Forum: Arts / Religion

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
This is hot.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 07:14 PM
Edited by panic (116436) on 2008-09-17 19:17:14 ah kaint spel

www.theway.org . . .
They've got it all. Song, dance, sets, props... They even hired Truth to pretend to play the synthesizer. Actually, I kinda like the song. It's catchy. I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to liturgical music, but then again, my church never hosted an act like this. They have all the elements of a great act - jazz squares, running man, faux hip-hop, mambo... But especially jazz squares. I LOVE jazz squares. I just wonder why they didn't trust the guy to hold a mic. Is it just me or is he really creepy?

30 Replies to This is hot.

re: This is hot.
By TeenDancer16member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 08:55 PM
No, that guy is definitely creepy, somehow he makes me think of dracula or something, maybe it's the dark shadowy eyes. The only thing missing was for one of them to jump into the audience and get passed around. Was this some sort of Christian concert?
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 09:04 PM
I didn't even watch all of that but it still stands as the weirdest thing I've ever seen on the internet. The dance moves are hilarious!

Wow.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
re: This is hot. (karma: 1)
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 09:57 PM
If the guy had been holding a mic, we wouldn't have had the pleasure of his wicked dance solo near the end.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 PM
Where do you find this stuff?

Helen
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:52 PM
at church. duh.
By KayEllePremium member
On Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 PM
That is... one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. I'm not even sure how to respond. That guy is insanely creepy. His hair is so shiny I wasn't sure exactly how much of it he had.
By moara
On Thu Sep 18, 2008 06:37 AM
Poor guy. He's trying sooo hard. This is what happens when you don't leave your church community for 20? years (when are those moves from? the 60's the 80's or were they never cool)
By NadiaLadidamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 18, 2008 08:43 AM
He's like, Nick Cave from an evil anti-universe.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 AM
Edited by d4j (104724) on 2008-09-18 10:37:41 more...
"You're in for a real treat tonight ladies and gentlemen. Our next group has come all the way from Transylvania to share the love of Christ with you. So "get up offa" your seats and please give a warm "Way" welcome to VLAD and the Sisters Blue!"

:D

EDIT: Oh hey, I was gonna post this anyway, but I have two posts on the board already and don't want to flood, but it is sort of appropriate to this thread. Maybe you've seen these before, the worst Christian album covers ever. I think Vlad and his ladies need to have pics taken for their latest cd - they can use these covers for inspiration:

streetpreacherblog.com . . .
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Sep 19, 2008 08:23 AM
That one guy is hardcore with the guitar in another one of the videos...my day has been improved significantly now.
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 PM
That was pretty much amazing... wow. It's shockingly bad, yet quiet entertaining. I loved the Christian breakdancing. That guy is such a creeper.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:41 AM
They were totally on The Soup! Aah!

I'm not a big fan of Christian music, so I appreciate that their trying to make music you can dance to, even if the beat is straight out of 1985, and the dancing is really bad. Really bad. lol!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 21, 2008 03:04 PM
That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. My face hurts from laughing.
By likac66
On Sun Sep 21, 2008 03:26 PM
OMG!! I watched the first bit but then saw the comment about his dance solo so had to go back to watch it again!! What was that? A mix of breakdance, moonwalking and disco? Just way too weird!
By SOADftwmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 25, 2008 04:36 PM
"We're going to proclaim the truth, we're going to make it hurt."

Doesn't sound very Christian to me...
On Thu Sep 25, 2008 04:40 PM
Also, his dance solo really reminded me of this kid:

www.youtube.com . . .
On Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:05 PM
Edited by SOADftw (184382) on 2008-09-25 23:12:17 whoa - found someting startling...
This is my last comment, I promise. It's been like 6 hours since I watched them last and I just had to watch some more... I even took print screens...

I think they're my new favorite band. They look like they work at the salvation army and they all look SO happy! Plus they take things to the international scale and even sing in FRENCH! Isn't that AMAZING!?!?

1. My favorite guy. This tune was more rocking. He's actually pretty good at the guitar, I was impressed.
2. The one guy got really serious, but the drummer was smiling the whole time - this church must be pretty liberal if you catch my drift.
3. Their sexy duet.
4. Is it just me, or are flesh colored heels an abomination? Here they are in their lovely SA uniforms :)

They're so addicting! I can't take my eyes off them!

EDIT: I found something crazy... I googled them and I guess they're a terrible cult that have destroyed many lives. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

"Welcome to ex-way.com, an open house for ex-followers of The Way International. The book previewed here is a history of The Way and an account of my own involvement from 1980 to 1987. I believe The Way is a destructive and dangerous organization, and I wrote this book because none like it existed. I wanted to inform non-members, to give current members a different perspective, and to offer ex-members a journey back in time that could be both entertaining and healing. I hope I have accomplished some of these ends. If there's anything I can do for you please write."

Image hotlink - 'http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff299/Ruskea/cover-341new.jpg'
On Sun Sep 28, 2008 08:55 PM
OH NOES!

They took the videos down :( :( :( :(

Good thing Youtube exists.

This is the one Panic linked originally:
www.youtube.com . . .

THis is the only other one I could find:
www.youtube.com . . .
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 PM
I just wish they were Baptist so they would stop dancing around and embarrassing themselves.
By moara
On Fri Oct 03, 2008 02:37 PM
That reminds me. I don't think that I've shared this before.
addisonrd.com . . .
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 03, 2008 04:50 PM
Apparently they're not very into spreading their message...they took the videos off their website AND made YouTube take them down. What douches. I wanted to show my boyfriend that guy's dance moves.
On Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 AM
Ask and ye shall receive...
www.youtube.com . . .
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 07, 2008 09:57 PM
DAMN, did they find this thread or something? That Youtube video is off too!
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 PM
For a Christian group which wants to really spread the Gospel of Jesus they sure are doing a great job of preventing themselves from doing so by removing all of their videos.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch