Popular Irish

Teaching in Muskoka by bree_dancer
I am going to be opening a dance school in Muskoka with an opening date of September 2015. I am...

Forum: Irish / Irish - Technique & Training

Irish - Technique & Training
Does anyone tape their feet for plantar fasciitis? en>fr fr>en
By luv2jigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 710, member since Tue Aug 07, 2007
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 08:40 AM

I definitely have it :( So I was trying to find ways to tape my feet while I dance. I came across this www.sportsinjuryclinic.net . . .

However, that looks like an awful lot of tape to wear while dancing. I have it in both feet, too. I know they make special braces and shoe inserts and everything but I need something to work for class today and my feis tomorrow. I'm going to ice today and tomorrow but does anyone have taping advice?

Thanks!

5 Replies to Does anyone tape their feet for plantar fasciitis?

re: Does anyone tape their feet for plantar fasciitis? en>fr fr>en
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 09:14 AM
Although I don't have P.F. myself, I had my foot taped up a few months ago for a day or two by my physio, and I was given strict orders not to dance, because the way my foot was taped up meant that it would make it more likely for me to roll (and thus sprain) my ankle. This is something I'd be cautious about, if you haven't had a physio advise you on what to do. You can probably judge for yourself how it feels, though; you'll be able to tell which direction your foot is being pulled in, if at all!

Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that, but yeah, just make sure that it doesn't actually make you feel unstable when you're dancing, because that could cause more harm than good.

Good luck with the feis, and hope you get your feet sorted out soon! :)
By jigdancer17 Comments: 835, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 AM
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have PF. It can be very painful when dancing. My best recommendation is to go to your podiatrist and ask him how to best tape your feet. Mine showed me his preferred way, and although I found it didn't work out well for me to tape before I danced, I'm sure everyone is different. I actually found that it made my feet hurt more.

Good luck at your feis and I hope you feel better soon.
By cailindncr79 Comments: 72, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 02:31 PM
This may not help for class today, but might help for your feis tomorrow. I've taped my feert similar to the link you posted, but did not put quite as many strips of tape across the bottom of my foot, so I just used one strip across the bottom and one across the top to stabilize it, then I wrapped it with thin sports underwrap (you can get this at any sports store)m hope that helps a little, good luck with your feis tomorrow!
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3113, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 08:41 PM
in the long run, you can buy straps for PF. They are basically a pad that you strap around your arch. DDN member Carlowe's DH uses them and says they really work.
By Irish_Pumpkin Comments: 11, member since Sat May 24, 2008
On Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:28 AM
I had a really bad problem with PF a few years ago. When I switched soft shoes, the problem completely went away. My new pair had quite a bit more padding on the sole than the ones before. Just an idea.

ReplySendWatch