Forum: Arts / Religion

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting (karma: 1)
By Chloe_Dreamzmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 01:51 PM
Edited by Chloe_Dancer2 (172325) on 2008-10-05 13:52:00
Edited by Chloe_Dancer2 (172325) on 2008-10-05 13:52:19

Hiya :D

Ive heard on the news of people being Racist etc.
And at School we've been told to respect others

Just to ask people of dance.net

*Please do not offend anybody's culture
*Please no horrible remarks if someone believes in different faith

The majority of the Members on here are Lovely and wouldn't do this but there is some horrible people out there

Love
C*H*L*O*E

30 Replies to Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting

re: Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting
By Count8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 02:33 PM
You "heard" news of people being racist? You didn't even encounter it on the board yourself?
I must say when it comes to respecting other peoples religion and stuff people on here usually are very careful when talking about those things.
I've personally never encountered disrespectful postings against other races or religions.
By KayEllePremium member
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 07:15 PM
I, uhh... kind of thought those were obvious. You mean we need children to post now to remind us not to be offensive?
re: Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting (karma: 1)
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 07:25 PM
If I can personally offend an entire culture then I think I've accomplished something.
By m_rc
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 07:58 PM
VelvetRagamuffin wrote:

If I can personally offend an entire culture then I think I've accomplished something.

Fascist.
By VelvetRagamuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 08:42 PM
Some would call me a "fascist," others would call me a "patriot" or a "freedom-fighter." But, you know, not the kind that fights freedom. The kind that fights for freedom.
By m_rc
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:12 PM
VelvetRagamuffin wrote:

Some would call me a "fascist," others would call me a "patriot" or a "freedom-fighter." But, you know, not the kind that fights freedom. The kind that fights for freedom.

All right, Fascist-Communist then.
By Scarletmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:36 PM
m_rc wrote:

All right, Fascist-Communist then.

Is that what you get when you paint Marxist slogans on fascias, then?

Mark
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 02:59 AM
Edited by Puss_in_Boots (29298) on 2008-10-06 03:00:30
m_rc wrote:

all right, fascist-communist then.

ZOMG dirty communist! Get it out! GET IT OUT! It might soil this thread with its filth and give the young ones ideas that will bring down our glorious nation!!

... or something like that.
By m_rc
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 07:16 AM
Edited by m_rc (162783) on 2008-10-06 07:20:54
Puss_in_Boots wrote:

ZOMG dirty communist! Get it out! GET IT OUT! It might soil this thread with its filth and give the young ones ideas that will bring down our glorious nation!!

... or something like that.

Be careful, Heart already STOLE MY FORK. Odds are the Fascist-Communists will steal yours too.
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 07:22 AM
*holds fork to chest tightly*

Oh hold on, shouldn't I be using it on Caleb? Teach the filthy pig who's boss, and all that?
re: Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting (karma: 2)
By amandalynn89
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 08:20 AM
she heard ON the news about people being racist..

well, i heard on the news about people dropping bombs.

so ddners! please don't drop bombs on others!
By m_rc
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 08:37 AM
Puss_in_Boots wrote:

*holds fork to chest tightly*

Oh hold on, shouldn't I be using it on Caleb? Teach the filthy pig who's boss, and all that?

VIGILANCE....remember that turning water into wine gag? Imagine if one of the hippie Fascist-Communists turned your FORK into a SPOON?! YIKES.....not only would you NEVER get your FORK back, but to add insult to injury your Ex-FORK inso now a SPOON in the hands of a Fascist-Communist, and you enabled him. That would make you a sympathizer, and an America Hater.
re: Dance.netters: Please Think Before Posting (karma: 6)
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 09:10 AM
Oh geez. We have a 12 year old member trying to remind us to be nice to one another and you guys take offence and get all sarcastic and bitter about it? Get over yourselves, she's trying to do a nice thing here.

