Forum: Disco / Disco - Parents Only

Disco - Parents Only
Being Responsible For What You Post (karma: 4)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:22 PM
Made sticky by Odessa (22571) on 2008-10-15 22:24:10

We've had a few reports lately of people wanting us to remove comments they've posted on this board.

Please be advised that the moderators do not remove comments just because you've changed your mind, or have decided that what you posted was a bit too harsh, or inflammatory, or what have you.

For instance, if you say something rude about someone else, we're not going to remove your post if that someone else finds it and takes offence. Once something is on the internet, it is generally there forever, so please consider that before you post.

If you make the post, you've gotta stand by it. They were your words, and, like if you've said something in conversation, once something is said, it can't be unsaid. You've just got to stand by it.

On a similar note, please remember that while this board is marked Disco Parents Only, and only Parents are allowed to post here, this board can be read by anyone on the whole of Dance.net - and the whole of the internet, with it.

Exercising a little discretion can only be a good thing. If, for instance, you're about to post something that happened at a comp or in class involving people who may be members of DDN (or have a friend who's a member of DDN), think about what you're about to say and consider how it will be taken if read by the person it's about.

By all means, continue to use this board as a place to chat with your fellow parents, share your pride in your kids, and laugh, celebrate and commiserate together.

But think before you post and if you're in any doubt at all that what you're about to post may upset or offend someone, or cause some other kind of problem, it may be best to refrain from posting it at all.

Because we don't take things down just because you've changed your mind, or offended someone. Responsibility is key, and if you say it, you've got to bear it.

Erin and the Mod Squad.

14 Replies to Being Responsible For What You Post

re: Being Responsible For What You Post
By tigertiger Comments: 21, member since Wed Oct 08, 2008
On Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:36 AM
Such a good post :D

i havent been a mamber on ddn for long, but some of the comments on this Parents forum have shocked me

People do need to be resopnsible for what they say :D

xx
By likac66 Comments: 339, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:00 PM
Quite agree. Well said.

If you regret posting something, rather than asking for it to be removed as if it never existed, perhaps the responsible thing to do would be to APOLOGISE and admit you made a mistake.

What a great example that would be to set our kids.
By KIERRA_N_CHARLEEmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2655, member since Tue Aug 10, 2004
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 AM
totally agree 100% -

coll
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 02:14 AM
Great Post to explain you have to stand by your own convictions or risk the consequences

Mama DD's xxx
By ANNAR Comments: 690, member since Wed Jun 13, 2007
On Wed Dec 17, 2008 04:30 PM
Great post. Everyone has to be responsible for their actions weather they like it or not.
x
By rachbear73member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4523, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Mon Jan 19, 2009 06:07 AM
Couldnt agree more!

Rach xx
By chelsealoumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3302, member since Wed May 07, 2008
On Thu Jan 29, 2009 03:37 AM
good post
couldnt agree more x
kerry x
By Cheermaster Comments: 45, member since Fri Apr 24, 2009
On Fri Apr 24, 2009 04:19 PM
totally agree...common sense would tell you so. I was horrified to recently see on a fellow parents account some messages that were being left due to someone maybe blowing a situation out of proportion. I thought we were meant to be hear to support and guide the children...and yes on occasion have a moan.

Good luck to all the kids at Brean this weekend...have fun mums.

Anne x
By HannaH_ChamPmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2969, member since Tue Oct 03, 2006
On Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 PM
'Here here!'

Sue x
By wondermum7 Comments: 34, member since Sat Apr 25, 2009
On Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 PM
hi

we always say think before you speak same goes for comments on here
By HannahfreedomPremium member Comments: 184, member since Sun Jan 11, 2009
On Sat Nov 14, 2009 08:41 AM
Couldnt agree more people need to act responsibly and remember others read what they post. So if you dont want someone to read it dont post it x
By Honeydancewear Comments: 32, member since Fri Jul 02, 2010
On Thu Jul 15, 2010 01:08 PM
This is one of the best posts I've read on dance.net ! All too often we tell our children to think before they speak so as not to offend other people. It really is something children and adults alike need to do before posting on a public forum for everyone to see and more than that think how you'd feel if the post was about you or your child.
By Dream_Promotions Comments: 6, member since Wed Apr 17, 2013
On Wed Apr 17, 2013 07:01 AM
What a great post!

I am a new member, returning after almost 10 years away from Dancenet. It is all too easy to delete comments on other sites such as facebook etc. which means people type before thinking sometimes.

I would personally rather not post anything at the moment but I have to post 20 new comments to become a full member so here I am!
By ellesmam Comments: 156, member since Fri Sep 16, 2011
On Mon Apr 22, 2013 09:59 AM
I too have recently come back too dance net after a long time and need to post twenty comments to become a full member.I can only add to this post that people should think before they type,

ReplySendWatch