THE MUPPETS ballet Surfin’ USA - The Beach Boys Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves Wipeout - The Safaris Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters. Away from the Sun- 3 doors down Here comes the sun - the beatles Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" - Elton John Ain't no Sunshine by the Lighthouse Family Fields of Gold - Eva Casidy version Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell (talks about clouds and the sun) You are my sunshine Yellow polka dot bikini Walking on Sunshine California Dreaming- Queen Latifah House of the Rising Sun Sunshine of your love- Eric Clapton/ Cream Sunrise- Norah Jones
By tinydncr820
On 08/28/2008 20:58:54
For the Go For the Gold theme - if you need ballet songs, try "Gold" by Linda Eder (theme of the Salt Lake City olympics, i believe?) and "The Power of the Dream" by Celine and "Reach" by Gloria Estefan(again, I think this one was for the Atlanta Olympics) They are perfect and have a great message!
By dancehuny
On 09/04/2008 15:50:09
I'm looking for jazz songs to fit the theme around the world. i know it's pretty broad but i am all out of ideas! Songs for the age group 9-11! Thank you!!!!
By MissJess
On 09/04/2008 20:04:44
We did a "Newspaper" theme, and set up the program to look like the local newspaper... Police Beat- `Smooth Criminal `Blood On The Dance Floor `Street Battle (Din DaDa) The New York City Ballet was our Ballet Production Tag Sale- `Everything Old Is New Again Singles- `Only You `Crazy In Love `Moondance `Waltz Ads- `Car Wash `Musicology Travel- `Rio `Polar Express `Somewhere Over The Rainbow Fashion- ~Vogue ~You Better Work Obituaries- `Tears In Heaven `You'll Never Walk Alone We also did a Help Wanted and a Sports section, but I can't seem to remember any songs from that right now...hope this gives you an idea-it was really a great theme and a great recital!
By Angelina32
On 09/09/2008 21:57:05
Around The World ROCK In the USA Funky Town Mickey (What a pitty you don't understand) Flordia Hawiiani RollerCoaster Ride (Lilo & Stitch) We did this 2 years ago, and I can't think of any others right now, I will look tomorrow and then let you know.
By SiyoNqoba
On 09/16/2008 18:06:21
We're doing One Hit Wonders, too! :) There's a really pretty song that Grade 3 ballet (age 8 - 12) is using, called "Dreams." I'm unsure of the artist, but the first lyrics are "Dreams are just dreams, when they're stuck inside your head." Other ONE HIT WONDERS songs: Disco Duck - Rick Dees Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol Baby Got Back (heavily edited, of course) - Sir Mix-A-Lot Dont Leave Me This Way Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice What's Left of Me - that boy band guy (haha) Whoomp There It Is Whiter Shade of Pale Earth Angel - The Penguins Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus Silence Tainted Love (not the Marilyn Manson version) Silence Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe Barbie Girl - Aqua Sugar, Sugar Howzat Beach Baby Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp She Bomp)? The Teddy Bear Song Magic - Pilot Macarena Who Let The Dogs Out? - The Baha Men Kung Fu Fighting
By DanceworksNJ
On 09/22/2008 07:08:10
A great teen Halloween ballet is Danse Macabre. They really get into the music because it is kind of dark and untraditional...and you can use some comtemporary choreography. We've used this piece twice over the years and the audience loves it. You can also try Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor
By Shortgirl75
On 09/24/2008 17:32:10
http://www.poemhunter.com/songs/summer/ Cool site for themes.
By shellbelle
On 09/25/2008 22:45:44
We also had a jungle theme, some additional songs we used where: Tribal Dance Witch Doctor Wild Child Boom Da Boom Jungle Fever (Edited) Queen of the Jungle If I think of more I'll add them!
By jenntertainment
On 10/03/2008 19:27:05
I was thinking of a Dancing through Life theme, like Born in the USA, ABC-123, Car Wash, My Father's House, etc. Any ideas on this theme?
By tinydncr820
On 10/06/2008 18:49:58
For the Dancing Through Life Theme (I attended a recital a LONG time ago with this theme, also I've been thinking about it a lot recently) You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Bikini - Swimming Lessons Ballerina Girl - Dance Lessons Let's Hear it for the Boy - Cheerleading Centerfield - Softball team 16 Candles It's Raining on Prom Night (from Grease) Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C Going to the Chapel - Wedding Day When I'm 64 Angel by Sarah McLachlan I'm sure there are others I can't remember!
By jenntertainment
On 10/14/2008 08:54:00
Great ideas! Thank you so much!
By Kris31
On 10/14/2008 15:10:08
Anyone have any great song ideas for a circus theme?
help....travel theme
By tappingitout
On 10/17/2008 19:44:13
We're doing a travel theme this year and my SO says this can include modes of transportation,destinations and places, and anything about escaping, running away, or going on vacation or a trip. I've got most of my songs picked but I'm stuck on a few. I need a tap and a jazz song for a 10-12 year old group. Thanks!
By dancewme
On 10/29/2008 11:53:07
dreams is by diana degarmo from american idol. beautiful song
By Joydancer
On 11/20/2008 21:48:47
I don't know if this would exactly fit, but I have been using the song Double Dutch Bus lately, it is by Raven, and the kids love it!!! It is the cutest little song, hope that helps and best of luck to you!
By GetRhythm
On 11/22/2008 16:35:22
For the Vegas theme: "Money" - Pink Floyd "Turn of a Friendly Card" - Alan Parsons "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers (or, for the hip hop version of that song, go here - http://www.amazon.com/Ecleftic-Sides-II-Book/dp/B00004VW9P and listen to song 3. "Chapel of Love"
By GetRhythm
On 11/28/2008 14:23:09
Does anyone have suggestions for geisha/japanese theme?
Check out the Monkey: Journey to the West soundtrack. It's based on an old Japanese legend and was turned into an opera. The music is done by The Gorillaz. Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/Journey-To-The-West/dp/B001E4ENPO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1227907319&sr=8-2 I'm using number 8 and 15 this year.
By nodoubt_dancer
On 12/04/2008 01:56:58
Does anyone have suggestions for a Seasons Theme. Ex: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring. I looked at the sunny post for ideas but I would like more if anyone has any.
By lovetodance5678
On 01/23/2009 01:32:24
There is a song called "Black and Gold" by Sam Sparro that would be good for jazz
By MissAlexa
On 03/15/2009 15:19:28
Hey all....my themes from last year were Peter Pan and Carnivale. Peter Pan 1. Family Inroduction in Nursery Song- Montmarte CD- British Light Music 2.Toys of the Nursery Song-Jazz Suite No2 :March CD- Jack in the Box 3. Goodnight (Children going to sleep) Song- By the Sleepy Lagoon CD- British Light Music 4. Finding Peters Shadow An instrumnetal off the '10 Things I hate about you' soundtrack 5. Flying To Neverland Songs- Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium and Jazz Suite No2: Waltz 1 CD- Jack in the BOx 6. Meet the Lost Boys Song- We Get Around Artist- Urthboy 7. Mermiad Lagoon- Compilation of songs from the Memoirs of a Geisha Soundtrack 8. Jungle Tap Can't remember......Off a World Beats CD 9. Tribal Dance Can't remember 10.Pirates Vs Lost Boys Song-Church CD- Step Up 2 11. Goodbye (Leaving Neverland) Song-The Real Thing Artist- Gwen Steffani CARNIVALE 1. Party Peddlers Song- Right Now Artist - Pussy Cat Dolls 2. Sad Balloon Clown Songs- Dance of an Ostracised Imp and Chairmans Waltz CDs- British Light Music and Memoirs of a Geisha 3. Life of a Showgirl Song- Dance 10;Looks 3 CD- A Chorus Line 4. Merry - Go - Round Song- Jazz Suite No2: Little Polka CD- Jack in the Box 5. The Magic Show Song- Let me think about it CD- Annual Clubbers Guide 6. Fancy CLowns Song- Circus Galop and Track 1 CD- Jack in the box and the Cat Empire I do not have time to write the rest out but my last dances were Middle-Eastern Entertainment, Geisha, Fortune Tellers and Tight Rope Walkers. Cheers
By long_time_dancer
On 03/17/2009 03:41:34
Ok here are some quick thoughts- Nightmare before Halloween - nightmare before christmas, not sure what film its from - thriller (obviously) - beautiful people (edited), marilyn manson - dragula, rob zombie Through the Years - pretty baby - You must have been a beautiful Baby - School Yard boogie - ABC, jackson 5 - paint the wall, pink floyd - I do, ABBA - Going to the Chapel In my dreams On Broadway (musical) -cabaret -On Broadway -Chicago Television -Flinstones -Deal or no deal -batman, batdance -Superman, toybox -cartoon heroes, aqua
By ifdancecouldkill
On 04/17/2009 09:43:42
So recital is next week and I'm gathering my ideas for next year's theme so I will have plenty of songs to choose from before classes begin. Has anyone ever done a Heros and Villains theme? What songs did you use? Anyone have any suggestions on songs? Here are a few I've thought about: Hero--Nickleback Hero-Mariah Carey Superman Three Doors Down I'm having a hard time coming up with villain songs and songs I can use for tap
By cheertumblenfly
On 04/18/2009 23:57:45
ive recently done 1 routine with a space theme Star Wars Music a few different pieces I saw a UFO - Sneaky sound system The Creeps - Freddie le grande lol i think
By ifdancecouldkill
On 04/20/2009 08:09:52
Californiadancer---good idea for a theme!!
By darlin_dancer
On 04/20/2009 11:05:50
I thought of using a theme called "get to me". it is more of an idea than anything ready, but anyone who has ideas would help out. opener- "get to me" by train pilots - come fly with me other songs: My baby takes the morning train I want to get away Walking in Memphis
By ifdancecouldkill
On 04/20/2009 12:53:11
"Baby Run" by George Strait is a good one for "get to me" Here's a pretty good cover of it, I couldn't find the original on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgZ5qjHz9xM "Come Home Soon" by Shedaisy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4Fkd7bPjg "Come to Me" P Diddy & Nicole Scherzingerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPR0Ta6z1A "Come with Me" P Diddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyk-8ymrdEk Come Home by One Republic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y Good idea for theme
By sjsodance
On 04/23/2009 12:22:58
What did your decorations look like? Do you have some pictures of the stage or your program?
By darlin_dancer
On 04/23/2009 14:12:03
thanks ifdancecouldkill... those are great additions! i also thought of using "little red corvette" by prince or "big yellow taxi"
By darlin_dancer
On 04/23/2009 14:22:55
for heros and villians hero- enrique inglesis heros and thieves- vanessa carlton holding out for a hero- shrek 2 a hero comes home- idina menzel superman- miley cyrus superman- matchbox 20 kryptonite- five for fighting for villians you can use different scores from disney movies? love the theme!