Not everyone have been around this site long enough to have read these debates before, and you know, being 12 isn't exactly an offence. Give room to those who are new and younger than you too, and try and see what this post was really ment as; A friendly reminder that we all need to respect eachother. Try and put yourselves in someone elses shoes for a while and think about what you'd feel at 12 if it was you who took an initiative that was being butchered like this. Go make your jokes somewhere else.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 AM
^ Agreed. Let's not get nasty. It's good that she understands that it's important to respect one another.

However, I will add that a lot of religious people get offended a tad too easily. I have known plenty of people who jump around and scream "racist!" at stuff like "yeah, but there isn't a whole lot of evidence to the fact God really exists, anyway." It's a perfectly reasonable point. People have different beliefs, and let's not get really offended if someone voices a belief that's slightly different to yours.

I'm very anti-religious and sometimes I have to really bite my tongue not to offend anyone, but at least I appreciate that voicing one's opinions isn't always the best thing to do, or people can get very upset. It's a shame that it has to come to that. I don't think opinions should be suppressed, but c'est la vie.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 AM
While the OP's heart was in the right place, stating the obvious doesn't really do much good. DDN is hands down one of the nicest, most inoffensive message boards I've ever been a member of. I think, if anything, we go out of our way not to offend each other. I disagree with a lot of other members on a lot of topics, but it doesn't mean we can't be friends.

And I find being 12 an offense in and of itself. ;)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 AM
Is this really what a young girl gets when she tries to post a positive message? Jeez, I think we should be giving kudos to such a young person for wanting to post a positive message to people...not making fun. Seriously guys? You know what her message was, let's not trip up on the way she worded things and why she wanted to post the message.

Chloe, thanks for this post. People on here do sometimes get a little rude about other people's beliefs. Sometimes we all need a little reminder to think a little bit before we speak.
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 AM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-10-06 14:00:44 netspeak is not allowed
Thanks for some of the nice comments.

I was just Stating that some people are rude.
Its not very nice you're being very sarcastic

LoveChloeX
By Deus_Ex_Machinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 PM
amandalynn89 wrote:

she heard ON the news about people being racist..

well, i heard on the news about people dropping bombs.

so ddners! please don't drop bombs on others!

Common people, drop beats, not bombs!!!
By Miss_Wolfiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 01:31 PM
KayElle wrote:

I, uhh... kind of thought those were obvious. You mean we need children to post now to remind us not to be offensive?

Exactly. CHILDREN. This is obviously a little girl trying to be helpful and sharing something she learned in school. She sure didn't mean any damage. For pete's sake, everyone can obviously see that the OP is young! Goodness. Leave the poor kid alone! xDD
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 01:44 PM
Who responded meanly (is that a word?)? When someone states something obvious, regardless of age, are we supposed to give them karma (for which this post is OBVIOUSLY fishing), pat them on the back, and tell them "good job?"
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 01:50 PM

VelvetRagamuffin wrote:

Ware we supposed to give them karma (for which this post is OBVIOUSLY fishing)

If I wanted Karma I would of asked for it.
Don't accuse people of things that you haven't found the facts of!

Miss_Wolfie wrote:

This is obviously a little girl trying to be helpful and sharing something she learned in school. She sure didn't mean any damage. For pete's sake, everyone can obviously see that the OP is young! Goodness. Leave the poor kid alone! xDD

Well Said!
I have seen on the news about things and we learn't in R.E how not to mock other cultures.

LoveChloeX
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 01:58 PM
^It's would have asked for, not would of. Just a helpful note for the future.

And no, Caleb, meanly is not a word in the context you wish to use it. ;) And that ends today's grammar lesson, kiddies.
By imadanseurPremium member
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 02:32 PM
Again it is a post saying just be nice to people. Is that such a bad thing? Must we mock it or can we all just move along and realize that it is much better than nasty threads where people don't like each other.
On Mon Oct 06, 2008 02:55 PM
If it looks like a duck. . .
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch