Forum: Music

Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3
How to Download Music From a Youtube Video (karma: 7)
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 28, 2008 05:41 AM
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-08-28 11:24:46

)Can we PLEASE make this a sticky?) A lot of times, people post on the teacher's board asking for a specific song that they heard on a Youtube video, but that they can't seem to find anywhere else. Well, here's how to take that video, and turn it into an mp3.

1. Find the video on Youtube you would like to use.

2. Open another tab or window on your web browser and go to zamzar.com.

3. Click on the tab that says, "Download Videos".

4. Copy the URL of the Youtube video into the box that says, "Step 1".

5. Under "Step 2" it asks what format you would like to download your video into. Choose mp3 to get the video in song form (or if you just want the video itself, choose avi or mov.)

6. Enter your e-mail address and click "convert".

Zamzar will not sell your e-mail address, send you a bunch of spam, or abuse having the address. It may take several minutes to get the file (especially if it's long), so be patient! Once you receive the e-mail, there will be a link to a page where you can download your file. Voila! You have your song (or video) now. :)

62 Replies to How to Download Music From a Youtube Video

re: How to Download Music From a Youtube Video
By DeeDeesPremium member
On Thu Aug 28, 2008 07:50 AM
I found that site a few months ago.
Fantastic isn't it? :)
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 AM
You can also use a program called Orbit. It's a free download and can "grab" or downloading anything that goes through your web browser. Video, audio, data etc.

That's how I watch the Olympics this summer, as I don't own a tv and my internet connection is not very good for streaming video.
By toni873
On Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 AM
Zamzar.com was PERFECT!!! Thank you sooooo much!
On Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:33 AM
You're welcome! Glad I could help.
By Rsvldance
On Fri Aug 29, 2008 06:10 PM
Seriouly! Thank you so much for this suggestion! I have been looking for months about how to do this!!!! It worked perfectly. I'm so excited for the dance year to start now~!
re: How to Download Music From a Youtube Video (karma: 1)
By vista5Premium member
On Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:15 AM
Wow, hate to sound like a pain here, but keep in mind that what you are doing is not only unethical but illegal. As artists dance teachers should be aware of the plight of fellow artist - musicians. It would certainly be difficult for us to do our job without them. When you download music without paying for it you are depriving the musician of their pay. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone standing outside your studio videotaping your classes so they could do them at home and not have to pay you. It was really hard when we had to buy an entire album for that one song we wanted to use, but now that you can purchase almost any song for under a buck there is really no excuse for not paying for it.
re: How to Download Music From a Youtube Video (karma: 1)
On Sat Aug 30, 2008 02:27 PM
No, there are situations where you really do need a website like that because you cannot find the music anywhere else. The person who was looking for that song "Crazy For You" had no other option. I (and other teachers on here) searched and searched for her, but couldn't find the song. I think instances like that one have been the only reason I've suggested this method to teachers on here. If the artist doesn't make the song readily available, then we have no other option.
By delinquent
On Sat Aug 30, 2008 04:51 PM
arg! I'm trying just a sample to see if it would work...and no matter what video I use, the minute I click on step 2 it say this file has no extension, please choose another...

I've tried just about every video on youtube and it says the same thing.

Help? Am I just so low-tech that I'm screwing this up? COpy and paste the brower url... right? yuck.
On Sun Aug 31, 2008 09:21 AM
Edited by snot85 (133910) on 2008-08-31 09:28:22
Hm. In the step one box, the http:// is already provided. So maybe when you're copying in the URL, you're ending up with two of those? Did you backspace over the one they provide first before copying the Youtube one?

Or, are you using the URL for "embedding" the file? You have to use the direct URL (the shorter one), not the embedding one.
By thadancer
On Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:25 PM
I love you for this, oh my you just don't know!
By LovelyRitaPremium member
On Sun Oct 12, 2008 06:33 PM
I love you more I think. You just saved my life and music library that went ca-put!!
On Sun Oct 12, 2008 06:40 PM
Haha, thanks. Just trying to help out. :)
By GingerPremium member
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 05:30 PM
delinquent wrote:

arg! I'm trying just a sample to see if it would work...and no matter what video I use, the minute I click on step 2 it say this file has no extension, please choose another...

I've tried just about every video on youtube and it says the same thing.

Help? Am I just so low-tech that I'm screwing this up? COpy and paste the brower url... right? yuck.

I am also highly technology-challenged, and I had this same problem too...tried it over and over, different videos, and kept getting this same message. Then I realized that when you first click on the link, there are three tabs that you can paste something into- Convert Files, Download Videos, and Manage Files. You need to make sure that it is set to Download Videos before you paste the url in the upload box, and then it should work fine!

The person who originally asked this probably figured it out ages ago, but I'm sure there is another computer-challenged teacher out there like me who sat here for ages trying to figure it out!
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 07:48 PM
Yeah, that's why step three says 3. Click on the tab that says, "Download Videos". :)
By AnDy_DaNcErmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 26, 2008 05:42 PM
that was great!! totally loved itt

karmaaa :D
By AnDy_DaNcErmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 26, 2008 05:44 PM
that was great!! totally loved itt

karmaaa :D
By tammidans
On Tue Dec 16, 2008 03:32 AM
Hi
I was just reading the terms of agreement, and saw that there is a fee to be paid.Is that per year and how much is it?
Thanks

Tammidans
On Tue Dec 16, 2008 06:52 AM
I've never had to pay a fee so I'm not sure where you read that.
By missjennifer
On Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:22 AM
This sounds like a great idea. Sometimes I want to use music that I hear but it isn't out yet where I live.

Not to play devil's advocate but I can see where vista is coming from. Although it isn't necessarily illegal unless you are distributing the music or making a profit, I can see where other artists may be afraid of thier work being copied and such. I know we all feel strongly about our work and as long as the resource is being used ethically i have no problem with it.
By tammidans
On Thu Dec 18, 2008 02:01 AM
Ok. Thanks, I'll try it. I'm really low on funds now,Christmas and all,so I'm carefull.
And what a fabulous idea.I'm really computer challenged so I'll write and let you know how it turned out.
Tammi
By tiny_dancer1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:38 AM
I have tried to get one particular song a few times and I keep getting this error?
"The file at your target URL is 0 bytes in size.

Please check the URL you entered and try converting again."

Could someone help me? Also it's the only video I can find of the song.
tiny
ps the song is Last Song, by Meredith Monk
By ms_tiffy
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:57 PM
thank you! thank you! thank you!
By luvs2dancealot
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 08:33 PM
is this legal?
By rockthehouse
On Thu Aug 13, 2009 06:32 AM
I'm gonna give you Karma again!!! I have used this a bunch!!
Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch