Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Ask a Teacher

Ask a Teacher
Partner Acro Tricks en>fr fr>en
By Sunshine07 Comments: 47, member since Fri Sep 05, 2008
On Sun Sep 28, 2008 03:14 PM

I'm having trouble thinking of some acro tricks that can be done with partners. I remember the rolls where you hold your partners ankles and you do forward rolls. Is there any other ones anyone can think of?

8 Replies to Partner Acro Tricks

re: Partner Acro Tricks en>fr fr>en
By CRDCdancePremium member Comments: 102, member since Tue Oct 09, 2007
On Sun Sep 28, 2008 05:19 PM
Thigh stands - have a top stand on a bases thighs (up by their groin) cross hand grip wrist to wrist
then go to standing up
Theres a great book called "Gymnastics Balances and Pyramids"
Good Luck!
By tutuforuPremium member Comments: 5714, member since Mon Jun 14, 2004
On Sun Sep 28, 2008 05:32 PM
Double Kartwheels
Double Back Limbers
Handstands ( have one person do a handstand holding on to the top of their partners feet, the standing partner grabs onto the thigh area of the partner as she kicks up into the handstand and then walks back ward or forward).

did I totally confuse you on that? LOL!
By JzDncr7 Comments: 275, member since Sat Nov 15, 2003
On Sun Sep 28, 2008 05:52 PM
You can also add on to the partner rolls. I have done them two foward rolls into a backward roll so you reverse the direction.

Theres a partner handstand where one person lays down on their belly legs straight behind them and they arch back and put one arm up, the other arm stays on the ground supporting them up. The other person does a hand stand right where the other persons feet are. The person on the ground catches one of the handstander's legs and holds them up. The other leg can be brought to passe or they can be in a split.

Partnered Backhandsprings- Basically a spot for someone who doesn't have backhandsprings yet. The person being the spotter lays on their back and puts their legs up to like 90 degrees in demi plie. The person doing the backhandspring would sit on their feet and go back almost into a backbend, while the base will throw them over using their arms and feet so the person can pop over into a backhandspring and land on their feet. This can also be done with backwalkovers.

Headstand to handstand- this one is simple, one person does a headstand and the partner pulls them up into a handstand and lets them balance their handstand against them.

Then theirs more advanced stuff like aerials and walkovers holding hands.
By Sunshine07 Comments: 47, member since Fri Sep 05, 2008
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 05:47 PM
Tutu... Yes, I am slightly confused with that last one haha
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 PM
^LOL...the more I look at what I typed the more confused I am about it! I wish I could draw a picture. Now that would be a cool feature on here,huh?
By JzDncr7 Comments: 275, member since Sat Nov 15, 2003
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:37 PM
I think I figured out what tutuforu meant, correct me if I am wrong.

You have two people, one standing and one doing a handstand.

The person doing a handstand does a hand stand but with their hands on top of the standing persons feet. The Standing person grabs onto the thighs of the person doing the handstand and walks foward or backwards, while the other person is doing a handstand on their feet.

Does this make it more clear?
By dancedeb Comments: 25906, member since Sun Jun 27, 2004
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:52 PM
Partner A kneels on all fours on the floor. Partner B puts arms under A's stomach, holds on securely, and kicks up into an elbow balance. And you thought tutu's explanation was confusing!!

One-handed cartwheels holding hands with partner (of course one must be a righty and one a lefty). Same thing can be done with walkovers.

Person A does a headstand and opens legs into a straddle position. Person B does dive roll (or other diving trick) through her legs.

Larger girl does a backbend; smaller lighweight girl climbs on top (as if mounting a horse). Person A then crabwalks with B 'riding' on her.

My girls love double tricks and they are always audience pleasers. Good post.
On Tue Sep 30, 2008 07:57 AM
JzDncr7, You are correct. The standing person is just standing while holding on to the handstand persons thighs. I think thats where I made it confusing in my original reply. Geessshhh...I'm a geek.
Bless you!

ReplySendWatch