Forum: Music

Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3
re: How to Download Music From a Youtube Video
By tappergurl
On Sun Sep 26, 2010 08:32 PM
I have a slightly different approach to getting audio from a Youtube video that works well for me.
First you need a cord with an input jack at both ends.
Plug one into the microphone jack and one into the headphone jack.
Open your music editing program (I have only ever used Cool Edit Pro) select "new", press record.
Press play on the youtube video. Once the video is finished press stop in Cool Edit.

I use this for songs that I cannot find anywhere else and also for talking or sounds that I want to include in my songs. Last year we did a routine with theme songs from old tv shows and I was able to layer catchphrases and other dialogue from the shows over the music.

I am sorry if you have a problem with this but it has saved my butt numerous times!
By ChrissyC
On Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 PM
Wondering if there is a way to edit out talking?

I understand people taking issue with this - and I for one ALWAYS purchase my music -but there have been a handful of times that the music is absolutely NOT available anywhere except in the music video of the song. The one that comes to mind immediately is the Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up" interlude.
By Cdnmommy
On Mon Sep 19, 2011 09:53 PM
Thank you so much for this information, I just used it and it worked great! I'm fairly new to this site and think it's a wealth of information! :)
By misstonyaa
On Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 PM
I have just recently discovered zamzar, thanks to you guys! It is wonderful!
By keepdancing
On Sun Jul 08, 2012 02:48 PM
Zamzar will no longer work for downloading from Youtube.
By DancerTonitePremium member
On Wed Jul 11, 2012 06:20 PM
^ If you don't want to use it, don't. No one's forcing you to.

You are correct...I won't use it. But how about this...

If you worked at a grocery store, and a workmate stole food for lunch and offered it to you...lets say you had none, had to work another 8 hours, and were hungry. You can't get food anywhere else and you need it...so that makes it ok? No one's forcing you to take it, so if you don't want it, then don't take any and look away?

Stealing is Stealing. Period. End of discussion.

If we wouldn't want our choreography stolen off of youtube and used, then why is it suddenly ok to steal the music?

In my opinion, this whole discussion is quite inappropriate for the website.

And I understand that you will disagree. So be it.
By BarbaraDPremium member
On Tue Mar 05, 2013 03:02 PM
looks like it's not working anymore. I got this message when I tried:
Sorry, we can't get that video

At the request of Google we have had to remove support for the downloading of YouTube videos on Zamzar.
Is there another alternative to zamzar?
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 05, 2013 03:13 PM
There are several alternatives now. These are my favorites:

www.hddownloader.com . . .

www.flv2mp3.com

www.video2mp3.net . . .

www.youtube-mp3.org

They all work instantly. You don't have to wait for it to be sent to your inbox anymore.
By BarbaraDPremium member
On Tue Mar 05, 2013 04:39 PM
Thanks! I am trying. It has issues with my Mac
By BeckaJ
On Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 AM
I used to use zamzar.com until all of that stuff with downloading from the internet arose and they closed down a whole bunch of sites.
I now have a program on my computer that I am n love with because I can chose to download the whole video or just the audio and there are a whole bunch of different formats to choose from. Once the file is converted you can have it sent right to your iTunes library!!!
I have a mac so I don't know if this program is available on pc or not but definitely worth looking into.
I also don't remember if I paid for it or not, but if I did it was a very small price and I' sure there is a free version.
The program is called Wondershare AllMyTube.
Another perk to this program is it adds a button where when you are watching the video if you scroll over the video a download button pops up that you can just click to have it download in the program.

This program is extremely extremely helpful and I love it! I like it a lot better then zamzar because I don't have to go through the hassle of waiting for them to convert it and e-mail it to me.

I definitely recommend everyone try it out!!
By turningpointeQ
On Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 AM
This is wonderful!! thank you so much for posting this information - It really helps this old lady!
By ChrisFerrisPremium member
On Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 PM
Hi! As a recording musician, I think it's really important to remind people that it's good to look everywhere possible for a way to get the music file before using this method. We often rely on videos to make people aware of our work so we can be compensated and encouraged to produce more!
By owlinateacup
On Tue Feb 02, 2016 03:20 AM
thank you :)
Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch