Forum: Teams / Drill Teams

What are some of your drill team's traditions?
By Jessica626
On Sat Sep 06, 2008 01:08 PM

I am a Highstepper at The Woodlands High School and everything we do is based on tradition. We have had the same uniforms and shoes since highsteppers began in 1976.
One of my favorite traditions is our towels. We bring a towel to every game so we don't have to sit on the cold(or hot) bleachers. As a freshman at the second game your senior big sister presents you with a towel especially designed by them most are white, with a cute red or green fabric on the back, with ruffles and lace bordering them with the highsteppers name, grad year, and the word "Highsteppers" on it too. Usually in the corner a small heart has the big sisters name embroidered inside too. Many sisters have special things that they pass down from big sis to little sis. My big sister game me a towel with lady bugs on it since they are red and go with the twhs theme. Her big sis had lady bugs on her towel and she passed them down to my big sis and there for now i have lady bugs on my towel and will also pass it down some day.
Things like this is what I believe make my drill team special and I would love to hear what makes your drill team special.

btw- lets keep these threads active, this is such a cool place for drill teams to meet and share information. Let's keep it going!

ReplySendWatch