By darlin_dancer
On 04/25/2009 21:45:38
so i have been thinking about a few different themes... here it goes: body parts: i want to hold your hand achy breaky heart Falling In Love Is Hard On The Knees - Aerosmith Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits Tush - ZZ Top Bootylicious - Beyonce Broken Hearts Are For Assholes - Frank Zappa (that's in for the second part, not the first : ) Shake Your Rump - Beastie Boys Stomach vs Heart - Barenaked Ladies Fall On My Knees - Old Crow Medicine Show Get Up Off Our Knees - The Housemartins Open Arms - Journey She Gets Down On Her Knees - Yoko Ono Tired Eyes - Neil Young Green Eyes - Coldplay Blue Eyes - Elton John Brown-Eyed Handsome Man - Chuck Berry Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - The Platters My Father's Eyes - Eric Clapton Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey I Won't Close My Eyes - UB40 Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor Molly's Lips - The Vaselines, covered by Nirvana Almost Cut My Hair - Crosby Stills Nash & Young Kicked In The Teeth - AC/DC With Teeth - NIN You Took the Words Right Out Of My Mouth - Meatloaf World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope When I Kiss Your Mouth - Merril Bainbridge Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths A Shot In The Arm - Wilco Strong Arm Of The Law - Saxon Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - U2 Hot Legs - Rod Stewart Death On Two Legs - Queen Kiss My *** - Ted Nugent I See You Baby (Shaking That ***) - Fatboy Slim Grandma's Hands - Bill Withers The Hands That Built America - U2 Too Much Time On My Hands - Styx You Need Hands - Sex Pistols Red Right Hand - Nick Cave Fingertips (Part 2) - Stevie Wonder Sugar On My Tongue - Talking Heads Hearts And Bones - Paul Simon Them Bones - Alice In Chains AC/DC - Shake a Leg Jeff Buckley - Your Flesh Is So Nice, Satisfied Mind Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box Bad Brains - The Prophet's Eye NIN - Head LIke A Hole, Ringfinger Radiohead - Bones, My Iron Lung Tantric - Inside Your Head Soundgraden - Mind Riot, Face Pollution Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes Nazareth - Hair of the Dog ZZ Top - Legs Journey - Open Arms The Mountain Goats - Color In Your Cheeks The Beatles - I've Just Seen A Face Elliott Smith - Looking Over My Shoulder Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol The Damage in your Heart - Weezer Dope Nose - Weezer This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy Behind Blue Eyes - The Who My Heart - The Perishers Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana When Did Your Heart Go Missing - Rooney This is How A Heart Breaks - Rob Thomas Dreaming with a Broken Heart - John Mayer The Heart of LIfe- John Mayer Bones - The Killers Dirty Second Hands - Switchfoot Stab My Back - All-American Rejects Be Still My Heart - Postal Service Here (In Your Arms) - Hellogoodbye Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is - Jet Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray Black Eyes, Blue Tears - Shania Twain Your Eyes Open - Keane Your Heart is an Empty Room - Death Cab for Cutie Crooked Teeth - Death Cab for Cutie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club - The Beatles My Paper Heart - All-American Rejects Some Hearts - Carrie Underwood From the Heart - Hoobastank Behind these Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson Don't Phunk with My Heart - Black Eyed Peas Browned Eyed Girl Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain Sister Goldenhair Shake Your Booty wedding (I saw this as a theme dance, not show, but I'm sure it can be turned into one): goin to the chapel here comes the bride first dance song Unforgettable (Nat King Cole) Can't Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley) Can I Have This Dance? (Ann Murray) The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra) It Had To Be You (Harry Connick, Jr.) What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong) Endless Love (Diana Ross and Lionel Richie) I Cross My Heart (George Strait) I Swear (John M. Montgomery or All 4 One) A Whole New World (Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle) As Time Goes By (A Kiss Is Just A Kiss) (Michael Feinstein) When You Say Nothing At All (Allison Krauss) Faithfully (Journey) No Ordinary Love (Sade) Here And Now (Luther Vandross) I Can Love you Like That (John M. Montgomery) Power Of Love (Celine Dion) Tonight I Celebrate My Love (Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson) Everything I Do {I Do For You} (Bryan Adams) When A Man Loves A Woman (Percy Sledge or Michael Bolton) All My Life (Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville) I'll Be There (Mariah Carey) On Bended Knee (Boyz II Men) At Last (Etta James) Don't Know Much (Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville) From This Moment On (Shania Twain) Our Love Is Here To Stay (Harry Connick, Jr.) Unchained Melody (The Righteous Brothers) father/daughter dance song My Dad (Paul Petersen) Hero (Mariah Carey) Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle) Times of Your Life (Paul Anka) A Song For My Daughter (Steve Moser, Mikki Viereck, Ray Allaire) mother/son song Don't Know Much (Linda Rondstadt and Aaron Neville) Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle) I.O.U (Jimmy Dean) Moon River (Andy Williams) Moon Dance (Van Morrison) 'Til The End Of Time (Perry Como) Through The Years (Kenny Rogers) Have I Told You Lately (Rod Stewart) Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion) Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel) Unforgettable (Nat King Cole / Natalie Cole) What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstong) In This Life (Bette Midler) You're The Inspiration (Chicago) Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler) Friends (Elton John) Wishing Tree (Sonia Dada) Blessed (Elton John) Hero (Mariah Carey) In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel) A Song For My Son (Steve Moser, Mikki Viereck, Ray Allaire) Sunrise, Sunset (Fiddler On The Roof - Sndtrk) In My Life (The Beatles) Ever I Saw Your face (Roberta Flasck) Greatest Love Of All (Whitney Houston) I Wish You Love (Natalie Cole) Thanks Again (Ricky Skaggs) Stand By Me (Ben E. King) cake cutting music Cut the Cake (Average White Band) I Wanna Grow Old With You (Adam Sandler) How Sweet It Is (James Taylor) Sugar, Sugar (The Archies) Hit me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar) When I'm 64 (The Beatles) Recipe For Love (Harry Connick Jr.) That's Amore' (Dean Martin) Happy Together (The Turtles) Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard) I Got You Babe (Sunny & Cher) Love & Marriage (Frank Sinatra) Oh Yeah! (Yello) Axel F (Harold Faltermeyer) Peter Gunn Theme garter/bouquet music The Stripper (David Rose) Legs (ZZ Top) You Sexy Thing (Hot Chocolate) Oh Yeah! (Yello) Macho Man (Village People) Theme From Mission Impossible (Danny Elfman) Wild Thing (The Troggs or Tone Loc) Let's Get It On (Marvin Gaye) Bad Boys (Inner Circle) Another One Bites The Dust (Queen) Curly Shuffle (Jump n' The Saddle) Kiss (Prince) Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (Rod Stewart) Gimme All Your Lovin' (ZZ Top) Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison) Freak Me (Silk) Hungry Eyes (Eric Carmen) Heaven (Bryan Adams) U Can't Touch This (MC Hammer) Shameless (Garth Brooks) *Girls Night Out (The Judds) *Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper) *Whipped Cream {Dating Game Theme} (Herb Alpert) *Miss America Theme (Various) last dance music Last Dance (Donna Summer) New York, New York (Frank Sinatra) Good Riddance {Time Of Your Life} (Green Day) From This Moment On (Shania Twain & Bryan White) Save The Best For Last (Vanessa Williams) Wonderful Tonight (David Kersh) Could I Have This Dance (Anne Murray) You're Still The One (Shania Twain) Closing Time (Semisonic) Unforgettable (Nat King Cole / Natalie Cole) I've Had The Time Of My Life (Bill Medly & Jennifer Warnes) How Your Love Makes Me Feel (Diamond Rio) Goodnight, Sweetheart (David Kersh) The Party's Over (Nat King Cole) Goodnight Sweetheart (Spaniels) What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong) The Dance (Garth Brooks) Truly, Madly, Deeply (Savage Garden) Always And Forever (Heatwave) angels vs. demons super heros: (from drew's famous super hero party music) Mighty Mouse Theme Song (Here I Come to Save the Day) Spiderman Theme Batman Theme T-U-R-T-L-E Power! Incredits Superman Theme Go Go Power Rangers Pokemon Theme X-Men Theme Save Me (Theme From Smallville) It's a Bird Boinks & Bops Lets Save the Day terrors: spiders scared of the dark etc. candy (again another dance): I want Candy by Bow Wow Wow Candy's Room by Bruce Springsteen Candy-o by the Cars Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr. Candy Store Rock by Led Zep Candy (Drippin' Like Water) by Snoop Dog Candy Floss by Wilco So Like Candy by Elvis Costello Candy Says by Velvet Underground Candyman by Christina Aguilera on the goodship lollipop
By ifdancecouldkill
On 04/27/2009 07:47:01
I really like the wedding theme
By shellbelle
On 06/06/2009 21:31:48
We just finished our recital - Circus Theme Barnum Medley I want to be a lion tamer How many clowns can you cram in a car Edward the Tap dancing elephant Flying Trapeze Tears of a clown Send in the Clowns Dancing poodles Wee Rockettes Circus - Britney Spears Make em laugh Anything you can do I can do better Hello Kitty Kat Jack in the box Animal crackers Tiger Rag Sugar Sugar Monkeyback Be a clown Farewell to the Circus Now I am working on next years, and we want to do something similar to dancing with the stars with all types of dance music, ideas?
By lis
On 06/11/2009 10:12:55
Does anybody have any good jazz, hiphop and musical theatre songs for a circus theme?
By lis
On 06/11/2009 11:39:07
For villian songs you could do music from Harry Potter, the themes that are dangerous sounding. Also from the movie Enchanted, for the little ones the music is dangerous sounding when the witch comes on. How about some real strong rock music for the tap numbers. Something from Kiss?
By millysmommy
On 06/12/2009 14:44:31
A couple years ago we did a dinosaurs and dragons theme- It was so much fun, especially the costumes. Some of the music we used was: Bop bop Dinosaur Disco Dinosaur Puff the magic dragon Do the dragon (From dragon tales) A t-rex named sue Look what followed me home Jurassic park theme I want to learn about dinosaurs Once upon a time ago T-rex boogie The stegosaurus song Colossal Fossil Dino beat Walk like a dinosaur Those are only a few we used - Once we started looking for song ideas we were amazed by how many dinosaur songs actually exist, And the little boys really loved this theme.
By Lievehobbes
On 06/12/2009 17:43:06
Does anybody have any good jazz, hiphop and musical theatre songs for a circus theme?
Do you know jeux d'enfants? It's of Cirque du Soleil from the show Alegria. You can't get more circus than that ;) www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHU0OjVhvPA
By millysmommy
On 06/12/2009 23:58:44
Does any one have any ideas for songs to a gemstones/Jewels theme? - Especially faster tempo songs.
By Lievehobbes
On 06/13/2009 03:34:30
Does any one have any ideas for songs to a gemstones/Jewels theme? - Especially faster tempo songs.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend?
By steph64673
On 06/17/2009 15:17:39
What kind of commercial's did you do?
By Gene12
On 07/15/2009 22:24:34
I read the songs for father/daughter theme...but i am doing a jazz dance and those songs are slow, does anyone have a song with a fast beat for intermediate level, 10-14. This thread is AWESOME!!!!
By darlin_dancer
On 07/15/2009 22:28:03
Gene12, What about something like "My Guy"? Could be really cute.
By JazzyOne
On 07/21/2009 22:34:58
SPORTS: Posted about it Monday but decided to post it on this thread just in case someone else needed it. :) Okay, I been working on this pretty much all day! Here is a list I came up with so far, just in case you may need it, any other songs you can think of? BasketBall: Now Or Never-HSM....Get Your Head In The Game-HSM Golf: Don't Mean A Thing If You Aint Got That Swing... The Golf Song- The Arrogant Worms Baseball- Take Me Out To The Ball Game...Centerfield-John Fagerty... I Don't Dance-HSM... Swing-Trace Adkins Football- Football Rock-Randy Crenshaw Cheer- Hey Mickey... Lets hear it for the boys- footloose soundtrack...Bend & Snap-Legally Blonde Hockey- Ice Ice Baby...I Want To Drive The Zamboni Surfing- Catch Your Wave- The Click Five...Wipeout...Rollercoaster Ride-Lilo & Stitch Swim- Waterloo-Mama Mia.... Track: Marathon- Rush...Take It On The Run- REO Speedwagon... Run It- Chris Brown, Born To Run-Bruce Springfield Motocross: Kickstart my heart- motley crue (needs editing) Dirtbike Rider-Hot Action Cop Nascar: Nascar Chicks-Tony Justice... Rocking Little Roadster-Cars Soundtrack...Highway Star-Buckcherry Archery: Bullseye-Aly AJ Fishing: Too many fish in the sea- Marvettes Fight: Kung Fu Fighting...Beat It- MJ... Boxing: Hit me with your best shot- Pat Benatar Soccer- Move Your Feet- Junior Senior Biycle:?? Rodeo: Rodeo-Garth Brooks... 8 second rider- Chris Ledeoux... How may tears (rodeo girl credits)(found it on youtube)- Juice Newton... Big Bull Rider-Toby Keith. Bowling: Lets Bowl- Grease 2 Referee: Referee- Karl Wolf Fencing: ?? Skateboard?? EXTRAS: Push it to the limit- Corbin Blu...Winner Take it all. MOST of the songs, I found on AMAZON.COM under mp3 downloads. Thank you to the pevious posters you helped me out! If I come up with more I will post. Time for a break!!
