re: How to Download Music From a Youtube Video
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 13, 2009 08:09 AM
Haha. Thanks!
By teacher4life
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 07:36 PM
Also try listentoyoutube.com

No need to even enter an email account, it loads right off the page.

The one I did looped the song a few times, but I just cut it.
By MissLeanne
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 09:02 PM
No offense intended here of course but I just wanted to say that, some of us work very hard to find different music for competition that nobody else has and even renames their personal music cut. I used to be computer challenged..lol... Now I am just certain that I'm not crazy and studios have had (my) personal cut to a song. Maybe if someone really wants that cut of music soooo bad, they should just send them a message,or leave them a comment, etc. I dont know..I guess I am one of very few that thinks this is not ok. ;)
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 09:06 PM
I'm not encouraging people to use this in order to get someone's personal cut. I use it for songs that I can't get anywhere else. For instance, someone a while ago was looking for the SYTYCD theme without all the cheering. She needed it for a recital and Youtube was the only place to get it. It sucks that some people abuse it, but like I said, I use it only when I'm desperate to find a song that I can't download anywhere else.
By danzdeeva
On Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:36 PM
OR you can easily download the YOUTUBE downloader...works PERFECTLY FINE
By MissMerry
On Thu Aug 27, 2009 09:08 AM
I have to say this is great! I have been searching for a song for forever and couldn't find it anywhere. Then I had the great idea to ask you guys and someone told me in like five minutes. I searched on iTunes, and amazon could not find it. So I totally think that when you can't find the song anywhere this is what you need to do. Otherwise I think we all has dance teachers do the right thing and download it from wherever and pay for it or buy the album.

Miss Merry
By ms_tiffy
On Thu Aug 27, 2009 01:33 PM
for some reason this (zamzar) hasn't been working for me lately. i keep getting an error. has anyone else experienced this? it has worked fine in the past.
On Thu Aug 27, 2009 01:36 PM
It's been working fine for me. Sometimes when it says it had an upload error, I still get the song in my inbox.
By Dancin7
On Thu Aug 27, 2009 07:05 PM
this is awesome snot85!

Comment #8491565 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-09-02 23:22:43 Free advertising is not permitted on DDN.

By csdancer
On Sat Feb 13, 2010 01:07 AM
thank u so much !!!! this website is AWESOME!!!!
By liv2dnz
On Sat Feb 20, 2010 09:35 AM
Thanks, I need all the technological help I can get...

An to respond to Vista5,
When you download music without paying for it you are depriving the musician of their pay. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone standing outside your studio videotaping your classes so they could do them at home and not have to pay you. It was really hard when we had to buy an entire album for that one song we wanted to use, but now that you can purchase almost any song for under a buck there is really no excuse for not paying for it.

if you are a member of groups like FDM (Florida Dance masters) the association pays a fee to an association (can't remember the name)that pays the musicians ( or something like that) and if you are a member you have no problem because it is included in your dues. I understand wholeheartedly what you are saying, but sometimes you can't find the music you need or want! If you want more info I can find out the exact names of the associations.
I know for a fact that teenagers swipe more music without paying than we do, it's not right, but it is real...
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 26, 2010 01:24 PM
I tried this yesterday, and it worked like a charm (had the mp3 in about five minutes), but when you're loading music from percussive dances, it puts the taps on the mp3 too. LOL - couldn't use it like that! :O
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Wed May 26, 2010 03:55 PM
How did I miss this? This is great info. Karma!
On Wed May 26, 2010 03:57 PM
Thanks, Janet!
By wooweeitsaimee
On Tue Aug 24, 2010 01:36 PM
Thank you so much! This is something I have been waiting for!
By dancewick1
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 01:47 PM
Thank you so much! I got the music I was looking for, after 2 days worth of trying to figure out how to do it through my music editing software. It worked but not well. Thank you so much for this much easier and better way :)
By RisingStarsDance
On Wed Sep 08, 2010 09:29 PM
THANKS! I wont use this to download free music regularly and I don't think other people should either BUT sometimes you just can't find a song and this is a great solution.
For about two years now I have been searching for the song that goes "You Know What? You Know What? I love my dancing school!" so I could use it in class. I couldn't find it anywhere!! SO THANK YOU!!!!

PS - I should add that I just did it a minute ago and I still haven't received an email with the file yet. Hopefully this works!
By I_DaNCe4LiFe
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 04:24 AM
I am fairly new to this site....and this info is INSANE!!! how have i not heard of this before????

Sooooo glad this post was created. (and that i found it)
And even happier that you let us know about Zamzar.com snot85.
I tried it and it worked like a charm.....FreAKin UnREal.

HUGE Thanks...
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 06:50 AM
Glad this is helping so many people! It's frustrating when you've searched everywhere for a song only to come up empty handed. Zamzar is a fantastic last resort. :)
By CarabosseKPremium member
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 07:31 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out there too and say that this is illegal. Remember Napster back in the day? Even without distributing the music, free downloads without paying is stealing. You didn't pay for that song. I know there are times that you can't find a song or it's not available on itunes or any other pay-per-download sources. There are some songs I would love to use that aren't even offered on an album...it was a live performance and that's the only version that exists...on the performance. What do I do to get them? I don't...I move on and find a different song. Even if you're using it for competition, it's a public performance and someone has to have the rights to that song for it to be used. If it's not published anywhere, you can't get licensing and it cannot be used.
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 07:39 AM
Edited by snot85 (133910) on 2010-09-10 07:43:29
^ Yes, it's illegal. If you'll look back at the rest of this thread, you're not the first person to say that. If you don't want to use it, don't. No one's forcing you to.
By CarabosseKPremium member
On Fri Sep 10, 2010 07:45 AM
Wow...

I did, in fact, read the whole thread and see that there were others stating this...never said I was alone. I just wanted to support their case as it seemed that so many people were ignoring it. I also can't believe DDN would allow this thread to continue to be open, let alone be stickied, if it was promoting illegal activity.

And no, I won't be using it.
By avandy83
On Mon Sep 20, 2010 05:08 PM
Question,
Can it download the talking too? Like I need a clip of Richard Simmons saying something like "C'mon ladies! Let's work!" and I need a clip of an old school MTV VJ announcing Paula Abdul. Does it just download music, or can it download the talking as well?
By hummingbird
On Mon Sep 20, 2010 08:37 PM
Yes it will, I used it for a speech last year.
Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch