Forum: Folk / Flamenco

Flamenco
Has anyone got CDs?
By nevroth Comments: 1238, member since Fri Nov 21, 2003
On Wed Oct 01, 2008 02:32 PM

Hello!!

Holy smokes, we have to keep this board alive!

Anywho, does anyone recommend good practice CDs? I'm checking ebay, but it's hard to tell what the music will be like :/ I've actually bought one and it had footwork recorded on it, lol Or! If your teacher sells them, PM me the cost and maybe we work something work so that I can buy one.

Any dance is welcome; although I really need tangos! I already have sevillanas, bulerias, and alegrias, but the last two have decided to hide somewhere.

Ciao!

2 Replies to Has anyone got CDs?

re: Has anyone got CDs?
By oriflamenca Comments: 176, member since Fri Oct 05, 2007
On Tue Oct 14, 2008 09:58 PM
We do need to keep this board alive!
I rarely come here anymore because it's sad to see it so dead.
About CDs... I don't have any particular recommendations, but if you go to itunes you can listen to samples. They generally only play brief snippets of each song, but you can get a pretty good idea from that.
re: Has anyone got CDs?
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:04 PM
I've found inspiration for good Flamenco music by going onto YouTube.. and then, seeing if I couldn't find who the artist was who played the music.

A neat discovery:

I was rather annoyed that Amazon had stopped using sound samples on a lot of their albums, but Borders.com has quite a few.

amazon.com

borders.com

I'm quite out of the groove when it comes to really good Flamenco. When I was working at HMV and Tower people regularly came in, because there was a local class on Flamenco...

www.amazon.com . . .

www.amazon.com . . .

www.amazon.com . . .

And, what really knocked me hollow on YouTube, Paso Dobles:

www.amazon.com . . .

Hope these help!

S.

ReplySendWatch