By LuLuM
On 07/28/2009 04:18:00
Hi I know there has already been a post about a 'circus' theme but I was wondering for those of you who have done the circus theme; 1. what circus characters and acts did you put to which pieces of music 2.which CD's did you get your music from? Thanks for any help
By xlindzx
On 07/30/2009 13:08:14
Chariots of fire
By xlindzx
On 07/30/2009 13:09:04
Chariots of fire
By teamup
On 07/31/2009 09:49:46
I did this and it was my favorite theme. We did a section for each season! I loved it. Good luck! GIRL FOR ALL SEASONS FROM GREASE II 2 Growing Better from strawberry shortcake 3 Let the Rain Fall Down 4 Singin’ in the Rain 5 I Put the Zing in Spring from Strawberry shortcake 6 Ain’t Gonna Rain No More 7 Rainbow Connection 8 Hot, Hot, Hot 9 The Heat is On 10 Car Wash 11 Bikini Bottom 12 Yankee Doodle 13 Hot Stuff 14 12 Step 15 Put Me in Coach CALENDAR GIRLS 17 First Day of Autumn 18 Cool it Now 19 Crazy Little Thing Called Love 20 Autumn Goodbye 21 Colors of the Wind 22 Suzy Snowflake 23 Ice, Ice Baby 24 Cold Day in July 25 California Dreamer 26 My Only Wish This Year 27 Cold As Ice 28 I Enjoy Being a Girl Every Season (by a christian artist)
By reneep
On 08/11/2009 10:04:14
Does anyone know hip hop songs for a school theme? The kids are 10-12
By twirl4ever1
On 08/20/2009 08:42:25
I need some good ideas for songs about different types of weather for a baton twirling halftime routine, any ideas???
By kcampb7
On 08/22/2009 12:28:15
We just did the heroes and villians theme and went very well. Just think outside the box so that you don't get stuck on the "hero" or "villian" word. someday my prince will come- Disney Princess cd Go the Distance- Hercules Corella DeVille- 101 Dalmations Love Potion #9 You'll Be in my heart Hold My Hand big bad wolf Dangerous Mix daddy's little girl Independent Women James Bond Four Minutes to save the world Ain't Nothing Wrong- they were thieves in a store:) Football- used our local football song and went into hip-hop superman- lyrical Spiderman Pink Panther LaGrange- country sheriff's Witch Dr. Fabulous- from High School Musical (they were shopaholics Put a Spell Phantom Love Story Army mix I want to Dance with Somebody- wall flowers and the boys saved them:) Hope this helps
By joss_edf
On 08/23/2009 16:27:20
Any song ideas for "Going to the Movies" theme???
By taps2much
On 08/23/2009 20:59:37
This were what we did for out "Let's Go To The Movies" recital (Musical theater program so some of these were vocal numbers)not in the exact order because my memory isn't too sharp. Let's Go to The Movies -Annie Lion King medly: Circle of Life, Just Can't Wait to Be King, Can You feel the Love tonight, Hakuna Matata My Best friends wedding Medly: Wishin' and hopein', Say a little prayer for you, the way you look tonight Soul Bossa Nova- Austin Powers King of New York- Newsies Moses Supposes - Singing in the Rain Book of Love Hairy Potter soundtrack (we did a 20 min ballet segment set to the music of Hairy Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban) When your the best of friends (pre-k with teddy bears) -Fox and the Hound Never Never Land and I won't grow up -Peter Pan Only Hope - Walk to remember Men in Black- Men in Black Back to School Again- Grease 2 Footloose Medley: Footloose, I need a hero, let's hear it for the boy. And We're dancing -Center Stage Mission Impossible theme Lady Marmalade Chicago, Ilinois -Victor Victoria Music of MGM medley: That's entertainment, San Fransisco, Trolly Song, Good Morning, Somewhere over the rainbow, be a clown, singing in the rain. I won't say I'm in love and A star is Born -Hurcules Flinstones Theme Pink Panther theme Time of my Life- Dirty Dancing
By jenntertainment
On 08/23/2009 21:23:31
I am working on a "Poetry in Motion" theme right now...songs that were originally poems, inspired by poems, or play on words. I have a few songs selected already, but I am looking for more. Wordplay (Jason Mraz) The Body Electric (Fame) A Day for the Cat in the Hat (Seussical the Musical) The Jellicle Ball (Cats) Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen (Baz Lurhman) A Life Uncommon (Jewel) Prayer of the Children (?) Uptown (Wild Party)
By Gene12
On 08/25/2009 11:43:37
thank you darlin_dancer!!! Now i am doing a dance like of men going to work, i need a very fast song, for teenage girls. They use blazers and enter with briefcases.
By pirouette19
On 08/26/2009 09:25:42
Does anyone have farm animal song? I need a chicken song for 15 years old pointe and a pig and a cow song for kids and anything more you can think of! Thank you!
By nodoubt_dancer
On 09/05/2009 18:39:31
I need song ideas for animals. Preferably animals that are blue-ish and nothing cliche like lions or elephants. All those are taken. I'm already using barracudas, lobsters, poison dart frogs, lightning bugs, hyenas and blue footed boobies (no I didn't pick that one my boss told me I would use it but I laughed and thought of DDN as soon as she told me.) So any suggestions would be MOST appreciated because we have to set everything immediately.
By dancer5232
On 09/11/2009 13:36:50
does anyone have any ideas for a Hollywood theme?
By dancer5232
On 09/11/2009 13:37:10
does anyone have any ideas for a Hollywood theme?
By InfiniteHorizon
On 09/14/2009 09:27:41
Diamonds are a Girls best Friend!!
By COMPCOORDINATOR
On 09/14/2009 19:27:52
what about for a broadway theme? song suggestions ??
By RisingStarsDance
On 09/19/2009 22:46:37
CELEBRATION THEME! I still need more songs, specifically pre-dance and older ballet Here's what I have so far (in no order what so ever) Be Our Guest from Beauty & the Beast Going To The Chapel Party In the USA by Miley Cirus Ladies Night from The Best Of Kool & The Gang Locomotion Live to Party by the Jonas Brothers Party Like a Rock Star from Kidz Bop Greatest Hits Party at Mickey’s House from Mickey Mouse Club House The Perfect Princess Tea Party Dancing In the Streets It’s My Party Mickey’s party bus Celebrate Good Times
By LilEmz10
On 09/27/2009 01:41:32
The theme songs for my fave shows are: iCarly - Leave it all to me(feat. Josh peck) Hannah Montana - Best of both worlds Wizards of waverly place - Everything is not what it seems and last but defiantly not least Sonny with a chance - So far So great I dont know the 1 4 the Suite life on Deck
By kristina919
On 10/12/2009 12:03:31
ANyone got suggestions for ballet songs (with words) for a candy/sweets theme.. running out of ideas, especially for the little ones..
By everyones_a_star
On 10/13/2009 12:32:41
^^ "Toot Sweets" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
By lyric328
On 10/24/2009 12:30:54
I am doing a "New Beginnings" Theme. It is my first year and am having a hard time finding enough faster, upbeat songs. THANKS!
By GetRhythm
On 11/11/2009 08:07:59
Star Songs (someone else was looking for these, so I thought I'd add the list I suggested to her here) Jazz/Tap "All Star" - Smash Mouth "I'm a Star" - Jeremih "Rockstar" - Prima J "Stars" - Switchfoot "Video Killed the Radio Star" - The Buggles "Lucky Star" - Madonna "Star Wars Theme" - lots of remixes of this "Star Trek Theme" - also a lot of remixes "On Broadway" - George Benson Ballet "The Rose" - Bette Midler "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" "Astronaut" - The Cranes (Beautiful song. I always thought it sounded very spacey, and I guess that's why it's called "Astronaut". Could have a class of "shooting stars" perhaps? You can listen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwOYB5UzGk and the CD on Amazon is here - http://www.amazon.com/Particles-Waves-CD-Bonus-DVD/dp/B000AE8FVC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257951308&sr=1-5) "Stardust" - Nat King Cole "Starry Starry Night" - Don McLean "Good Morning Starshine" - Oliver (there's also a good version on the Hair soundtrack) "Evergreen" - Barbara Streisand (theme from A Star is Born)
By lovetoteachtoo
On 11/11/2009 19:50:39
I like the star song idea- what would you name the recital? Any good little kid star songs? (:
By GetRhythm
On 11/11/2009 20:50:47
The one who had asked for star songs said that her theme was "Baby I'm a Star". For little ones.... "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" "When You Wish Upon a Star" "Swinging on a Star" "Reach for the Stars" (S Club 7) Another song I forgot about for older ones: "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind & Fire and "Five Star Chick" by Yo Gotti
By faerydust00
On 11/13/2009 07:59:37
So my thought for this year was to do "Praise Him with the Dance"--its our first recital for a tiny program, all of our dancers are under 12. Here's what I have: opener: 7 Ways to Praise creative movement: He's Got the Whole World in His Hands K-1 tap: The Cartoon Song (Chris Rice) 2nd-4th ballet: Untitled Hymn 2nd-4th grade jazz: The Word Was closer: Praise Him with the Dance I still need K-1 ballet 2nd-4th tap. I'd like songs about praise or about dance (preferably Christian)...
