Forum: Arts / Books

Red Dragon...?
By undercoverdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 03:52 PM

A couple of days ago in my English class, someone came in to talk to us about some good books. One of the books he mentioned was called The Red Dragon, but he couldn't remember the author. Since he said it was the creepiest book he'd ever read, and didn't sleep a month after he read it, I immediately decided to read it. Does anyone know the author? If you do, please tell me, I love not sleeping for a month!

Gwynne

3 Replies to Red Dragon...?

re: Red Dragon...?
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 04:14 PM
I totally want to read that book too! It's by Thomas Harris.
By jazzstar87member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 PM
As ^ said, it's by Thomas Harris and is the prequel to Silence of the Lambs. It really is a great book; creepy, but great.
By Naivohwmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:39 PM
Yep, it is by Thomas Harris. He also wrote Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Hannibal Rising, which are the other three books (in order) in the series. I think they were all good except Hannibal Rising, which just seemed like it was done to make another quick buck off the Hannibal franchise. Anyway, Red Dragon is really good. They made a movie of it in the 80's called Manhunter, and they also re-made the movie as Red Dragon a few years ago. Personally, I think the second movie is much better. And it has Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal, whereas Manhunter didn't. (Anthony Hopkins is SO good as Hannibal, IMHO)

ReplySendWatch