By ndn_dance
On 11/19/2009 23:52:51
For around the world I used: Africa (Toto or Karl Wolf-AFRICA) Rasputin (Boney M - RUSSIA) Macarena (Los Del Rio -VENEZULA) Ojas Asi (Shakira - BRAZIL) Swingin' Safari (Billy Vaughn -SOUTH AFRICA) Scotland the Brave (I used real bagpipes and then a techno version) The Chicken Dance (Blue Man Group - GERMANY) 5,6,7,8 (CANADA) Kung Foo Fighting (Kool & the Gang CHINA) I Think Im Turning Japanese (Vapors JAPAN) Hot Hot Hot (SOUTH AMERICA) Lion Sleeps Tonight (Tokens KENYA)
By dancindiva
On 11/20/2009 10:46:29
I need some help. Our Recital Theme this year is going to be something like the VMA's. I am usually excited about broad themes like this because I can pick pretty much anything, but this year I am just not having any luck. Most of my kids are younger so I dont think a lot of the POP that is out there right now is so appropriate for them...does anyone have suggestions for me? My routines are: Jazz- 8-10 year olds (approx.) Jazz- 6-8 year olds Tap-6-12 year olds Preschool Acro- 5-7 year olds Acro- 7-10 year olds Acro- 10-12 year olds I get all my best songs from dance.net!!! HELP! :)
By dancingkakes
On 12/19/2009 12:37:53
Do you guys have any ideas for a puppet or doll on a music box themes? Maybe something instrumental with a sound like someones winding up a music at the begining? And for the puppet theme maybe something a little darker. Thanks for all those great ideas too!! :)
By DANCERLORRI
On 02/01/2010 18:20:06
Some great ideas..I am in need of ideas for ballets songs for a sea crusie theme. Looking for younger dancers- ages 5-8..any help is greatly appreciated :)
By OffCentre
On 03/15/2010 07:49:42
Hey guys. I am needing some help... I am wanting to do a "haunted Mansion" theme for my concert this year and I need some help on songs and different things I can do it in... All I know it that I wanna use the song Nightmare as a contemporary on pointe... And I wanna have 2 students as little kids with a lanton walking into the mansion and to be on stage at all times... I am planning on having 2 large iron gates then on the back stage an old stair case... And I wanna do a dance where there are large picture frames and the students are inside them and then they start dancing like the printings are coming to life... I just need idea's on where to go with it
By dancindiva
On 03/25/2010 19:25:21
We did sea cruise last year..... some songs we used were: sail away somewhere over the rainbow part of your world- younger dancers falling slowly- it was pointe lost- i think was more lyrical cold water- was more modern but pretty song ireland-just used some fun irish music it was actually really cute We didnt focus so much on the sea aspect as we did things and places you might go on a cruise...lol hope that helps a little
By dancindiva
On 03/25/2010 19:28:02
OOPS
By dancindiva
On 03/25/2010 19:31:06
I think ramma lamma would be kinda cute because its kinda creepy
By JazzDancer63
On 04/07/2010 17:41:47
I had asked last year if anyone had ever done a theme using Peoples Names and I had many of you reply that you hadn't but gave me many great suggestions of songs to use. Well my show is in about a month and I wanted to share the songs I choose. I am calling it The Name Game and starting with the song by that name and then I am also using the following 5 Guys named Mo Proud Mary (from Glee) Cotton Eyed Joe Major Tom Mr. Roboto Iris Diamond Dave Roxie Black Betty El Tango Roxanne mixed with the Police version of Roxanne Cecelia Hey Mickey Check Yes Juliet A Beatles mix (just way to many songs to pick only one) Lucy in the Sky, Get Back Jo Jo, Polythene Pam, Lady Madonna, Eleanor Rigby and Hey Jude Say My Name Whats Your Name Everytime I hear your name When I get my name in Lights Thats not my name Mambo #5
By MSJangelz
On 04/18/2010 21:29:23
Hi everyone, Trying to find a theme for concert and thinking a travel, dance around the world theme could be good. My school incorporates almost every style: song&dance, musical theatre, jazz, tap, acting, singing, hip hop, contemporary, lyrical, ballet, pointe. We have a lot of singing classes as well as dance so need to find stuff to suit. Any suggestions appreciated! So far got ideas of: NEW YORK New York, New York Empire State of Mind PARIS Phantom of the Opera Moulin Rouge Can Can AFRICA Welcome to the Jungle AUSTRALIA I Still Call Australia Home Maybe to incorporate more current songs for hip hop or song&dance, I could make it a travel theme, that way maybe they could go to a concert of Miley Cyrus or Britney or something. Or even go to watch the recording of a tv show/video awards show. Please help Also a title is needed!
By ems427
On 04/19/2010 10:34:32
My studio is doing a Transportation theme for next year. Does anyone have any good hip-hop ideas? I have all ages, from beginners all the way up through adults.
By Dylade
On 05/26/2010 19:10:23
to ndn_dance: Shakira is from Colombia not Brazil.
By dncetchr
On 07/22/2010 10:59:20
try different villian and hero songs from disney...
By jenntertainment
On 08/09/2010 21:50:29
Scheming about a theme that goes through an entire day, from waking up, going to school, going to dance class, falling asleep, etc. Meager thoughts so far, suggestions welcome! Java Jive (waking up) Splish-Splash/Singin' in the Rain (taking a shower) Bicycle (on the road) A-B-C-1-2-3/School Days (at school) Get Your Head in the Game (recess) 9-5 (at work) Suppertime Sweet Dreams
By CoachT
On 08/23/2010 20:19:29
Looking for music for a MAIL theme. all ideas welcome :) Thanks
By CoachT
On 08/24/2010 09:18:13
Thanks Cheer :) I had those but the bills one is a good idea :) I told my kids to look for ideas too - we will see what they come up with!
By ms_sherri
On 08/26/2010 17:02:01
OK so I've looked through the WHOLE post and can't find what I'm looking for. My studio is doing "Once Upon a Time" and I need a jazz song for 9-10 year olds. I'm already using Little Red Riding Hood by Bowling for Soup for Tap but I can't seem to find a jazz song. It doesn't necessarily need to be a song from a movie or story but if it somehow tells a story in the song, that would be great.
By CoachT
On 08/26/2010 21:14:19
What about the soundtrack from Enchanted? I haven't heard the entire cd but what I have is cute - there might be somehting there.
By swattsROCKSsocks
On 08/27/2010 10:23:58
We have done loads of themes, and we also use props to fit the dances to make it different! we have done ROCK: we will rock you, queen let me entertain you, robbie williams live and let die, guns and roses bohemiem rhapsody, queen. FIREMEN: firestarter fire burning, sean kingston Great balls of fire HAIRDRESSERS: 9-5 music from hairspray the musical five colours in her hair, mcfly beauty school drop out LES MISERABLES SWEETS I want candy toot sweets, chitty bang bang My boy lollypop Candyman the candyman can, charlie and the chocolate factory. GEEKS Big bang theory worried about ray HIPPIES: Age of aquarius Let the sunshine Kum by yah Austin powers I want to be a hippy ARMY: the a-team chopper JAKYLL AND HYDE music from the musical PEARL HARBOUR: Music and sound clips from the film/era Boogie woogie bugle boy THE MOVIES: Universal film intro lets go to the movies hollywood And for the different genres: HORROR- Alton towers theme ACTION- rocky COMEDY- laughing policeman LOVE- titanic theme SCI-FI- star wars. I need a theme for this year, but it needs to be VERY original. I have been inspired by a lot of lyrical hip-hop recently. Need something similar to lizzie and mark's week one dance, on the british version of so you think you can dance. its on you-tube!!
By StudioSally
On 08/28/2010 18:37:39
Ms Sherri. You can Mix songs to fit. One of my favorites was sleeping beauty. It started with the musicfrom the movie and when my sleeping beauty was about to touch thespindle can't touch this came on. They girls danced to thet for a while then there was an expert from the movie that came one then when the sleeping beauty ouched it and passed out averl lavignes wake up came on then after another expert the cheetah girls version of someday my prince will come started. It was super cute and told the whole story
By MissShannon1217
On 09/11/2010 21:23:17
any ideas for a show with a toy store theme? we're doing it almost like toy story, where the toys and games come to life after the store closes - any help or suggestions is appreciated!! =)
By MissMich0614
On 09/17/2010 11:55:18
We're doing a theme based on giving back...I am using "Be the change" by Cory Smith for my lyrical class...but I need help finding something for my int. jazz and beg. tap class. Any thoughts?
By RisingStarsDance
On 09/23/2010 12:29:06
SWEETS (no particular order) Be Our Guest Good Ship Lollipop Animal Crackers My Boy Lollipop (I love u, I love u, I love you so) Cotton Candy – Mister Rhythm Friendship Cake Strawberry Shortcake Spoonful of Sugar I Want Candy (Aaron Carter) Pure Imagination from Wili Wonka (original is Gene Wilder) Lollipop by Tiffany Giardina Build Me Up Buttercup Id've Baked A Cake Hot Chocolate from Polar Express Sugar Plum Fairy from Nutcracker Suga Suga Sugar Pie Honey Bunch Sugar Sugar (you are my candy girl) Candy Man (several versions) – (Sammy Davis Jr. or Christina Aguilera) Toot Sweets from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I still need more songs... 3 & 4 year old tap (preferably something they can sing) Jazz class with Upper-elementary kids Jazz class with middle schoolers Lyrical
By BalletRocker
On 09/23/2010 19:53:45
We're doing a theme based on giving back...I am using "Be the change" by Cory Smith for my lyrical class...but I need help finding something for my int. jazz and beg. tap class. Any thoughts?
Michael Jackson is always a great artist for songs about 'change'. Man in the Mirror and Heal the World are two of my favorites. I know they don't compliment the styles your looking for but it may lead you to some new thoughts for songs.
By BalletRocker
On 09/23/2010 20:03:29
I too am looking for some recital songs that will compliment my theme "Dancing on the Edge". Looking for song suggestions/ideas mostly for ages 4 - 8 in jazz or tap. I've seen a lot of sharing of great ideas...any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Last year I did 'Dancin' thru the Decades' and am happy to offer songs to anyone interested.
By dncr90
On 09/24/2010 08:34:10
I've seen on here that some have done a "calendar" theme. But there are not many song ideas. Does anyone have any calendar theme song ideas. Not days of the week. But more along the lines of months or holidays. (other than the obvious, Christmas, etc.) Maybe something you wouldn't usually think about. Like I saw this song about a yard sale. Thought that might be different to add that in the springtime or something!?
By BalletRocker
On 09/24/2010 08:59:11
What about the song 'Dancing in September' for the fall? And "Oh What a Night" mentions December in the opening line.
By Ivynona
On 09/27/2010 07:28:41
Hi! I am doing Dancin Thru The Decades this year. I would love to see your list of songs and what class performed them. Thank you,
By BalletRocker
On 10/11/2010 16:43:29
Hi! Soooo so sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, I didn't even realize you had wrote this. HEre's what i got.... Hit the Road Jack Combo class For what its worth Modern Rockin Robin Babies tap Stayin Alive Jazz Imagine Contemporary Girl just wanna have fun Combo class Pump up the jam Hip hop Vogue Jazz Everybody dance now! (Sweat) young hip hop Rhythm Nation Finale There are a few more but can't think of them right now. hope this helps!
By BalletRocker
On 10/11/2010 16:46:44
Hi! I am doing Dancin Thru The Decades this year. I would love to see your list of songs and what class performed them. Thank you,
Forgot to attach who my post was for! Still learning....
By KatieMSE
On 10/12/2010 07:23:15
I am a new dance teacher and I need some help with some music for our recital. Our recital theme is Celebration. I need help with my creative movement classes, I need some songs for them as well as opening songs and a song for handing out medals.
By RisingStarsDance
On 10/13/2010 07:47:00
I am a new dance teacher and I need some help with some music for our recital. Our recital theme is Celebration. I need help with my creative movement classes, I need some songs for them as well as opening songs and a song for handing out medals.
Opening I did I Just Want To Celebrate Finale I did Celebrate Good Times PreDance Class (3 year olds) did Party at Mickey's House & It's My Party Hope that helps!
By MissShannon1217
On 10/14/2010 15:30:51
For your "Dancing on the Edge" theme, try "Tightrope" by Janelle Monae, its really funky and could work for either tap or jazz. Good luck! =)
By ClaudiaReed
On 12/09/2010 17:46:48
We used a Monopoly theme with our costumes one time where each routine was a color on the monopoly board.
By StudioSally
On 12/12/2010 15:23:46
MissStivi, faith hill has a song called fireflies that is really cute and would fit your theme great!!
By can_danz
On 12/14/2010 06:04:08
Hi all, can you please help me with R&B or Hip hop songs to fit the Evolution theme?
By Danielledadancer
On 01/01/2011 22:15:33
we are also doing the newspaper theme....does anyone have any other ideas for songs, all styles and ages.... anyone have any ideas for current events?? any suggestions would be great! thanks bunches!
By zumbaanddance
On 01/10/2011 21:25:01
Back to School from Grease 2
By zumbaanddance
On 01/10/2011 21:27:41
R.O.C.K in the USA Walk Like an Egyptian Africa (remix by Karl Wolf) China Doll
By MissMich0614
On 01/12/2011 10:38:30
Such a great thread I'm looking for a jazz song for an interm. jazz ages 13-16 theme is god bless america(deidcation to america/troops since it will be 10 years since 9/11 this year) Song does not necessarily have to say america or usa in it(but it can) as long as it incorporates the ideas of what we are all about
By Panda_Bear
On 01/12/2011 13:16:52
^^ for the production number, thorughly modern millie from throughly modern millie, razzel dazzel them from chicago
By BalletRocker
On 01/14/2011 07:22:14
we are also doing the newspaper theme....does anyone have any other ideas for songs, all styles and ages.... anyone have any ideas for current events?? any suggestions would be great! thanks bunches!
How about the song "Sing, Sing, Sing"? I remember when i was younger we did a dance to this but it was called "News, news, news". We had newspapers for props and the old 'newsies' costumes.
By Dancer14Grace
On 02/20/2011 13:12:21
I know that this is late, but you could have used Kerli's "Walking on Air" Check it out and eventually do a dance to it. Its a great song :)
By tappinlaura
On 02/22/2011 15:51:53
Doll or Music Box suggestions: Music Box Dancer (instrumental) Doll on a Music Box/Truly Scrumptious from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Are my ears on straight? (for little ones and has a Christmas theme to it.)
By MSJangelz
On 02/22/2011 17:32:17
Thinking of a Musical Theatre theme - but stuck for ideas particularly on Hip Hop Classes (we have little hip hops 4-7 and then 7-12 then 12-15 and Adult) and even Song & Dance classes (who normallly do very modern music) - could we do Glee? Its not a stage show though but maybe I may have to be a little flexible! Any other class suggestions appreciated! We do acro, jazz/tap, ballet, tini musical theatre, musical theatre, singing, modelling. Thanks!
By SunshineLover
On 02/22/2011 18:16:27
We did Halloween Theme recital (well demo performance for free just for parents) used the following songs- Ghostbusters (original for pre-school, techno mix for a hip-hop class) Thriller Monster Mash Devil Woman Theme from Saw Exorcist Theme Addam's Family A Little Bit of Poison Dance Macabre (think thats how it's spelt) Harry Potter Theme A hip-hop version of Incy Wincy Spider Poison Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead I cannot remember the rest but I probably have the full list somewhere.
By sharie742
On 03/22/2011 22:26:22
my theme is dancing outside the box.... i need a good opening number song as well as ideas... any help would be great
By Claire_B
On 04/27/2011 23:33:26
Hi all, what a great threaOur theme this year is a story set in space, my classes are all supposed to 'evil' or something along the lines. So far I have: Purple People Eater - 6-8 yr old tap Mean Green Mother From OuterSpace - Senior Jazz But I am so stuck on my other two classes, a 6-10 yr old jazz class and 8-10 yr old tap class. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! The songs don't necassarily have to relate to space, just evil sounding I guess!
By Claire_B
On 04/27/2011 23:39:33
Also I may as well post some previous themes we have done... On Broadway The Jellicle cats - senior contemporary Roxy Heart - Senior Tap Spoon full of sugar - junior ballet Welcome to the 60's - junior jazz fame - junior jazz Memories - junior ballet Beach Festival Heatwave - Intermediate Jazz Summer Holiday - Junior jazz Star Tar - junior tap Come buy an icecream - junior tap Sailors Hornpipe - junior tap yellow polka dot bikini - junior tap spybreak - senior jazz (they were pirates) That's all I can remember at the moment!
By misvic5678
On 07/01/2011 09:14:26
Hey everyone, this year we are doing "dancing through the decades" I know its a fairly easy theme, but what have you used??
By Claire_B
On 07/01/2011 18:32:47
Hey everyone, this year we are doing "dancing through the decades" I know its a fairly easy theme, but what have you used??
We did that theme a couple of years ago, only it was 100 years of dancing. My classes were: Junior Jazz - spice up your life Junior Tap - Monster Mash Primary Ballet - Music was called ballet chicks in their shells, but we called it bathing beauties, set it in 40's with the old fashioned bathers, it was very cute. Senior Jazz classes did mostly modern songs from this decade. Beginner Jazz - Dancing Queen Inter Tap - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Inter Tap - Thouroughly Modern Millie (sorry abour spelling!) Senior Jazz - Viva las Vegas, or you could use any Elvis song really Inter Jazz - Surfing Safari Junior Jazz - Locomotion or Material Girl
By BalletRocker
On 07/04/2011 19:51:21
I did this one last year...here are a few: 50s/60s?? Hit the Road Jack 70s Stayin' Alive Imagine 80s Girls just wanna have fun We got the Beat 90s Vogue Rhythmn Nation Everybody Dance Now
By MrEd3000
On 07/09/2011 21:48:49
Newspaper Theme Suggestion: The Typewriter Song by Leroy Anderson
By MrEd3000
On 07/09/2011 21:52:15
Salt Peanuts - Pointer Sisters American Bandstand - Barry Manilow Tutti Frutti - Little Richard It Don't Mean a Thing if It Aint Got that Swing
By ktzanetop
On 07/24/2011 18:27:38
We are doing dancing through the decades and would LOVE some of your ideas!!! I'm at a block for jazz numbers!!!
By KBDance09
On 07/29/2011 13:14:50
Do you have any suggestions for a Dancin' Through the Decades theme? Especially a younger kids' lyrical.
By nicca184
On 08/17/2011 12:08:15
For the Gold Theme - Black and Gold by Sam Sparro.. it's an awesome song
By nicca184
On 08/17/2011 12:09:39
For the Dream theme... Dream within a dream by wade robson is good
By nicca184
On 08/17/2011 12:11:17
Circus theme look up Circus, studio version on youtube by britney.. it's pretty cool and you can DL it
By nicca184
On 08/17/2011 12:16:52
I'm looking for hip hop songs for an advanced group of girls that had a jungle sort of theme... it doesn't necessarily have to be a jungle song but something with that sort of beat that could be used for a hip hop dance. Or like a maneater sort of song...!
By nicca184
On 08/17/2011 13:55:47
Also looking for hip hop songs for a military/army sort of theme... !
By DanceNPsych
On 08/23/2011 19:43:04
Any jazz song ideas for a theme about being "crazy/insane?" Something dark or creepy would be great! I've had no luck. If it helps, the girls will be in straight jackets and maybe in cages, too.
By DanceNPsych
On 08/23/2011 19:46:22
nicca184- have you looked at something like Bird Flu by Mia? It's got a great beat to it. Hope that helps!
By KangarooPaw
On 08/28/2011 20:02:31
DanceNPsych... try "Outta Your Mind" by Lil Jon. It's hip hop and there is an edited, clean version out there. So be careful not to accidentally get the unedited version...lol. Our studio did it last year and they were crazy people too. Everyone loved it. They won tons of stuff.
By aliciawhitaker
On 09/02/2011 21:21:21
does anyone have any song ideas for a theme of "dancer's inspiration"
By DanceNPsych
On 09/03/2011 17:09:14
KangarooPaw- thanks! I definitely will download right now! I haven't even thought about that song, but I'll be sure to catch the clean one! :) DancingJewels- try searching for "jungle" or some variation on itunes. I just tried, and it brought up some hip hop songs. You may find something you like!
By DanceNPsych
On 09/03/2011 17:17:59
aliciawhitaker- have you thought about Christian songs? Sometimes they have some great inspirational songs, that aren't focused on worship and praise. You could try the artist Plumb. If religion isn't your preference, then maybe Beautiful by Christina Aigulara or something like Miley Cyrus' The Climb. (for lyrical). Google search is useful, too!
By BalletRocker
On 09/22/2011 10:11:03
I'm thinking of a "Live and Let Dance" theme this year...any suggestions or ideas? Any songs are appreciated!
By Jazztap678
On 11/28/2011 14:13:54
Just to add to Jungle or Animal theme, Tiger Feet by Mud
By GetRhythm
On 11/30/2011 14:25:46
dantz_tutu: Try "Happy Feet" by Baz Luhrmann. It has nothing to do with the movie. It's on his album "Something For Everybody". [youtube]R3QRLcTeeo4[/youtube]
By DCA
On 12/28/2011 22:35:52
Jive Bunny Mega Mixes
By linnieb
On 12/31/2011 07:42:33
I have been through all the pages and have seen this mentioned a few times but not a lot of responses. I have an acro trio that want to be puppets or marionettes that come to life. Does anyone have a song for this - ages are 8-12, not looking for dark or creepy. Thanks
By DCA
On 12/31/2011 09:19:28
There is a very old movie with Dick Van Dyke that has a cute song for that. There are actually wind up sounds and music box music too. I think it may be "Babes in Toyland" but I am not sure. The scene is with Van Dyke and a girl dancing for a king pretending to be a wind up toy and music box dancer.
By xjustdance_
On 12/31/2011 21:32:22
There is a very old movie with Dick Van Dyke that has a cute song for that. There are actually wind up sounds and music box music too. I think it may be "Babes in Toyland" but I am not sure. The scene is with Van Dyke and a girl dancing for a king pretending to be a wind up toy and music box dancer.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: "Doll on the Music Box/Truly Scrumptious(Reprise)" I love Dick Van Dyke!
By dancergal2
On 01/02/2012 20:49:45
We are doing a Junior Ballet theme - Nursery Rhymes. There are 6 different groups all needing separate songs. Does anyone have any song suggestions?
By BalletRocker
On 01/11/2012 10:10:53
doing a "Live to Dance" theme this year. any jazz song suggestions for 9 - 12 yrs would be greatly appreciated! something upbeat and maybe a little edgy. thanx
By BalletRocker
On 01/11/2012 10:13:04
We are doing a Junior Ballet theme - Nursery Rhymes. There are 6 different groups all needing separate songs. Does anyone have any song suggestions?
itsy bitsy spider by little richard is a fun one!
By GetRhythm
On 01/11/2012 13:17:37
The easiest thing to do is to first pick the nursery rhymes you'd like to use, and then find a song that will work with that "character." For instance, you could do "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and either have one girl be Mary and the rest be sheep, or they could all be Mary and dance with stuffed sheep. You could use "La valse d'Amelie" by Yann Tiersen. It's very lullaby sounding. Or how about "London Bridge Is Falling Down?" You could make a bridge prop or have the girls dance with blue scarves (water). They could dance to "Caribbean Blue" by Enya, which is very "watery" sounding.
By kris2255
On 01/15/2012 14:19:28
" all that sparkles all that shines" theme a pageant im chry for, high school age. im. so. drawing. a. blank. lol any ideas?? thanks
By darcey
On 01/22/2012 06:56:42
I'm looking for songs/music for this year's theme: UNDER THE SEA! Any ideas? Thanks!
By missrobyn87
On 02/18/2012 14:16:40
Hi everyone, I'm looking for songs for our year end recital this year. Our theme is 'The Elements' - i.e. earth, air, fire and water. I need a song for a Mini Hip Hop class (2 boys and 8 girls age 5-8) and a Kinder class (8 girls age 4-5). The Kinder class can be jazz, tap or ballet. Thanks for any suggestions! I've been looking around but haven't found anything I love for these two classes. --Robyn
By DCA
On 02/18/2012 20:54:53
There is a good song from the show Glee. It is a Mash-up of Umbrella and Singing in the Rain. It has a great beat and would be great for the Hip Hop group. Also there is a song called "Trickle Trickle Splash Splash" by Manhattan Transfer. That maybe over the heads of the Kinder class, but a great song for the theme.
By MissJamie
On 02/27/2012 20:50:03
For recital this year we are doing When I Grow Up and all the songs have to deal with jobs. Here are some of the songs we are using. -Signed Sealed Delivered (Postman) -Chez Paris (Chef) -Someday Ill Be Miss America (Beauty Queen) -ABC (teacher) -Build Me Up Buttercup (Florist) -So Many Animals (Zoo Keeper) -Stupid Cupid (Match Maker) -Blow (Demolition Specialist) -Built This City (Architects) -Rescue Me (firefighter) -Sneaker Night (Shoe Designer) -Come Fly With Me (Pilot) -Drops of Jupiter (Astronomer) I know there are more but after a long day, I can barley function anymore :)
By JazzDancer63
On 05/18/2012 15:47:42
I am thinking about doing a theme about FAIRYTALES. I only have teenagers and I need mostly upbeat songs. I don't want to necessarily use an actual song from the fairytale but a song that could describe it. For example I have thought about using the song HAIR from the musical to describe Rapunzel and then maybe Shewolf for Little Red Riding Hood. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
By notenoughdance
On 08/06/2012 15:36:46
I know it is early, but my recital theme for 2013 is going to be "Around the World!" I have a few classes starting competitions in November and really need some good song Ideas! I have seen posts about this theme andhave not found exactly what I would like. The songs I still need are for children ages 3-13 (in different classes), for tap, jazz, and ballet/lyrical. I would prefer if the song mentions a countrys name in the title or song, but does not have to! Thanks
By angelgyrll1984
On 09/17/2012 20:15:12
I am looking for songs that would fit a dancing in the streets theme? Any ideas other than the obvious "dancing in the street"
By dancindiva
On 11/08/2012 19:24:25
I could have sworn at one point there was a theme listed with Magic or Disney and I am not seeing it....somone help me out if its here. If not, we are doing "Simply Magical" and having a magical world of Disney type theme :)
By Millivanilli
On 11/14/2012 04:29:06
I need help finding songs to go with the calendar theme!! Any ideas
By ashleyz2010
On 12/18/2012 23:27:30
I am looking for song ideas for recital dances for younger dancers, ages 3-7 and 8-14. Our recital theme is Everybody Dance Now so its very broad. I was looking for song ideas that I could incorporate props into the dance. any ideas? thanks =)
By frenchteacher
On 02/22/2013 17:13:25
Hi guys, I'm looking for songs that match the theme Hollywood/Movie. I need a lot of songs cause I have around 100 dancers. Thank you for your help.
By kaseylk1
On 07/08/2013 13:00:44
So inspired by the new Gatsby soundtrack/movie, so decided to do my whole recital a roaring 20's theme. Any ideas for 20's inspired music, fast and slow songs??
By dancerxx427
On 07/13/2013 09:12:42
Check out the movie soundtrack. A little party never hurt nobody by fergie is a good one. Dancers! I'm doing a dance show this fall about FLYING/airplane theme: Know any good hip hop/dance songs besides airplanes by bob
By dancerxx427
On 07/13/2013 09:13:04
Check out the movie soundtrack. A little party never hurt nobody by fergie is a good one. Dancers! I'm doing a dance show this fall about FLYING/airplane theme: Know any good hip hop/dance songs besides airplanes by bob
Hip Hop
By nicca184
On 08/01/2013 19:00:44
Looking for any suggestions for hip hop themes?? I have 2 advanced comp groups (11-12 and 15-16) that I'm searching for music for. Any help would be very much appreciated! :)
By turningpointeQ
On 10/01/2013 14:42:19
Seasons of love - rent Ice Ice baby/walking in a winter wonderland mash-up Summertime - Porgy and Bess Hide and seek - summer September - fall Singing in the rain - spring
By laurenwood
On 10/05/2013 03:23:20
I am looking for songs to go with a rock and roll or friendship theme. It is for a juveniles section so 9-13 year olds any ideas
By laurenwood
On 10/05/2013 03:25:48
I am looking for songs to go with a rock and roll or friendship theme. It is for a juveniles section so 9-13 year olds any ideas. A good theme idea suitable for all ages would be cheesy party songs like superman, music man, witch doctor, change change slide, macerena, etc.
By Angelina32
On 10/15/2013 08:12:55
Sugar Sugar – The Archies Dizzy – Tommy Roe These Boots Are Made For Walking – Loretta Lynn Pretty Women – Ray Orbison The Lion Sleeps Tonight – The Tokens What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong American Pie – Don McLean Joy To The World – Three Dog Night The Locomotion – Grand Funk Shake Your Booty – KC & The Sunshine Band Mr. Bojangles – Sammie Davis / Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers Kung Fu Fighting – Carol Douglas I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Cliff Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry You Aint Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman Turner Overdrive Hot Stuff – Donna Summer LeFreak – Chick Schools Out – Alice Cooper Message In A Bottle – The Police In The Summer – Car Wash – Rose Royce Lean On Me – Bill Withers
By Angelina32
On 10/15/2013 08:13:07
Sugar Sugar – The Archies Dizzy – Tommy Roe These Boots Are Made For Walking – Loretta Lynn Pretty Women – Ray Orbison The Lion Sleeps Tonight – The Tokens What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong American Pie – Don McLean Joy To The World – Three Dog Night The Locomotion – Grand Funk Shake Your Booty – KC & The Sunshine Band Mr. Bojangles – Sammie Davis / Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers Kung Fu Fighting – Carol Douglas I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Cliff Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry You Aint Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman Turner Overdrive Hot Stuff – Donna Summer LeFreak – Chick Schools Out – Alice Cooper Message In A Bottle – The Police In The Summer – Car Wash – Rose Royce Lean On Me – Bill Withers
By Angelina32
On 10/15/2013 08:24:16
Diva's Ledgens and Rock Stars Theme!!!! DIVA’S *Aretha Franklin RESPECT You Make Me Feel Chain of Fools Freeway of Love *Cher If I Could Turn Back Time Shoop Shoop You Haven’t Seen The Last of Me Woman’s World *Supremes / Diana Ross Chapel of Love No Mountain High Enough Stop! In The Name of Love I’m Coming Out You Keep Me Hanging On Upside Down *Tina Turner Proud Mary *Gloria Estefan Turn The Beat Around Conga 1-2-3 Coming Out Of The Dark Reach *En Vogue Free Your Mind Yesterday *Maiah Carey Vision of Love Anytime You Need A Friend *Beyonce LEDGENS *Chuck Berry Maybellene No Particular Place To Go Nadine *Beach Boys Good Vibrations USA Fun Fun Fun Little Deuce Coupe *Ray Charles Hit The Road Jack Georgia On My Mind *Elton John Spirt In The Sky Crocodile Rock Rocket Man *Billy Joel Only The Good Die Young It’s Still Rock & Roll To Me We Didn't Start The Fire Up Town Girl *Eagles *Little Richard Good Golly Miss Molly Tutti Frutti *Elvis Heartbreak Hotel All Shook Up Don’t Be Cruel *Beatles Hey Jude Id Like To Teach The World Here Comes The Sun *Blues Brothers Soul Man Everybody Needs Somebody Think Gimme Some Lovin *Eric Clapton *Bruce Springsting *Mic Jagger *Stevie Wonder *Prince *Stevie Wonder *Michael Jackson NOTABLE SONGS OF THE 70’S Sugar Sugar – The Archies Dizzy – Tommy Roe These Boots Are Made For Walking – Loretta Lynn Pretty Women – Ray Orbison The Lion Sleeps Tonight – The Tokens What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong American Pie – Don McLean Joy To The World – Three Dog Night The Locomotion – Grand Funk Shake Your Booty – KC & The Sunshine Band Mr. Bojangles – Sammie Davis / Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers Kung Fu Fighting – Carol Douglas I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Cliff Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry You Aint Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman Turner Overdrive Hot Stuff – Donna Summer LeFreak – Chick Schools Out – Alice Cooper Message In A Bottle – The Police In The Summer – Car Wash – Rose Royce Lean On Me – Bill Withers
By Angelina32
On 10/15/2013 08:25:10
Diva's Ledgens and Rock Stars Theme!!!! DIVA�S *Aretha Franklin RESPECT You Make Me Feel Chain of Fools Freeway of Love *Cher If I Could Turn Back Time Shoop Shoop You Haven�t Seen The Last of Me Woman�s World *Supremes / Diana Ross Chapel of Love No Mountain High Enough Stop! In The Name of Love I�m Coming Out You Keep Me Hanging On Upside Down *Tina Turner Proud Mary *Gloria Estefan Turn The Beat Around Conga 1-2-3 Coming Out Of The Dark Reach *En Vogue Free Your Mind Yesterday *Maiah Carey Vision of Love Anytime You Need A Friend *Beyonce LEDGENS *Chuck Berry Maybellene No Particular Place To Go Nadine *Beach Boys Good Vibrations USA Fun Fun Fun Little Deuce Coupe *Ray Charles Hit The Road Jack Georgia On My Mind *Elton John Spirt In The Sky Crocodile Rock Rocket Man *Billy Joel Only The Good Die Young It�s Still Rock & Roll To Me We Didn't Start The Fire Up Town Girl *Eagles *Little Richard Good Golly Miss Molly Tutti Frutti *Elvis Heartbreak Hotel All Shook Up Don�t Be Cruel *Beatles Hey Jude Id Like To Teach The World Here Comes The Sun *Blues Brothers Soul Man Everybody Needs Somebody Think Gimme Some Lovin *Eric Clapton *Bruce Springsting *Mic Jagger *Stevie Wonder *Prince *Stevie Wonder *Michael Jackson NOTABLE SONGS OF THE 70�S Sugar Sugar � The Archies Dizzy � Tommy Roe These Boots Are Made For Walking � Loretta Lynn Pretty Women � Ray Orbison The Lion Sleeps Tonight � The Tokens What A Wonderful World � Louis Armstrong American Pie � Don McLean Joy To The World � Three Dog Night The Locomotion � Grand Funk Shake Your Booty � KC & The Sunshine Band Mr. Bojangles � Sammie Davis / Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Unchained Melody � Righteous Brothers Kung Fu Fighting � Carol Douglas I Can See Clearly Now � Johnny Cliff Play That Funky Music � Wild Cherry You Aint Seen Nothing Yet � Bachman Turner Overdrive Hot Stuff � Donna Summer LeFreak � Chick Schools Out � Alice Cooper Message In A Bottle � The Police In The Summer � Car Wash � Rose Royce Lean On Me � Bill Withers
By kaygirl
On 10/15/2013 09:02:29
Will have done a "Storybook" theme in the past, and will be doing a similar one this year (long enough in between to repeat, lol). We mostly have students in the 3-9 age range, though I need a dance for the gymnastic teachers to do, heehee. (Al Gilbert Songs for the little ones) Mary's Dancing Lamb ABC's in Song & Dance I'm a Starlet Dancer Versions of I'm a Little Teapot, etc. Storybook Ball Mother Goose Parade Merry Land of Oz Heigh Ho There's a song on a Barbie CD (LOL) called "Wonderland" which is good for beginning jazz. I need more ideas. This is a list of what we've used in the past that I can remember...I need to brainstorm! Katy :)
By MissAlice
On 10/20/2013 16:26:35
I have searched, read through the entire thread and cannot seem to find the theme we are doing. It is Royals (possibly calling it The Kingdom) Other then Royals by Lorde and of course tons of disney princess music, I'm stuck! I teach all ages and all styles, so any suggestions would be awesome!
By GetRhythm
On 10/20/2013 19:00:43
I have searched, read through the entire thread and cannot seem to find the theme we are doing. It is Royals (possibly calling it The Kingdom) Other then Royals by Lorde and of course tons of disney princess music, I'm stuck! I teach all ages and all styles, so any suggestions would be awesome!
"King of the Road" - Roger Miller "Killer Queen" - Queen "King of Anything" - Sara Bareilles "Duke of Earl" - Gene Chandler "Queen of Hearts" - Juice Newton "Dancing Queen" - Abba "Heads Will Roll" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Alice in Wonderland/Queen of Hearts theme) And if you have ballet classes, you could dress them as a queen, princess, whatever of your choosing and use an instrumental song. For instance, dress them all as "Snow White" and pick a pretty instrumental song like this: http://youtu.be/eBh2IYjJNX8 Also remember that royal titles extend beyond King and Queen. You have: King Queen Prince Princess Duke Duchess Baron Baroness Count Countess Knight Earl Emperor
By MissAlice
On 10/21/2013 12:07:43
Thanks so much!
Out of This World Theme
By IrishDancer2013
On 10/25/2013 16:29:18
Taking part in a dance competition with the theme 'Out of this World' Any ideas on what theme to go with for this would be great. Thanks.
By MissAlice
On 11/07/2013 11:18:17
Theme has changed (of course after I already song searched for two weeks) It is PARTY! I'm stuck for ballet and my babies. We tend to do a ballet based dance with them, so slow or medium speed could work! Thanks
By annaozark
On 01/04/2014 14:27:08
I did this theme in 2010! (We won:)) save the world I need a hero Then we added in the quote "What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm... the bad guy" (Edward). We used that to transition into our villains, along with adding a mask to our face smash the place my chick bad (Nicki Minaj- starting from "it's going down" to "and guess who's playin' Freddy) We also added many instrumental songs with a fast beat to the 'villain' part of the dance. I hope this helps!
By beachlover2
On 01/18/2014 17:43:39
Theme has changed (of course after I already song searched for two weeks) It is PARTY! I'm stuck for ballet and my babies. We tend to do a ballet based dance with them, so slow or medium speed could work! Thanks
We did a theme like this one year. For the babies, we did a tea party. I believe we just used instrumental music. We had wooden stools on stage with table cloths (2 little dancers at each stool). We used giant coffee cups. They pretended to drink, tippy toed around the stool/table; touched cups together; and did all their dance steps. It turned out really cute!
By AussieDancinBaby
On 01/19/2014 06:32:28
I'm looking for songs with a 'cats' theme that are a bit more modern/funky than the usual Cats musical songs Also if anyone is chasing a something different for a circus theme try 'Hey U' by Basement Jaxx. Not a specific circus song but has that feel to it!
By Dancingqueen97
On 01/21/2014 11:08:11
You could also use ATC- All Around The World for your around the world theme! it would be great for a jazz number
By natstokes
On 01/28/2014 20:13:11
Hi Everyone! we are currently in the process of selecting themes for this years concert and had a few ideas. Wondering if anyone out there could help with song ideas to fit themes: 1. At your service...this includes all of the armed forces (army, navy, airforce, soldiers etc) as well as things such as air hostesses, waitresses etc. 2. Im a rockstar/ popstar 3. Elements All ideas much appreciated! :) Thank you in advance xxx
By natstokes
On 01/28/2014 20:18:36
Hi Everyone! we are currently in the process of selecting themes for this years concert and had a few ideas. Wondering if anyone out there could help with song ideas to fit themes: 1. At your service...this includes all of the armed forces (army, navy, airforce, soldiers etc) as well as things such as air hostesses, waitresses etc. 2. Im a rockstar/ popstar 3. Elements All ideas much appreciated! :) Thank you in advance xxx
By Helymperez
On 02/03/2014 21:45:46
Hello, i'm having my fifteens party in 4 months and i really need help with picking songs to dance to with my court. My theme is under the sea, does anyone know any song in English or Spanish that matches with my theme?
By Keepdancing1
On 04/06/2014 12:43:34
What about 'into the blue'? I wonder if anyone can help - I've posted this elsewhere but got no replies, so here goes ... I'm looking for cute 'around the world' song and dance ideas - I'm going to use http://youtu.be/UQr46jx9sYE but can anyone think of any others? Thanks in advance xxx
By Keepdancing1
On 04/06/2014 12:47:12
What about 'into the blue'? I wonder if anyone can help - I've posted this elsewhere but got no replies, so here goes ... I'm looking for cute 'around the world' song and dance ideas - I'm going to use http://youtu.be/UQr46jx9sYE but can anyone think of any others? Thanks in advance xxx
By cmb85
On 05/19/2014 16:50:58
Not necessarily hip hop, but you should check out the Virgin American Safety Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg. Could be really fun!
By ginala183
On 06/23/2014 22:59:41
how about rock star theme
By BeatsLoveTap
On 07/09/2014 12:25:25
Cheetah Girls, One World!
By coleyduh
On 08/05/2014 00:59:47
I have looked through the WHOLE thread and I can't find the theme I am stumped on. I work for two sisters at different dance studios and they become very competitive at times. I was given the theme "FLY" from the older sister for our 2015 recital; where I run into a little problem is the younger sister did a "FLY" theme just 2 years prior where I used all of my songs related to the theme. Now I have to come up with NEW songs with that same theme and I'm all out of ideas. I don't want the older sister to feel like I'm using the "left-over" songs; seeing as they are very competitive I know they will compare the two. I know it is a broad topic but any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for mostly upbeat jazz and hip hop songs for ages 4-adults. I would like to stray away from "space" related songs seeing as the older sister isn't fond of mixing fly with outer space. In the past I have used: E.T. - Katy Perry (Space was accepted into the theme) Fly On the Wall - Miley Cyrus Space Jam Fly -Nicki Minaj Up Up & Away - Kid Cudi Fly - Sugar Ray The Rain (Super Dupa Fly) - Missy Elliott and a few others that I can't think of at the moment. *I'm not the best at "themed" music
By lalalexii1
On 08/25/2014 22:11:27
My theme for my dance recital this year is like magic/fantasy/illusions etc. I'm stuck on music so badly, I'm trying to stay as recent as possible with the songs i choose, and so far i have Once upon a dream - Lana del rey Monster high fright song I'm not ready to be a princess - sofia the first Once upon a time- cirque i still have so many songs to find, i have 7 classes this year Lyrical 6-9 year olds Jazz 6-9 year olds Ballet 6-9 year olds Tap 6-9 year olds Jazz 9-12 year olds Ballet 9-12 year olds Creative movement 3-5 year olds (with one boy)
By balletbella23
On 09/02/2014 15:34:56
Anyone have any songs or ideas to fit a Hollywood theme?! Anything and everything welcome for all age groups!! Thanks!
Hollywood - Marina and the Diamonds Hollywood's Dead - Lana Del Rey (youtube this one)
By dancin_girly
On 09/12/2014 16:08:47
I have searched this thread as best I can! I am looking for either a doll or puppet themed selection of songs?? Preferably a few creepy ones for the older ones? Thanks in advance!!!x
By twinkletoes0706
On 09/12/2014 20:30:57
Anyone have any ideas for a city themed recital?
By twinkletoes0706
On 09/12/2014 20:31:12
Anyone have any ideas for a city themed recital?
By BHSDance
On 09/24/2014 20:09:57
Need song ideas for a "Chess Board" / "Black vs. White" Theme please!!! HELP!
By everyones_a_star
On 09/25/2014 09:49:54
^^Ebony & Ivory - Paul McCartney Black & White - Michael Jackson
By everyones_a_star
On 09/25/2014 09:56:07
city theme = city lights - Liza Minnelli Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
By tutsiecutsie
On 09/26/2014 09:29:45
Looking for Ballet/Tap songs to go with my "Turn it Up" theme? Thanks!
By tutsiecutsie
On 09/26/2014 09:30:00
Looking for Ballet/Tap songs to go with my "Turn it Up" theme? Thanks!
By BalletRocker
On 10/07/2014 19:47:52
I have searched this thread as best I can! I am looking for either a doll or puppet themed selection of songs?? Preferably a few creepy ones for the older ones? Thanks in advance!!!x
this year i'm using the song 'dollhouse' by melanie martinez. i find it a little creepy. words not appropriate for younger group.
By Baekyeolieee
On 10/17/2014 04:52:17
Hi guys. I need ideas for our Freshmen cheer dance and we are planning of a theme. The theme is "Fresh From The Future". Do you have any song suggestions?
By CityDanceCo
On 10/17/2014 08:24:46
We are not doing a theme for the whole recital just a few mini "scenes" but, it may help if you have songs to build. Insects Itsy Bitsy Spide- GoFish Honey Bee- the kingmakers Cute as a bug- Lyle Lovett Butterfly- Mariah Carey(huge costume struggle) Other songs I considered Butterfly kisses Ladybug picnic Black Widow Black and Yellow Money, money, money Just got paid- NSYNC I wanna be rich- Calloway We're in the money- 42nd street cast Money(that's what I want)- Barrett jones Other possible Money honey Money For the love of money Mo money mo problems Not a ton of songs but hopefully it will help someone.
By lmrath
On 11/05/2014 09:57:38
I just did this theme last year. Here's what I used: Adult Jazz "Rumplestiltskin": "Monster" by Eminem (talks about Rumplestiltskin) and "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child HS Jazz: "The Enchanted Horse": "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry Jr Jazz: "Magic in Me" by B.O.B Opening Number for adults: "Come Little Children" from Hocus Pocus (they dressed as witches) Hope these help!
By lmrath
On 11/05/2014 10:02:09
Theme from Dead Silence Old Toys - Cirque Du Soleil Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez The Garden - Mirah Coin- Operated Boy - The Dresden Dolls (not appropriate for younger ones!) If you just search "creepy doll music" on youtube you can actually find some really good stuff!
By britta176
On 11/10/2014 16:49:25
I'm glad this is a sticky- We're doing a work theme this year that I'm calling "Workin for a Livin"- have my teen jazz and team routine but was stuck on getting started. I just browesed the thread and now I've got my juices flowing. Thanks!
hello! would you be willing to share what your song choices were? We are also doing this theme this year and I have not had a problem finding songs for the younger classes, but ages 12 and up I am stumped!! Thank you :)
By britta176
On 11/10/2014 16:50:44
I'm glad this is a sticky- We're doing a work theme this year that I'm calling "Workin for a Livin"- have my teen jazz and team routine but was stuck on getting started. I just browesed the thread and now I've got my juices flowing. Thanks!
hello! would you be willing to share what your song choices were? We are also doing this theme this year and I have not had a problem finding songs for the younger classes, but ages 12 and up I am stumped!! Thank you :)
By dancedva82
On 12/09/2014 09:25:01
Looking for songs for a Wild West theme... Specifically jazz and tap
By kaygirl
On 12/13/2014 17:56:31
We are doing the Wizard of Oz this year, and I haven't even begun to look at music...ack! I don't want to only use songs that are from the original movie. I know there are a lot of options out there. I need good choices for all of my little ones though!
By Lisa7Riley
On 01/25/2015 04:10:39
Hello I'm wanting to try and do a show with the theme 'time' but not going backwards/forwards in time more like time as a clock. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
By beachlover2
On 01/29/2015 13:58:51
Feet theme: Boogie Shoes; Put Your Little Foot; Red High Heels; These Boots Are Made For Walking; Blue Suede Shoes; Sneaker Nights; Flip Flops, Shorts and Shades.
By beachlover2
On 01/29/2015 14:06:25
An opening number for the theme "So You Think You Can Dance" How about "That's Dancing"?
By georgia_xo
On 01/30/2015 09:36:20
Any ideas on creepy/weird dance themes and songs for contemporary trio?
By RosinaRennie
On 04/26/2015 09:18:22
Hi all, I am needing to find some songs for a disney themed show in the summer. Although for the senior dancers we would like some songs that are modern but still sort of relate the the theme. We really need a tap but anything is welcome. Thanks, Rosina
By jmorales
On 07/13/2015 22:27:42
I have been searching for songs about PARTY or partying. I'm doing a production and need alot of updates songs. Please help. Thanks in advance
By itsadancinthing
On 10/20/2015 20:23:26
City theme: We built this City - Jefferson Starship On Broadway I used the Marvels superhero characters for skits between scenes. Each character had a role of protecting the city from the bad guys. New York, New York New York state of mind The Guy from New York city Boogie Nights I love the night life Saturday Night Fever
By DutchWinterguard
On 10/22/2015 14:01:54
bycicle: Queen - Bycicle race track: Woodkid - Run boy run skateboarding - Avril Lavigne - Skaterboy some of those songs you can just find by searching on youtube to the name of the sport + song behind it ;)
By AcroChic92
On 10/27/2015 11:51:05
Trying to find songs that fit this years recital theme. I am new to teaching dance (I have spent several years coaching gymnastics) and am not the greatest at finding music. I have 4 acro classes and 1 Jazz/Tap class. One acro class is 5-7 year olds, the second is 6-10 year olds, the third is 8-12 year olds and the fourth is 10-12 year olds. The jazz/tap class is 6-8 year olds. The theme is City Lights. HELPPPPPP!!! I have some ideas but am unsure if they will fit the theme: Under the Sea - A-Teens, Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire, Firework - Katy Perry, and Jellicle Cats - Cats. Ideas would be greatly appreciated
By DJForella
On 10/28/2015 13:31:25
Journey-Don't Stop Believing (Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit!) Downtown-Macklemore (I think the part where the girl sings would be best to fit) time of our lives -Pitbull Neyo hope this helps!
By SabrielChetan
On 01/02/2016 17:22:41
For the puppet/music box theme, Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling
By Missn1
On 01/05/2016 21:31:27
Anybody got any ideas or playlist for new themes?
By Missn1
On 01/05/2016 21:32:31
Anybody got any ideas or playlist for new themes?
By Carlene12589
On 01/13/2016 02:36:39
What about the "Dancing" song from White Christmas?
By Sandi_Vives
On 02/10/2016 03:40:58
Hi! Any ideas to "Dancing through the decades" theme??! we will begin from prehistory and end with future. Please I need some inspitration for songs and different ages. Thank you very much :)
By Sandi_Vives
On 02/10/2016 03:41:16
Hi! Any ideas to "Dancing through the decades" theme??! we will begin from prehistory and end with future. Please I need some inspitration for songs and different ages. Thank you very much :)
By Sandi_Vives
On 02/10/2016 03:59:52
Hi! i'm dong this topic on this year recital. can you give me some ideas/songs? Thanks :)
By bigdreams
On 02/29/2016 20:56:09
"I am looking for either a doll or puppet themed selection of songs?? Preferably a few creepy ones for the older ones?" Sorry, I'm new here, not sure of how to tag or whatever. Anyway, here's a few I know. (Haven't added the one already mentioned.) Dollhouse-Pricilla Renea. China Doll- Rachel Loshak Both of these can be found on iTunes. I'm looking for songs that can be used for "Losing home". Basically anything, any style would be great and any age group, but please specify. So far I've got: Nothing to Lose: Billy Talent- Teens 13-17, (Jazz) without the screaming part where I can't understand a word of what they're saying. Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Obviously. I'm using for 9-12 (Ballet) Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper Pre-Teens 9-12 (Lyrical) (They are dreaming about being at home during a campout and they re-enact the dream) Anybody got anything else? Preferably something about homelessness and another for a hostage situation where someone is trapped and can't get away from the person who trapped them. Both are lyrical pieces, and solos. Age range for homelessness, any. Hostage situation: 9-17 (But keep lyrics clean, because parents will be attending and the little ones will be there too.) Thanks
By MrEd3000
On 03/01/2016 21:17:40
On the previous list, the song Talk To the Animals was used. Sammy Davis , Jr.'s version of this song is really great to set a piece to.
By Clueles710
On 05/11/2016 07:07:07
Hi there! Our theme for next year is colors. Need some help with song choices. Our show runs a little different as that every color with be a stil of dance. For example, "Purple" will be all moderne and do songs like purple rain or color purple. Thanks for any help! Any colors would be great!
By Ballet_Baibe
On 05/22/2016 07:13:47
Hi, I'm trying to locate the little ballet star song which appears on one of your lists. It doesn't seem to be available on iTunes, where did you get it from? Thank yku
By hummingbird
On 05/22/2016 11:13:41
Ballet_babe it sounds like it could be an old Hoctor Records song, in which case it might not be available any more, I believe some of the tracks can be bought on http://www.musicworksunlimited.com but not all of them.
By Vancouver
On 05/23/2016 11:56:06
How about "uptown girl" for jazz/tap?
By Foxettes
On 07/23/2016 17:00:26
I am planning on doing a travel theme this year as well. If you remember some of the songs you used? I am at aloss..
By SDAdancerLIM
On 07/24/2016 21:18:12
Theme: Dancing Through the Decades Fur Elise—level 3 ballet, ages 9-15 The Can Can—level 4 ballet, ages 11-16 (odd choice for a ballet song but I guess it worked ok) The Entertainer—level 2 ballet, ages 6-8 God Bless America—beginner/intermediate pointe, ages 13-16 A Little Party—jazz teachers' dance The Charleston—level 4 tap, ages 11-16 Baby Take a Bow—baby ballet, ages 2/3 Good Ship Lollipop—preschool tap, ages 4-6 A You're Adorable—baby tap, ages 2/3 Chantilly Lace—beginner jazz solo, age 9 Rock Around the Clock—level 1 jazz, ages 6-8 Jailhouse Rock—level 3 tap, ages 9-12 Thank Heaven for Little Girls—baby ballet, ages 2/3 My Boyfriend's Back—preschool jazz, ages 4-6 Surfin USA—intermediate jazz/acro solo, age 9 Sugar, Sugar—level 1 tap, ages 6-8 You're the One that I Want—level 2 jazz, ages 9-13 The Devil Went Down to Georgia—advanced jazz solo, age 11 A Mix of Disco Songs—advanced tap solo, age 16 Night Fever—level 2 tap, ages 9-13 The Right Stuff—level 3 tap, ages 9-12 This Cat's on a Hot Tin Roof—advanced tap solo, age 11 Part of Your World—preschool ballet, ages 4-6 Beat It—competition team tap, ages 9-16 Smooth Criminal—teacher tap solo Footloose—level 4 jazz, ages 11-16 Drive Me Crazy—intermediate jazz duo, ages about 12/13 I Hope You Dance—advanced lyrical solo, age 14 What Now—lyrical teacher solo Hero—competition team lyrical, ages 9-16 Young & Beautiful—lyrical teacher solo Zoot Suit Riot—advanced tap solo, age 14 Ice Ice Baby—beginner/intermediate hip hop, ages 8-13 Good Vibrations—intermediate/advanced hip hop, ages 11-16 Revival—adult "hoop dance" class Indian Summer—modern, ages 11-16 Not About Angels—intermediate pointe solo, age 16 Lips are Movin—intermediate/advanced hip hop solo, age 14 Human—intermediate lyrical trio, ages 11-16 Let It Go—level 1 ballet, ages 6-8 Fireball—competition team jazz, ages 9-16
By SDAdancerLIM
On 07/24/2016 21:44:39
Theme: Life's Journey Part 1: New Beginning Born in the USA—jazz teachers' dance A Whole New World—preschool ballet, ages 4-6 Part 2: Childhood ABC—baby tap, ages 2/3 Hot Lunch—beginner jazz, ages 6-8 First Ballet Class—preschool ballet, ages 4-6 Dream on a Star—beginner lyrical solo, age 9 I Won't Grow Up—preschool tap, ages 4-6 Principal's Office—beginner hip hop, ages 6-8 L.O.V.E.—preschool tap, ages 4-6 Part 3: Teenage Years All the Single Ladies—advanced tap, ages 10-15 Hey, How Ya Doin'—beginner hip hop solo, age 9 Youth—advanced contemporary solo, age 17 5678—competition team tap, ages 9-15 Blow Me One Last Kiss—teacher tap solo Another One Bites the Dust—advanced jazz, ages 9-15 Gravity—teacher lyrical solo Hit the Road Jack—advanced tap solo, age 10 Part 4: All Grown Up Working 9-5—intermediate tap, ages 8-13 Pink Panther—competition team jazz/contemporary, ages 9-15 We're in the Money—advanced tap duo, ages 12/15 Kokomo—preschool jazz, ages 4-6 Knee Deep—beginner jazz, ages 6-8 Happy—tap and jazz, teachers/assistants 4 Hugs a Day—baby ballet, ages 2/3 Let's Get Married—advanced hip hop, ages 12-17 Chapel of Love—preschool jazz, ages 4-6 Part 5: A Look Back Turn Around—advanced ballet, ages 10-17 What a Wonderful World—beginner ballet, ages 6-8 Remember the Time—intermediate hip hop, ages 9-12 In My Daughter's Eyes—ballet teacher/studio owner solo ft. her 2 year old daughter When You Believe—beginner pointe, ages 11-15 Imagine—intermediate ballet, ages 8-10 Footprints in the Sand—competition team lyrical, ages 9-15 A Thousand Years—beginner pointe solo, age 15 Never Grow Up—beginner lyrical solo, age 8 Little Did She Know—competition team lyrical, ages 9-15 Story of my Life—jazz/tap finale
By SKC
On 05/04/2017 10:28:34
Gold On The Ceiling by the Black Keys is a fun song.
By SKC
On 05/04/2017 10:29:07
Gold On The Ceiling by the Black Keys is a fun song.
By Jenny1661
On 05/22/2017 12:35:07
Our theme this year was the 4 elements: water, wind, fire, earth. Here's the music that was used: Pitbull - Fireball (heavily edited) Snow and Hail (Glazunov's Winter variations) Precious Metal and Gems (variations from Sleeping Beauty) Unspoken - Start a Fire Song of the Earth Britt Nicole - Gold Ice Dance (from Edward Scissorhands) CCR - Have You Ever Seen the Rain Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas) Rhythm of the Rain Mat Kearney - Let It Rain Pink - Just Like Fire Brian Crain - Wind Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire Appalachian Spring (section from Simple Gifts) Ed Sheeran - I See Fire Olafur Arnalds - Only the Wind Leona Lewis - Fire Under My Feet Needtobreathe - Washed by the Water Hall of The Mountain King (from Peer Gynt) Thunder (a rhythm tap) Bridgit Mendler - Hurricane Jason Mraz - Back to the Earth BJ Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby RHCP - Higher Ground The Very Best - Rain Dance Kiiarra - Gold Kevin Kern - After the Rain
By DancePrincess225
On 06/02/2017 05:24:14
I really need some help with our year end recital. Our theme is Disney and I know there are lots of songs that I could really use songs to Dance to. I am looking for ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, acro, and musical theater songs. Thank you so much!!!
By Sappersis
On 07/20/2017 09:05:48
I think I could fill 4 shows with Disney music but here are some of my favorite that I feel aren't as overused (But if you don't already own them the 3 volumes of "disneys greatest hits" is a must for any dance teacher IMO. Puppini sisters - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Junglord remix - Little April Showers The Fox and the Hound Original - Best of Friends Disney Lullabies - I See the Light (from Tangled) Goofy Movie Soundtrack - I2I B5 - Whose afraid of the big bad wolf
By DancePrincess225
On 07/21/2017 14:40:21
I am looking for music for my studio's 'I Enjoy Being a Girl' recital. I am looking for music for ages 2-17 all styles. The music can be; by girls, for girls, about girls Anything So far I have... Girl Party - Mack Z It’s All About Me - Chelsea Staub Girls just want to have fun - Cindy Lauper I enjoy being a girl - Lea Salonga Run the world - Beyonce Wannabe - Spice Girls Omigod You Guys - Amy Lennox Your help is greatly appreciated.
By buffercheen
On 08/21/2017 03:01:50
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a fun ballet number for some 6-8 year olds with a 1980s theme, plus a tap number. At the moment, I am thinking of 'True Colours' but think it's a biut 'serious' for this particular group. They also need a tap number. I have managed to cover all the other groups, but this group is one of those groups that respond to energetic/themed music rather than serious-but I don't want to baby them either!!!! Complicated!! Any suggestions for 1980s songs would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
By ECDC
On 09/28/2017 12:17:07
Need songs for numbers theme!! I've used just about everything I can think of but still need a few more upbeat songs with numbers in the title. Thanks!
By ECDC
On 09/29/2017 18:04:39
Need songs for numbers theme!! I've used just about everything I can think of but still need a few more upbeat songs with numbers in the title. Thanks!
By mallika
On 10/25/2017 04:58:04
I can suggest the following song ideas for workout - Jump Around - house of Pain Push it - Hot Cold & VIcious Crazy in Love - Dangerously in Love I have been listening to these songs for ages now ! And these are some great tracks ;)
By smcwoodson
On 05/19/2019 17:20:49
Summer Creative Movement Playlists: https://www.danceedstartup.com/6-creative-movement-playlists-for-summer Summer Combo Class Playlists: https://www.danceedstartup.com/6-combo-class-playlists-for-summer

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 06/22/2022 17:43:37